89 members have voted

1. 1. Who should make KOTOR3?

• Bioware
    • Obsidian
    • Lucasarts in-house
    • Square Enix
    • Some other company
    • There will be no KOTOR3

I say Bioware. Obsidian screwed totally with the sequel - TSL is the most bugged game in gaming history... and I had so good opinion about them few months ago.

Add to this Feargus' lies about cut and unfinished storyline.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Hmmmmmm. How many more of these topics are we going to get before the game is announced?

Any way i will stick to what i have said in those previous threads. I think both Bioware and Obsidian should make it together.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I say Bioware. Obsidian screwed totally with the sequel - TSL is the most bugged game in gaming history...

It's not even the most bugged game in the last year... In history, then your talking rubbish. Or you just dont know very much about games.

I'd like to see what a Sqenix SW game would come out like. I was talking to my wifes brother about it quite recently. It's one of those not likely to happen things but who knows.

Lets see.

If KOTOR I is Biowares best storytelling effort, really not interested. I might re-evaluate that post Jade Empire. But I've never felt compelled to play KOTOR again.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Some other company. And not because Obsidian "really screwed it up" or anything like that.

But quite the contrary. I'd like to see what Obsidian is REALLY capable of with an original story using original characters and an original setting of their own design.

I'm actually in the process of playing both Fallout and Planescape:Torment now and those games rope you in immediately. So based on that, and the potential that K2 had with all the cut ending stuff, I'd really like to see OE branch out and do their own thing so that I can fairly judge their work.

Leave K3 for someone else. That game is destined to disappoint. I mean, with all the loose ends now in the KOTOR universe, how can any game company satisfy all the fans now??? :(

I say Bioware. Obsidian screwed totally with the sequel - TSL is the most bugged game in gaming history... and I had so good opinion about them few months ago.

Add to this Feargus' lies about cut and unfinished storyline.

Didn't you dislike Bioware's work too, especially about how they "ruined" the Bastila character? :lol:" :devil:

I vote for either Bioware or Obsidian, as long as whichever gets it, gets ample time to develop it to completeness.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Didn't you dislike Bioware's work too, especially about how they "ruined" the Bastila character? 

Ruining Bastila was bad, ruining entire game with countless bugs and cut storyline is worse my dear Sherlock! :lol:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Well it wasnt me, I havnt voted yet. Only reason I didnt vote for them is because I didnt see it as likely. Then again I didnt see Squenix and Disney as likely either and we all know what happened there. :lol:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'm not really fond of JRPGs...so definitely not me.

Really ? I would have thought that someone who likes romance and story would be all over them.

Or is it the having to play a bloke thing?

478327[/snapback]

*grins* OK, I guess whoever picked Square-Enix won't fess up...... :shifty:

Maybe they just havnt checked back yet. Squenix make fantastic games, so it's not like they have anything to be ashamed of anyway.

478327[/snapback]

I'm not really fond of JRPGs...so definitely not me.

Really ? I would have thought that someone who likes romance and story would be all over them.

Or is it the having to play a bloke thing?

Not at all...

The stories I actually enjoy. But I don't like the format of JRPGs - after playing western RPGs for so long, and being a big aficiando of the D20 system, the system of levelling up, the pointless enemies that accost you every 5 seconds, the linearality (is that a word?! - the way that you don't have many options as to where to go, and the story is more like an adventure game, not an RPG) and the ridiculous bosses you face - I just can't get used to it at all.

I do enjoy some of the stories/romances that are presented, and I have absolutely no problems playing a male character whatsoever - but I do love the D20 format.

Bethesda Softworks, they did an incredible job with Morrowind, and they're bold enough to make Fallout 3, thank you, thank you, thank you !!!

Otherwise, Obsidian should get it since they did Kotor 2, Bioware let go of the franchise. Just give the Obsidian people enough time, they did a good job on Kotor2, I'm sure they can do great on Kotor3.