Xbox 360 Revealed!!!! (Xbox 2)

Hello >_<

ok here is some links to the pictures of Xbox 2.i don't know if this is in the right thread.this has probably been told already.sorry if it already has.if it has oh well.but any way here is some very helpful links to what the Xbox 2 looks like. :ermm:

Xbox 360 picture here:

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/articles/613/...mg_2775651.html

Xbox 360 Hardware info here

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/612/612995p1.html

Xbox 360 software (games) here

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/613/613373p1.html

picture of Xbox 360's controller here

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/articles/613/613336/imgs_1.html

Xbox 360 the design here:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/612/612999p1.html

enjoy

The Xbox 360 can stand on its end or on its side.

This will clearly be the main selling point.

From the same article:

The technical make-up of the machine is largely what was expected. Under the bonnet, the 360 is powered by a processor with three IBM PowerPC 3.2GHz chips, with a custom ATI 500MHz graphics processor and 512Mb of RAM.

According to Microsoft, this will offer a teraflop of overall performance.

Teraflop?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Teraflop?

Indeed, a Teraflop! It can manage a Trillion Floating Point Operations Per?

Imagine, a Trillion Operations Per! Floating Point Operations Per, no less.

Remarkable. From the people who brought you the Gigahert, no doubt >_<

I'll be revealing my new Yst Brand Automobile this month, capable of hitting 220KP (Kilometres per) on a straightaway, consuming only 40L/ (Litres per).

Teraflop?

Indeed, a Teraflop! It can manage a Trillion Floating Point Operations Per?

Imagine, a Trillion Operations Per! Floating Point Operations Per, no less.

Remarkable. From the people who brought you the Gigahert, no doubt :)

I'll be revealing my new Yst Brand Automobile this month, capable of hitting 220KP (Kilometres per) on a straightaway, consuming only 40L/ (Litres per).

Oh, you guys! You know perfectly well that no one does science past grade 4 in this country, the closest anyone in the media gets to a computer is when they were at school there was a geek in the corner of the room who had one.

But: Advertising!; Marketing! Hairdressing!; Telephone Sanitation! -- these are the bulwarks of a society; these are the foundations needed to creted the artistic civilisation of the third millennium!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I hope the PS3 has ports for non-wireless controllers.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

olol?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

How many time, I'll have to wait to see the games of the Xbox 2 in PC?

And how many games?

That's the only part thing of the Xbox 2 what interests me :cool:

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

I hear it isn't reverse compatable with the Xbox games... I don't think I'll be buying either now. <_<

I think I may buy the used Xbox of a friend once the Xbox 2 comes out solely in order to replay Jade Empire (which I have already played on a borrowed Xbox, having been unwilling to purchase one).

This is its sole relevance to me.

I'm not that impressed with any of the launch titles, but I preordered one anyway. XBOX seems to be the console that's directing it's goals towards my interest the best. Hopefully they do this generation, too.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

By the looks of things Sony had better hurry up with the PS3, or the competition will be too much.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

By the looks of things Sony had better hurry up with the PS3, or the competition will be too much.

Why? The only thing we've seen so far are very short glimpses of games that, in my opinion, didn't look that impressive, plus a bunch of impressive technical specs. There's nothing revolutionary about the new Xbox. It's all been done before. There's a PowerPC processor (with a bunch of cores) an ATI graphics card, a small harddrive, wireless controllers, a quite ugly design (again) and nothing else. Why get excited about a console that offers nothing new, just the same old stuff with a little extra power behind it?

I am hoping Nintendo and Sony has something extra to offer this time around. I think Nintendo might actually win this round, IF they indeed do have something up their sleeve. At least the Nintendo president said something along the lines, "Today's consoles already have great graphics. To bring the gaming industry forward, the new consoles need more than just better graphics". I think he hit the nail right on the head.

One more thing: Why did Microsoft rush the Xbox 360? They offer nothing inventive, give their opponents a whole year to beat them in every aspect and the only thing they can hope for is that the developers have time to churn out lots and lots of quality game titles between the release of their Xbox 360 and the release of the other consoles. If that doesn't happen, then I believe both Nintendo and the PS3 will surpass the new Xbox.

Microsoft didn't exactly blow the competition out of the water with the Xbox 360, but we'll see if they have something clever planned for the future.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

maybe not afetr all sony has a much bigger market share than xbox and gamecube combined. So they would have to make a real mess of things to succumb to competition. IF they add backwards compatibility to ps3 sony will have it made.

I think the best thing Sony could do is to announce GTA4 (5?) as the first release title for the PS3.. That would make me pre-order one.. :rolleyes:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Why? The only thing we've seen so far are very short glimpses of games that, in my opinion, didn't look that impressive, plus a bunch of impressive technical specs. There's nothing revolutionary about the new Xbox. It's all been done before. There's a PowerPC processor (with a bunch of cores) an ATI graphics card, a small harddrive, wireless controllers, a quite ugly design (again) and nothing else. Why get excited about a console that offers nothing new, just the same old stuff with a little extra power behind it?

I am hoping Nintendo and Sony has something extra to offer this time around. I think Nintendo might actually win this round, IF they indeed do have something up their sleeve. At least the Nintendo president said something along the lines, "Today's consoles already have great graphics. To bring the gaming industry forward, the new consoles need more than just better graphics". I think he hit the nail right on the head.

One more thing: Why did Microsoft rush the Xbox 360? They offer nothing inventive, give their opponents a whole year to beat them in every aspect and the only thing they can hope for is that the developers have time to churn out lots and lots of quality game titles between the release of their Xbox 360 and the release of the other consoles. If that doesn't happen, then I believe both Nintendo and the PS3 will surpass the new Xbox.

Microsoft didn't exactly blow the competition out of the water with the Xbox 360, but we'll see if they have something clever planned for the future.

Well, Xbox 360 does have USB 2.0 connectivity, and interactivity with pretty much any USB 2.0 device (including the PSP) according to the stuff said over at Tom's Hardware Guide.

Nintendo should've won the last round, everyone couldn't get over the aesthetic appearance of the box though. It had better hardware than the PS2, almost equal hardware to the Xbox. A cheaper price tag than both, and because it didn't try to be a multimedia center, it has less things to go wrong with it. Because of this, whereas PS2 and Xbox consoles will be on the scrap heap in a few years, the Cubes will probably last as long as their predecessors.

ninty didnt win the last round cos it wasnt a dvd player and it had no backwards compatibility.

The new xbox and ps3 will be examples of convergence technology as regards to media entertainment.

Ninty has said their next console will focus purely on gaming. If this is true then i think they will be closed off to a large portion of the market.

ninty didnt win the last round cos it wasnt a dvd player and it had no backwards compatibility.

The new xbox and ps3 will be examples of convergence technology as regards to media entertainment.

Ninty has said their next console will focus purely on gaming. If this is true then i think they will be closed off to a large portion of the market.

If you really want an example of how much better the Cube's hardware was then the PS2 and Xbox's guts, just look at the warranty.

Sony and MS give you 90 days.

Nintendo gives you a full year.

maybe not afetr all sony has a much bigger market share than xbox and gamecube combined. So they would have to make a real mess of things to succumb to competition. IF they add backwards compatibility to ps3 sony will have it made.

Sony said the PS3 would be backwards compatible months ago. It will be backwards compatible with both PS1 and PS2 games.

Devastatorsig.jpg

well then sony rules the world - again.

Wishlist for ps3 - no cables... at all (except for the power of course.)

As long as they have ports for wired controllers I don't mind them going wireless. I like my wired controllers, I don't want to have to buy batteries for my controllers.

Devastatorsig.jpg