Don't buy K3 thread!

Heh, I thought the twist in TSL were better then, "OMFG!11! Im d4rth R3v4n!!11!

Anyhow, I'm sorry to didn't enjoy the story... thought, i'm sure you decided long before you even played the game, that the story was going to suck.

Also, I'm almost 100% sure you will buy Kotor3, even if it gets horrible reviews.

Because anyone who would continue to *waste* their time visiting a Kotor2 Board and actually post has some sever attachment to the game.

One of the most correct posts I hoped to see in this thread, both regarding the twist in K1 and about K3 :cool:

Seriously, how many "I won't buy K3" or "K2 sucked so I'm angry" threads have we seen in these boards? We all are going to buy it if/when it comes out, no matter how we felt about K2 (which totall PWNz K1 IMHO), so why complain...

*SPOILER ALERT*

I agree. You sound so mad, MTJ, yet we are many who loved KotORII, and surprisingly, the critics are with us. Rage as much as you want and hate this game, but I'll still by KotORIII, and I'll hope that Obsidian will have learned from their mistakes.

I think it's about time we give a new developer, who has handled its first game amazingly well, a chance and stopped whining.

Mainly I just disagree with you on the "twist" part.

Which twist is better, Kreia or Bastila:

Bastila: She's annoying, wild and uncontrollable. "Oh my! Does she become sith? Wow! I never saw that coming!"

Kreia: Old woman shrouded in mystery. You don't know what to expect, and at the end you find out she's neither an ally nor an enemy, but a little bit of both.

Plus, KotORI, as every thing SW, divides everything into Dark and Light and (in Jolees case) grey. But KotORII has another way of seeing everything. Dark things might lead to greater goodness, light things might lead to greater evil and remaining passive can lead both ways.

So just don't think everyone agrees when you trash KotORII. If KotORIII is a bugless version of KotORII with an ending that lasts longer than 2 secs, I'll be one happy dude :)

They would probably spend 50 dollars for a game that was done in a month (don't get any ideas obsidian)

Its the publisher that sets the deadlines, not the developer. I would think people would know this by now. :thumbsup:

True, but it was the developers that didn't stick to their estimates. :ermm:" (I can see the LA boardroom a year ago: "Can you believe those developers agreed to finish before Xmas ... Hah!" :( )

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Seriously, how many "I won't buy K3" or "K2 sucked so I'm angry" threads have we seen in these boards? We all are going to buy it if/when it comes out, no matter how we felt about K2 (which totall PWNz K1 IMHO), so why complain...

Well, just because you don't learn from experience doesn't mean everyone else won't.

I will not buy the next Star Wars RPG (I don't buy SW FPS as they suck) until after I have confirmed and re-confirmed the quality through the game magazines and fora, and then re-confirmed a third time by renting it.

Very valid points about the predictable narrative elements, I expect this won't change as there seems to be a determination by LA and their harem of developers to pay endless homage to the limited archetypes provided by the films. I don't find it quite as unpalatable, however: it is SW, after all.

well said metadigital

I'll blindly trust LA with ONLY Kotor III... Maybe Episode III the game... And maybe that one RTS... But then I'm laying of the rushed LA games...

Kotor III should be good, or else LA's going to have one heck of a reputation to piece back together.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

I'll blindly trust LA with ONLY Kotor III... Maybe Episode III the game... And maybe that one RTS... But then I'm laying of the rushed LA games...

Kotor III should be good, or else LA's going to have one heck of a reputation to piece back together.

Off Topic a bit, but...

Episode III Game is garbage, I rented it and it's not even worth the time.

Everything about the advertisement is wrong. This game does not provide the realistic Jedi experience. Considering how linear the game is, destroying wave after wave of identical enemies with absolutely no thought involved, just slash, slash, slash. No free roaming, no puzzles and too damn short. I went rented it, thinking it would be something like the SW version of DMC... but it's just so awful.

Off Topic a bit, but...

Episode III Game is garbage, I rented it and it's not even worth the time.

