If The Game Is Done?

They have to do all the music and localisation as well as fixing bugs and stuff.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

They have to compose and record music for the entire game which will probably take a long time, also I'm guesssing there will be a lot of bugs to fix. So they will have to do this and then bug test again to check they have fully corrected the problems and then thay have to translate everything into different languages so I think 4 months is a resonable amount of time.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Testing software and fixing the problems that are found, the effort and skill for this required is frequently underestimated.

Just think that every time a (major) bug is found and fix, a whole bunch of tests has to be run again to insure that the fix did not cause any new bugs.

As was already said, they need to polish the game and add all the sound. I'm sure that they've got the game itself done, but the game itself is only a small piece of what needs to be done, beleive it or not. Then they have to shackle the play testers to the floor and have them play through everything, which could take a few days. Then when they fix any errors that were found, they need to go over what they fixed in detail to make sure they didn't just create an error breeding ground.

I think Fable was supposed to have been released, like, 2 years ago?

:D yeah and it still hasnt appeared

It's pretty much confirmed now, this date is not a developer speculation. Sep 14th or 15th(not sure which one) for Fable. I'm eager to actually enjoy a video game. lol. It's been a while..

Ambrosia3.gif

I think Fable was supposed to have been released, like, 2 years ago?

:D yeah and it still hasnt appeared

It's pretty much confirmed now, this date is not a developer speculation. Sep 14th or 15th(not sure which one) for Fable. I'm eager to actually enjoy a video game. lol. It's been a while..

2tru :unsure: i havnt really enjoyed any of the games ive played recently, not since KotOR.....hmmm memories B)

Theres so many games out there to enjoy till KOTOR2. NCAA Football 2005, Samurai Warriors, Chroicles of Riddick, Madden, Morrowind, Halo2 and if I get bored with XBOX time to move on to my favorite system GBA SP. I don't even have all those games but I know I could rent them if I get bored and have spare change I could rent them. Probaly won't need to anyway as its football season and that means not only do I have to go to practice but school starts up soon.

I need to pick up a copy of NCAA Football, but if I do, I won't get any work done on Fanout! I'm curious how Nebraska's new West Coast offense is represented in that game, especially considering there really wasn't a depth chart released for Nebraska when that game was being made.

• 4 weeks later...

First off, there is more than just tweaking to do. There is the fixing of bugs, the polishing of the areas, the finishing of character clothes and models to say the least.

Secondly, r we not going a little bit off topic talking about this fable2. i hav never heard of it, (shouts of WHAT), and ncaa football, aswell as this samurai stuff.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

Mucka is correct about the music, the recording for it is completed as per Mike Gallo at the LucasArts Forums.

In addition to standard tweaking, they also have a wide variety of compatability tests to run, to ensure that the PC version will work as smoothly as possible for the widest variety of rigs possible. 4 months is not long at all for testing like that.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

If Kotor2 is done, then what is stoping it from releasing, and yes i know they have 2 tweak some stuff, but does that take 4 months?

Advertsing my good man and if it releases around christmas than moms will pick it up just because it's a new release.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf