Xbox Live

More people bought KOTOR 2 for the xbox and we "the masses" need a patch...

SO GO MAKE ONE FOR US.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your ignorant.... Rather then open it and prove them right.

We (the PC users) had to wait two extra months to get the game. Then, we had to wait an additional two months to make it:

1) Playable for some.

2) Get game stopping bugs fixed.

3) To get an exact copy of the Xbox version.

None of the Xbox bugs have been fixed on the PC version.

So, be silent.

SO GO MAKE ONE FOR US.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your ignorant.... Rather then open it and prove them right.

We (the PC users) had to wait two extra months to get the game. Then, we had to wait an additional two months to make it:

1) Playable for some.

So, be silent.

KOTOR 1 was updated and it wasn't xbox live you retard.

Xbox live enabled means you can logon in your xbox account, make purchases for that game. etc.

SO GO MAKE ONE FOR US.

1) Playable for some.

So, be silent.

Xbox live enabled means you can logon in your xbox account, make purchases for that game. etc.

Actually it wasnt a patch... It was extra content that wasnt even extra.. we just got something that was originaly ONLY for PC. And it is hooked up to Xbox Live and it was downloaded in a way you could buy it because is said "Price: Free" or something like that you didnt pay for it... I know I had to sign in on my account to buy it. What world are you living in?

Indeed, KotOR 1 was, and always was, and had always been described as supporting Live content. Since prior to release. KotOR 2 is, and always was, and always has been described as not supporting Live functionality.

Sheesh. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

SO GO MAKE ONE FOR US.

1) Playable for some.

So, be silent.

Why the hell did you quote me? I said nothing about live.

And what exactly are you complaining about... Read #3.

If you want it that bad sell your Xbox game and buy the pc's one

There is no point in doing that, unless you want better graphics.

:shifty: Just so you you know, you can patch xbox stupids. I just downloaded version 1.1 for halo 2 on xbox last week. Also, 4 new maps just came out. This was just to say that XBL can be used to get patches.

Mace Windu: Palpatine, we have come to arrest you.

Palpatine: Want a banana?

Mace Windu: ....

There is no point in doing that, unless you want better graphics.

Just so you know, the oddesey engine that powers the game is from 2001-2002. That means both systems play the game the same way. If KotOR II utilized a newer engine, then yes, the computer would have better graphics. But since the engine is so old, and Xbox is meant to play games of that era, and since no other PC can "enhance the graphics", the graphics for both will remain the same for both systems. If your talking about resolution, then yes, a tv screen is no match for a computer screen. :cool: I have yet to find bugs in my Xbox version, unless I play my modded games...(of course)

Mace Windu: Palpatine, we have come to arrest you.

Palpatine: Want a banana?

Mace Windu: ....

Right now, the only reason to buy the PC vesion is for the patch...and the resolution. 

Don't forget anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtration. Must haves, in my opinion. Not into blurry textures and jaggies.

The patch should mean nothing to the Xbox users. It does not adress any of the Xbox bugs and are in the PC version.

Because of the way TV display the game... Little or no AA/AF is needed for a a smoother look... I've tested it, With TV-OUT. It looks lousy though... Nowhere near as clear as on a monitor.

Ah yes the X-Box, best and most expensive door stopper I ever purchased.

You mean you buy games for it beyond Halo, then moan about not being able to have a buggy game fixed? I thought that the whole point of consoles was that they're all the same so much less time was needed on testing different configurations unlike individual PCs, hence there should be no bugs at all unless there was no testing at all. Also, given it's Microsoft maybe you should expect things on it to be a little substandard bug/programming wise. "UNIX-BOX" that's what you should have got.

"Free the code - open source"

MY PHOTORECEPTORS!

:thumbsup: Just so you you know, you can patch xbox stupids.  I just downloaded version 1.1 for halo 2 on xbox last week.  Also, 4 new maps just came out.  This was just to say that XBL can be used to get patches.

You can only patch games that are Live enabled. Halo is Live Enabled, TSL is NOT Live enabled therefore you can NOT patch TSL on Xbox.

:blink: Just so you you know, you can patch xbox stupids.  I just downloaded version 1.1 for halo 2 on xbox last week.  Also, 4 new maps just came out.  This was just to say that XBL can be used to get patches.

You can only patch games that are Live enabled. Halo is Live Enabled, TSL is NOT Live enabled therefore you can NOT patch TSL on Xbox.

And regardless, MS doesn't allow bug fix patches as such, period. Ever. They allow downloadable content. So even if TSL were a Live game, which it isn't, MS would not allow a bug-fix patch.

;) Just so you you know, you can patch xbox stupids.  I just downloaded version 1.1 for halo 2 on xbox last week.  Also, 4 new maps just came out.  This was just to say that XBL can be used to get patches.

And regardless, MS doesn't allow bug fix patches as such, period. Ever. They allow downloadable content. So even if TSL were a Live game, which it isn't, MS would not allow a bug-fix patch.

All very true but IF TSL was Live enabled then they could have included the patch with DLC and MS wouldn't care.... I think :blink: . But really this is a rather mute point since TSL IS NOT!!! live enabled. <_<

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Was it too much effort to take the half hour of development time to add Xbox Live Aware in the game?

It more than likely wouldn't have taken that long since the coding was already there in the engine for DLC support but it was taken out, now the question becomes why was it taken out... Did LA order it taken out? or Did OE decide that they wouldn't have enough time to make a patch/DLC pack for the Xbox?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Did LA order it taken out? or Did OE decide that they wouldn't have enough time to make a patch/DLC pack for the Xbox?

It was likely a time issue (which is really a money issue-how much money LA is willing to pay obsidian determines the length of the project). As I understand it Obsidian had grand plans to add as many as 5 planets via XBox Live.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.