Everything about the advertisement is wrong. This game does not provide the realistic Jedi experience. Considering how linear the game is, destroying wave after wave of identical enemies with absolutely no thought involved, just slash, slash, slash. No free roaming, no puzzles and too damn short. I went rented it, thinking it would be something like the SW version of DMC... but it's just so awful.

I splitted with a brother for it (30 dollars) and I must say it sure wasn't worth it.

It should atleast have Live Mutiplayer on it. Its mutiplayer is awful, I consider Starwars Obiwan (Yes that garbage game) to have better mutiplayer than Ep3.

thats y u only buy games LA SPONSORS, and doesnt make. otherwise they find a way to make it for kids even though their largest fanbase is teen and up because theyre retarded. Face it, most kids dont like starwars. Im 16 and i kno like 3 ppl who like it at my high school, but theyre those kids who never speak and wear invader zim shirts and ****.

I am not going to follow the same mistake as with K2. I am not buying Kotor 3 if it ends up having a incomplete story that shouldn't of been the story in the first place..

Yes Obsidan I am talking about your 90 Yearold Historian teacher who gets her ass kicked by everyone and tries to bring an end to the force (yawn) and it ends up that she's the main villian who was disguised as your ally..

Hey maybe the story would of been good if there was a twist how Kreia shows her true motives (Hell Sidious did a better job, he ordered order 66)

But Kreia? What did she do exactly? Drain health 3 master jedi to death? (how is that a twist) and you see her run off and suspously she attacks the ship but all you find is Atton who's out of breath (whaa) and then he's perfectly ok..

right...

I swear if I read on gamespot, Gamespy, IGN that the story of Kotor 3 is something like K2.. which is like

You AWAKE in a Tatioone Cantina with a huge hangover. You get met by a old women.. no wait.. lets have a old man! Who happens to have the unique ability of forming a force bond with you (OH YIPPIE). He says he's the master of the exile and you follow him throughout the galaxy.

At the end you find out that he's the one who bought you the drinks in the first place (Which caused you your hangover) a fight ensues over the last drink, after you chop off his drinking hand. He tells you your future.. "Many drinks I see in the future", "Kotor 4 coming to stores in 6 months!" etc etc. Than your main character kills him to get the last drink. Than the movie rolls with your character walking out of the cantina (for no reason) and than...

than..

THE CREDITS ROLL.. LEAVING YOU WITH A FEELING THAT THE GAME WASN'T COMPLETE.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, K3 better not have a crappy and retarded story like K2

post-11131-1115589728_thumb.jpg

... Kotor III should be good, or else LA's going to have one heck of a reputation to piece back together.

Unfortunately "goodwill" seems to be an optional extra when it comes to the goldrush mentality of the fanboys in this thread (see <{POST_SNAPBACK}>), so LA are (quite rightly, methinks) prioritising quality waaaaaaaaaaaay down the list of requirements for games.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I am not going to follow the same mistake as with K2. I am not buying Kotor 3 if it ends up having a incomplete story that shouldn't of been the story in the first place..

Yes Obsidan I am talking about your 90 Yearold Historian teacher who gets her ass kicked by everyone and tries to bring an end to the force (yawn) and it ends up that she's the main villian who was disguised as your ally..

Hey maybe the story would of been good if there was a twist how Kreia shows her true motives (Hell Sidious did a better job, he ordered order 66)

But Kreia? What did she do exactly? Drain health 3 master jedi to death? (how is that a twist) and you see her run off and suspously she attacks the ship but all you find is Atton who's out of breath (whaa) and then he's perfectly ok..

right...

I swear if I read on gamespot, Gamespy, IGN that the story of Kotor 3 is something like K2.. which is like

You AWAKE in a Tatioone Cantina with a huge hangover. You get met by a old women.. no wait.. lets have a old man! Who happens to have the unique ability of forming a force bond with you (OH YIPPIE). He says he's the master of the exile and you follow him throughout the galaxy.

