Gothic 3 first info and screenshots!

Claws

Ya they were :p

Caused by a traffic exceed the files at image shack aren't longer available.

But the dutch Gothic 3 fanpage www.gothic3.nl has taken this images in its screenshot area.

(And at this occation I must suggest, it's not really legal, to make scans of this magazine article.)

;)

Or do you meen the preview scans :huh:

First screenshot of the guy coming down the hill looks awesome.

R00fles! ther eis no magic; but there are 3 types of magic and no raising skeles always for necros. WTF? Either there is magic or ther eis none. Chhose, for golly sakes.

One of those 6 races better be dwarves! Bah.

Hopefully, it'll be better than Gothic 3... I saw enough good things in Gothic 2 that unlike the ES series; I'm willing to give Gothic 3 a chance to Prove. Me. Wrong.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

First screenshot of the guy coming down the hill looks awesome.

R00fles! ther eis no magic; but there are 3 types of magic and no raising skeles always for necros. WTF? Either there is magic or ther eis none. Chhose, for golly sakes.

R00fles indid.

Gothic 2 explained, there 3 types of magic ... "fire" magic, "water" magic and "dark" magic.

One of those 6 races better be dwarves! Bah.

Dont remenber dwarves being mentioned in Gothic ... of course after Orc and Dragons ...

Bet we will see elves.

Hopefully, it'll be better than Gothic 3... I saw enough good things in Gothic 2 that unlike the ES series; I'm willing to give Gothic 3 a chance to Prove. Me. Wrong.

I am curious about Gothic 3 as well, not much because I dont want to get my hopes up but I like to see how the chosen thing plays out ...

drakron.png

R00fles! ther eis no magic; but there are 3 types of magic and no raising skeles always for necros. WTF? Either there is magic or ther eis none.

That translation is somewhat misleading. It should be: "In the beginning of the game you find out that Magic has mysteriously disappeared from the world, though you can reacquire it later on through quests." Anyway, here's my own translation of the whole feature summary:

• The world is about 3 times larger than in Gothic 2
  • Riding animals could possibly be included
  • There are desert, forest and snow terrain types
  • You will encounter location specific monsters based on climate and terrain type
  • Animals have their own daily cycle, they actively search for prey and hunt in packs
  • When you kill Orcs around a besieged town, the townsfolk may start a rebellion (i.e. support you)
  • There are 20 towns
  • The Hero's actions will affect his reputation
  • Even more freedom of choice
  • There will be no more Chapters
  • The plot offers multiple paths to victory and possibly multiple endings
  • You can meet some old friends (from the previous games) who will have an agenda of their own
  • You can hire Mercenaries to fight for you
  • You can trade with just about anyone
  • There are 6 ruling races (factions?) spread around the continent
  • One chooses a Faction much later in the game
  • There are 6 jobs classes like Smith or Gladiator
  • You can participate in Gladiator fights
  • Shields are in
  • Magic staffs/wands are in
  • The UI is much more intuitive (mouse based) and the controls are fully customizable
  • The world is not build from tiles and blocks. Each location is uniquely designed.
  • Ragdoll effects are in
  • Real time lighting effects are in
  • The Orcs have won the war, enslaved the population and now control the majority of the continent
  • The Orcs are no longer simple monsters. They are an intelligent race with their own culture and goals
  • The magic has mysteriously 'disappeared' from the world (but only in the beginning of the game, you can reacquire it later on)
  • You start the game as an experienced warrior
  • There are 3 Magic schools
  • Summoning powerful creatures (i.e. Demons) is now only possible in certain places
  • No multiplayer mode

Hi-quality screenshot scans:

http://xardas.sohosted.com/screenshots.html

Gothic was a decent game,not in my top 10 but I finished and enjoyed it :thumbsup:

Gothic 2 on the other hand was IMO even more boring than MW :)

Reached chapter 3 and couldn't take it anymore:bad story,bad controls(better than the first)=boring game :(

Gothic 3 sounds good but then again TES IV sound even better :devil:" ^_^

For an RPG storyline and gameplay come first :shifty:

