Serenity trailer (aka the Firefly movie)

kumquatq3

4 day total: $10,819,660

Mon total: $732,980

assuming that weekly number holds and you pull 7 mill ( :thumbsup: ) or more this weekend, you crack 20 million.

I'll be seeing it again this weekend most likely. Gotta drag my other roommate who cancelled at the last minute on friday because he got some vacuum tubes in the mail.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'll be seeing it again this weekend most likely. Gotta drag my other roommate who cancelled at the last minute on friday because he got some vacuum tubes in the mail.

;)

Okay, I got my sick and twisted brain cap on today. BAD IMAGE! BAD IMAGE! GO AWAY!!!!!!

Edited by Hades_One

So the DVD has been announced for December 20th. Crap for special features, so expect a special edition sometime in the spring.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Getting drunk and then seeing Serenity would be more fun. 

Good one liners+impaired judgement=lots o' laughs

YOU ARE THE AGE OF MY YOUNGER BROTHER!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!

For the love of God, all I meant was that folks laugh at anything when they're tipsy, so even the bad jokes would seem great to them.

And no, I've never got drunk. I've had a few sips of a margarita, but that's it. But I've seen my dad and his drinking buddies, and I can tell you that after the sixth or seventh beer they won't stop laughing.

sig2.gif

Well, you've convinced me, kumquat, I'm going to go see this one with a friend on Saturday.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Dude, I get up at 4:30 in the morning to drive to Los Angeles every weekday. I have to sleep sometime. Plus, last weekend, I helped my buddy with a house, my wife was gone to a conference, and my friend wanted to see a different movie. We did discuss seeing Serenity and I related the plot based on what I'd read in this thread.

I don't tend to watch T.V. unless the wife is home, and then I watch what she wants to watch.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

see the first 9 minutes of serenity:

link

You're a day late :(

Devastatorsig.jpg

Is serenety worth watching or should I wait for the DVD rental ?

It is the best science fiction movie released in the last 10 years. better than the Star Wars prequels. It is better than Minority Report. It is the Sci Fi equivelent of LotR. GO SEE IT NOW!!!!! (w00t)

Unless you have a full 60" screen and full stereo home theatre a DVD cannot do it justice.

If you like hard science fiction with a lil' bit of whimsy then you will love Serenity.

Edited by Hades_One

You get a quick idea of all the characters basic past in the first 20 mintues of the movie but the television series will get you a better understanding of everyone. Watching the TV series isn't a prerequisite to enjoy the movie for it is whole in of itself but if you have seen the series you get an expanded view of the characters' personalities and histories.

If you haven't seen the series you need to because it was one of the best sci fi shows and died way before its time. Compared to SG-1, Atlantis, current Battlestar Galactica, Farscape, all the Star Trek series, and so forth it was far superior.

I hadn't seen any of Firefly and still thought the film was great, if that helps.

Incidentally Hades, why is the series called Firefly? I assumed when I heard about it that it would be the name of the ship, but since its name is Serenity (unless they switched ships between the series and the movie), Firefly is something of a mystery to me.

I'll have to buy the series on DVD (unless I can figure out which of the episodes they show on Sci-Fi is the first one), but while I have no doubt it'll be damn good, I highly doubt it will touch the sheer brilliance of the current Battlestar Galactica. Especailly not after that last episode.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I hadn't seen any of Firefly and still thought the film was great, if that helps.

Incidentally Hades, why is the series called Firefly?  I assumed when I heard about it that it would be the name of the ship, but since its name is Serenity (unless they switched ships between the series and the movie), Firefly is something of a mystery to me.

I'll have to buy the series on DVD (unless I can figure out which of the episodes they show on Sci-Fi is the first one), but while I have no doubt it'll be damn good, I highly doubt it will touch the sheer brilliance of the current Battlestar Galactica.  Especailly not after that last episode.

The Series was called Firefly because that was the class of ship that Mal and his crew uses. The movie was called Serenity for that is the particular handle Mal's ship has. I hope that is clear.

Edited by Hades_One

The Series was called Firefly because that was the class of ship that Mal and his crew uses.  The movie was called Serenity for that is the particular handle Mal's ship has.  I hope that is clear.

Clear as crystal, thanks. Galaxy class USS Enterprise, Firefly class Serenity. Gotcha. :)

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!