At the end you find out that he's the one who bought you the drinks in the first place (Which caused you your hangover) a fight ensues over the last drink, after you chop off his drinking hand. He tells you your future.. "Many drinks I see in the future", "Kotor 4 coming to stores in 6 months!" etc etc. Than your main character kills him to get the last drink. Than the movie rolls with your character walking out of the cantina (for no reason) and than...

than..

THE CREDITS ROLL.. LEAVING YOU WITH A FEELING THAT THE GAME WASN'T COMPLETE.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, K3 better not have a crappy and retarded story like K2

Exactly :thumbsup:

Lol, that story is funny  :lol:

I'm still gonna get K3 even if the story is incomplete like K2.

Me too. My imagination can fill in the blanks.

Yep. Better an incomplete KotORII than a 3rd person shooter game instead of a roleplaying game.

"Its the publisher that sets the deadlines, not the developer. I would think people would know this by now."

It's the devloper who agrees to the deadline and isgns th contratc due to greed in wanting a big IP like SW pimping their game.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Its the publisher that sets the deadlines, not the developer. I would think people would know this by now."

It's the devloper who agrees to the deadline and isgns th contratc due to greed in wanting a big IP like SW pimping their game.

Volourn, slow down! I think I know what you were typing, but it is almost impossible to decifer what you wrote and correlate with said premise. Also I said it earlier. :D

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If a huge number of gamers boycott LucasArts unless they make Kotor 3 well, it might have an effect. Might. And it's very unlikely to happen.

Wise companies respond to their consumers. Is LucasArts a wise company? Of course, if you announce that you're never going to buy another LucasArts game, you're no longer a consumer. So why should they listen to you?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

We can always boycott ep 3 and the next Indiana Jones,not buy any of their garbage(dog costumes.anyone?),boycott all their games and save our money so we could buy the company when it goes bankrupt :thumbsup:

Well it could work :devil:"

We can always boycott ep 3 and the next Indiana Jones,not buy any of their garbage(dog costumes.anyone?),boycott all their games and save our money so we could buy the company when it goes bankrupt :thumbsup:

Well it could work :devil:"

The next Indiana Jones? Is there going to be one? Who are they going to get to play Indy?

Unfortunately, even if LucasArts were driven to bankruptcy, I don't think Lucas would lose his intellectual property rights to the Star Wars universe. As far as I know, these rights are inalienable.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I'd still buy K3... I mean, I can't get enough of K1, and K2 was alright (story was decent, my main disappointments came from the general lack of completeness) but worth at least (so far) 2 replays through. If K3 follows in the same vein (though I pray it takes as long as possible to ensure it's a good game), I'll still get it, if for no other reason than completeness. Pft. I'd still get it if it used the same engine.

<>< <>< Fishy Fishy ><> ><>

... Unfortunately, even if LucasArts were driven to bankruptcy, I don't think Lucas would lose his intellectual property rights to the Star Wars universe.  As far as I know, these rights are inalienable.

Well it seems that the movie is in pre-production :

Linky :D

My guess is that Ford will still play him :shifty:

Well couldn't he sell them...if he was in financial trouble :lol:

That's right; Michael Jackson purchased all the rights to the Beatles music years ago (all except Yellow Submarine: ironically Ringo had his head screwed on right :) ), so I'm sure the IP is a saleable item.

The chances of making GL bankrupt is sadly overrated, however: he's got more money than he knows what to do with.

If a huge number of gamers boycott LucasArts unless they make Kotor 3 well, it might have an effect.  Might.  And it's very unlikely to happen.

Wise companies respond to their consumers.  Is LucasArts a wise company?  Of course, if you announce that you're never going to buy another LucasArts game, you're no longer a consumer.  So why should they listen to you?

This is why I didn't say I would never buy another game; I said I wouldn't buy one upon release and wait for the reviews to prove the game isn't as bad as I expect it to be.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I always wanted to beat Kreia to death the first time she talked to me in the game. She's a strange old woman, a complete stranger who thinks she's your grandmother or something (yuck) It sucks that I had to wait all the way till the end to do it.