Weapons and Armor

This may be considered off-topic, I figure most people who played Kotor ended up here so that's why I'm asking.

I'm playing Kotor for old times sake, and I was wondering about the high end weapons and armor I can buy in stores.

I'd just like to know if anyone ever tallied all the best stuff to buy in Kotor.

For example: a rodian merchant on Korriban sells a weapon called Kassus Fett's heavy pistol, a very good weapon for Carth, a rodian merchant at Yavin sells a very decent heavy rifle for Canderous, a very welcome change from Ordo's heavy blaster, along with some nifty light armor for Mission and a good heavy armor called the heavy exoskeleton. A rodian merchant on Dantoine sells Kassus Fett's heavy armor, a twi'lek merchant on Datoine sells Jurgan Kalta's assault rifle, ideal for HK-47, a welcome change from Chuundar's bowcaster.

And all of that dosen't cover everything, these weapons may not even be the best or the only ones out there, that's why I'd like the real deal on this.

I give carth 2 mandalorian heavy pistols,and daviks armour (later,when canderrous get heavy assault mandalorian armour,I give carth Calo Norths armour),using canderrous for melee purpose,and giving his heavy repeater to hk-47. Mission Vao gets Eachani fiber armour (maybe something better in later game,dont remember,havent used her for ages) .... jedis use robes....

Nope, usually save my cash for my PC, as he can beat everybody himself anyway....

That means: Yavin: Light Electroskeletar (or whatever) Armor, the 2 Lightsaber crystals there

Korriban: If there is a good +5 (con, str, dex...) item I get these too...

That's strange, the rodian had no lightsaber crystals for sale, he did have a baragwin weapons for HK, Canderous and Zaalbar, along with the heavy and light exoskeletons, he's also got a nifty bracer, +5 dex, +5 bolt deflectoon I think.

Nope, usually save my cash for my PC, as he can beat everybody himself anyway....

That means: Yavin: Light Electroskeletar (or whatever) Armor, the 2 Lightsaber crystals there

That's strange, the rodian had no lightsaber crystals for sale, he did have a baragwin weapons for HK, Canderous and Zaalbar, along with the heavy and light exoskeletons, he's also got a nifty bracer, +5 dex, +5 bolt deflectoon I think.

You have to visit him three times. The final time should be after the Leviathan.

That explains it :( , I don't think I went there after Dantoine or Kashyk. Only one star map to go now, and if I remember correctly, I probably won't be able to return to Yavin before the game takes me directly to the starforge.

That explains it  :rolleyes: , I don't think I went there after Dantoine or Kashyk.  Only one star map to go now, and if I remember correctly, I probably won't be able to return to Yavin before the game takes me directly to the starforge.

The Lightsaber Crystals will be there after a big "Thermal Detonator" Fight with a bunch of Trandoshans

You have to visit him three times. The final time should be after the Leviathan.

you have to visit him 3 or 4 times (visit him after each start map for sure results),and then visit him right before going to Unknow planet (where starforge is),there you get a fight with bunch of badass trandosians,each of them will have 1000 credits and few termal detonators,so make sure to loot em after you dealed with them. Then talk to that rodian dude,and he offer you some of his very special items,2 light sabre crystals will be amongst them,but they are not cheap ( 19000 and 23xxx credits,if you persuade him to cut you a deal). Proably you cna get it all for free,if you manage persuade him.

Also, have a look at Suvam's Baragwin Assault Blades. Fully upgraded they do more damage than lightsabres, and you can still use Force Jump if you use a lightsabre in the off-hand (which gets only one attack per round anyway).

My last character used a Baragwin in the main hand (17-47 dmg equipped) and a lightsabre in the off-hand; during the finale she cut down Malak in two combat rounds most of the time and rarely took any damage.

P.S.: Suvam's is only in the PC version but there are some other decent vibros in the game. I think Sawasiki's Blade (Dantooine) was pretty good, and there also was a good vibro that I got from some Wookiee or other. Sorry, but it's been a year or so ... :D

I gave it to Zaalbar, but you make a good point, it is one badass blade, even better then Baka's blade.

About what I mentionned before, forget Jurgan Kalta's assault rifle for HK, Suvam's Baragwin weapon X is better, and it looks cooler, the only thing you really need from Dantoine is Kassus Fett's heavy armor.