Lady Death- behind the scenes

Kaftan Barlast

I just got my hands on some kind of preview edition Lady Death comic that contains copies of interoffice memos and design guides to the pencillers. Some of this stuff is pure comedy, especially the editors concern of the portrayal of the main character.

9. Buttocks shot - dont do outright buttocks shots, Lady Death is regal and elegant

1.3 Do not draw Lady Death in spread-legged poses or with her buttocks in the air. She is regal and classy, not a tramp or a whore.

1.4 Avoid low-angle shots that are not flattering to Lady Death's face or make her chin look big.

No buttocks in the air, not a whore... no big chin.. got it.

2.3 Lady deaths breasts are 38D

2.4 Lady Deaths measurements are 38D(breasts), 24" (waist), 36"(hips)

That's good to know. Might come in handy if you'd ever want to order a realdoll.

8.3 DO NOT draw outright buttocks shot

8.4 DO NOT draw Lady Death in spred-legged poses or with her buttocks in the air

This is apparently so important that its mentioned twice. Curious then that the comics contain nothing BUT ****, ass and buttocks-in-the-air shots. Also curious, this is the comic that has the most swinsuit, lingerie, pinup etc. special editions of all.

LDV06.jpg

typical Lady Death cover image.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

never heard of this comic before ( :ph34r: ) but I see that the artists have adhered to good taste and not resorted to tacky lowest-common-denominator (or should that be lowest-common-denominatrix :cool: ) salacity.

I can really feel their artistic integrity speaking to me, as they decry man's inhumanity to man and pose the eternal riddle of world peace and help frame the debate for an end to poverty, hunger and disease. :p"

PS Still, at least her arse isn't up in the air. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Still, at least her arse isn't up in the air. :thumbsup:

What, you mean like this?

LDV16.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well stocked comic book stores that sell imports. But beware, there is a less indecent version called "Medieval Lady Death".

I agree with kirottu

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

...What's the medieval version about? :o

They did it to cash in on the fantasy hype. Where classical Lady Death is

"Young girl has dubious father, gets burned at the stake by angry villagers, goes to hell. Finds out she's satans daughter, becomes pale-skinned, scantily-clad vixen. Battles demons & stuff. Later regains humanity, comes to New York with amnesia, battles crooks and demon-worshippers. Has pants for a short while before returning to her usual minimalistic clothing."

Medieval Lady Death is

"Young girl has dubious father, gets drowned by angry villagers. Arises as pale-skinned, not so scantly clad vixen. Finds out her father is king of the 'eldritch'(dark elves). Battles said 'Eldritch' and angry bigotted catholics."

The Medieval version is actually much better.

classical Lady Death is

"Young girl has dubious father, gets burned at the stake by angry villagers, goes to hell. Finds out she's satans daughter, becomes pale-skinned, scantily-clad vixen. Battles demons & stuff. [1] Later regains humanity, comes to New York with amnesia, battles crooks and demon-worshippers. Has pants for a short while before returning to her usual minimalistic clothing."

Medieval Lady Death is

"Young girl has dubious father, gets drowned by angry villagers. Arises as pale-skinned, not so scantly clad vixen. Finds out her father is king of the 'eldritch'(dark elves). Battles said 'Eldritch' and angry bigotted catholics."

The Medieval version is actually much better.[2]

1. You have to hand it to them, the creative talent required to jump from ancient demonic history into modern-day downtown Manhattan is inspiring. And in only one sentence. :o

2. It sounds like this is the real comic, whereas the former is just an Elvira-clone used as a vehicle for all those vampire-fetish Gothic geeks out there (you know who you are). Come to think of it, that must be quite a market segment. :wub:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

..an Elvira-clone used as a vehicle for all those vampire-fetish Gothic geeks out there (you know who you are). Come to think of it, that must be quite a market segment. :)

vampirella.jpg

although I resent the "Elvira clone" part

Vampire lesbians? :)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Vampirella is so much more than that... and there's 3 "Vampirella vs. Lady Death" specials to make it even better!

Well, here's a fun review I found...

Lady Death lashes out with her right breast. Vampirella blocks with her left. She feints with her right nipple and bops Death with her left melon. Almost tipping over, Death reels back. She ducks beneath Vampirella's cachongas and nails her in the ribs with her knockers. Oh, no! Gravity hits our busty bloodsucker hard. Vampirella falls, but not to worry, her wings sprout, and oooooo, her casabas smack into Death's face. What a pair. Hell, I could have bought two iced teas with the money I spent on this softcore catfight.

But the basic forumula for all three is:

1. Lady D and Vampirella get tricked into fighting eachother

2. They fight.

3. In a moment of sheer homoeritiscism Vampirella bites Lady D to sense her soul and find out they're really friends

4. They defeat the true naughty person and go home.

Its all about the duality of man, Roger. The Jungian thing.

It doesnt really say. They are both known to reside in abandoned churches so they'd feel at home anywhere they went I think.

However, I feel shocked by the your immoral innuendo at their activities at said place. They would just do normal girlie things like watch TV, drink tea and lick strawberry jam off eachothers naked bodies.

You're right. Its weird to talk about something without giving enough examples. So here's a scanned page that I think really nails the essence of Lady Death

I didnt notice the huge size of it until I uploaded it so Ill link to it instead of screwing up the forum

"I liek boobie"

Am I the only one that finds those... humongous... even for a 38D?  :-

Its probably more a loose direction where size may vary and 38D is the recommended minimum :D

..and please, Lady Death does not have implants. Not that the comics give an answer, one page shes mortal struggling as a slave in hell, the other shes got huge boobs, pale skin and very very tall hair.