Exile's Force Bond

All throughout the game we repeatedly hear of the Force bond that builds between Kreia and the Exile. We learn that if Kreia or the Exile is wounded, maimed, or even dies, that same pain is inflicted on the other. So, why doesn't the Exile

die when Kreia dies as Darth Traya

? Here's my theory.

We know that Kreia

sought the death of the Force

, which she could have done. Do you suppose that maybe the Force forgave the Exile and wiped away his bond with her when she died, his redemption for saving the Force? Just a thought I had.

-Ben

All throughout the game we repeatedly hear of the Force bond that builds between Kreia and the Exile.  We learn that if Kreia or the Exile is wounded, maimed, or even dies, that same pain is inflicted on the other.  So, why doesn't the Exile

die when Kreia dies as Darth Traya

?  Here's my theory.

We know that Kreia

sought the death of the force

, which she could have done.  Do you suppose that maybe the Force forgave the Exile and wiped away his bond with her when she died, his redemption for saving the Force?  Just a thought I had.

-Ben

I would like to agree with you for my own pet philosophical angle on the whole Kreia-is-the-Prophet-who-understands-the-true-malevolent-nature-of-The-Force, but alas I think it is far more probable that it is just a loose end that was never cleaned up in the rush to throw the game out the door. :p"

So, yes, I think the Force is working towards some aspiration is has, a secret agenda known only to it, and manipulates those Force Sensitives and others proportionally according to their innate Force Sensitivity. And this proves that Kreia is actually the harbinger of the next great galactic struggle: the battle between the disciples of Kreia, the Counter-Force Forcce, and the pawns of the Force, the Force Sensitives. :cool:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think that if you dig through the game's sound files, you'll find that Master Vash had a bigger role the play than in the normal game (a corpse). She was supposed to explain that if one person in the bond fell to the dark side, the bond would be broken. It still doesn't really explain anything if both the Exile and Kriea are darkside, though.

I think that if you dig through the game's sound files, you'll find that Master Vash had a bigger role the play than in the normal game (a corpse). She was supposed to explain that if one person in the bond fell to the dark side, the bond would be broken. It still doesn't really explain anything if both the Exile and Kriea are darkside, though.

Sounds awfully conveniently contrived Deus ex Machina to me. :rolleyes:

PS Is that a Jedi Kamino? I always wanted to play one of those.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It also doesn't explain Kreia's threat that if you don't come to Malachor V that she'll suicide herself, thereby killing you. At the time that she says this, she is already dark.

It also doesn't explain Kreia's threat that if you don't come to Malachor V that she'll suicide herself, thereby killing you. At the time that she says this, she is already dark.

I wish that Obsidian had had two years to develop this thing...and not just one. :p

I also would have expected that when you battled with Kreia, If you would hurt her you would hurt yourself as well. That you had to cut yourself of from the force (again) to defeat her and to stay alive. Now, that would be a tough battle!

But really, nothing happens in the end. Maybe after you battled her your connection to the force is severely weakened, as I would expect.

Master Vandar lives!

I also would have expected that when you battled with Kreia, If you would hurt her you would hurt yourself as well. That you had to cut yourself of from the force (again) to defeat her and to stay alive. Now, that would be a tough battle!

I don't think I could have defeated the lightsabers without my master speed. That's a great idea you have Hawk, too bad they didn't use that in the game... :p

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I've always felt that Kreia was a master of force bonds... Sion mentions that he and she were bonded at one points... The way she speaks about manipulation... And the way your are suddenly bonded to her leads me to believe she once had a bond with Revan, and Nihilus.

I've always felt that Kreia was a master of force bonds... Sion mentions that he and she were bonded at one points... The way she speaks about manipulation...  And the way your are suddenly bonded to her leads me to believe she once had a bond with Revan, and Nihilus.

Nihilus? Do you mean Sion?

If I am wrong in my assumption, please enlighten me because I must be missing something :blink:

- Dan

But really, nothing happens in the end. Maybe after you battled her your connection to the force is severely weakened, as I would expect.

Or, she could just be lying to you outright (that would fit her character). Other characters don't mention lethal force bonds, iirc.

"Or, she could just be lying to you outright (that would fit her character). Other characters don't mention lethal force bonds, iirc."

Yes, every other character that knew something about force bonds mentioned that they had never encountered such a strong bond before.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

It is also possible that she cut off the force bond that you shared with her, since she didn't really want you to die. She wouldn't be reqarded very well by having you kill her if you dropped dead about 10 seconds after she did...

originally u are suposed to fight Atris at the end if u got a lot of influence with Kreia (DS or LS) and Kreia if u don't have influence and in this case only one of you both wil be DS.

I don't think I could have defeated the lightsabers without my master speed. That's a great idea you have Hawk, too bad they didn't use that in the game... :rolleyes:

Hyper adrenal alacrity, Verprine Prototype shield, Jal Shay Mentor Belt, Force Mask and off course a good armor are in that case good items. Maybe I just try to do this next time, I think it will work

Master Vandar lives!

actually, my reasoning behind this is that in game she explains to you that during battle the exile's and kreia's mind are prepared to shield eachother from the pain and that only if caught unawares that they will get hurt. so since they were fighting they were shielding each other from the pain.