Gothic 1 had very good graphics ;)

Gothic 2 had mediocre graphics and poor performance :lol:

Graphics in an RPG don't meen as much as for a FPS :)

If graphics were important I would de playing The Fall instead of Fallout :lol::blink:

;) No today's RPGs should have great gameplay and stories :lol:

As for graphics they could use IE ,that's how much I care(tho I still love IE graphics more than 3D ones :blink: ) :shifty:

As for TF I got the German version from a friend but as my German is horrible,I'm still waiting for the English(hopefully improved) version :lol:

;) No today's RPGs should have great gameplay and stories :lol:

Duh.

As for graphics they could use IE ,that's how much I care(tho I still love IE graphics more than 3D ones :blink: ) :shifty:

Ha, good to know you're just kidding....hehe, just imagine Gothic 3 with the IE! LOL. (w00t)

As for TF I got the German version from a friend but as my German is horrible,I'm still waiting for the English(hopefully improved) version :lol:

Ohh yeah, congratulation for getting of one of the suckiest games ever made twice!

Gothic 3 would look awesome on the IE engine if they changed this:

-Change Hero's name to Nameless One

-Add party elements

-Flying skull

-Writer:MCA

-Piranha Bytes should be replaced by Obsidian

-The title would have the following words in the title: Planescape & 2

Now that would be an awesome G3 :blink::shifty:

Ohh yeah, congratulation for getting of one of the suckiest games ever made twice!

Might be bad but nothing can match POR2 as the suckiest game ever,nothing :lol:"

As for TF,hope dies last :lol:

If the game is going to be anything like GOthic 2 I will passing it by.  Man, I hated that game.

I hear ya brotha!

Note that it doesnt say anything about the story, which means it'll probably be just another generic "The big nasty evil is loose again, kill it. kthnxbye!" BOOOOOOORING!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Oblivion or Gothic 3 ?

:rolleyes:

Fyck it, I'll buy both. :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

R00fles! ther eis no magic; but there are 3 types of magic and no raising skeles always for necros. WTF? Either there is magic or ther eis none.

That translation is somewhat misleading. It should be: "In the beginning of the game you find out that Magic has mysteriously disappeared from the world, though you can reacquire it later on through quests." Anyway, here's my own translation of the whole feature summary:

• The world is about 3 times larger than in Gothic 2

• Riding animals could possibly be included

• There are desert, forest and snow terrain types

• You will encounter location specific monsters based on climate and terrain type

• Animals have their own daily cycle, they actively search for prey and hunt in packs

• When you kill Orcs around a besieged town, the townsfolk may start a rebellion (i.e. support you)

• There are 20 towns

• The Hero's actions will affect his reputation

• Even more freedom of choice

• There will be no more Chapters

• The plot offers multiple paths to victory and possibly multiple endings

• You can meet some old friends (from the previous games) who will have an agenda of their own

• You can hire Mercenaries to fight for you

• You can trade with just about anyone

• There are 6 ruling races (factions?) spread around the continent

• One chooses a Faction much later in the game

• There are 6 jobs classes like Smith or Gladiator

• You can participate in Gladiator fights

• Shields are in

• Magic staffs/wands are in

• The UI is much more intuitive (mouse based) and the controls are fully customizable

• The world is not build from tiles and blocks. Each location is uniquely designed.

• Ragdoll effects are in

• Real time lighting effects are in

• The Orcs have won the war, enslaved the population and now control the majority of the continent

• The Orcs are no longer simple monsters. They are an intelligent race with their own culture and goals

• The magic has mysteriously 'disappeared' from the world (but only in the beginning of the game, you can reacquire it later on)

• You start the game as an experienced warrior

• There are 3 Magic schools

• Summoning powerful creatures (i.e. Demons) is now only possible in certain places

• No multiplayer mode

Hi-quality screenshot scans:

http://xardas.sohosted.com/screenshots.html

If I didn't know better, it sounds more or less like Fable for XBox. Influenced by that game, perhaps?

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

The Gothic series is more along the Morrowind line

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "