• red
    • yellow
    • violet
    • bronze
    • silver
    • blue
    • orange
    • green

Jacksin wanted the violet lightsaber so it would stand out. Like in the battle on Geonosis. This purple blade admist all that chaos is a sharp contrast to the others. Mace was likely a Guardian.

That said, Cyan, followed by Viridian. Managed to get a Cyan crystal from Jorran along with the final part, so I had it from the start. I liked Guardians in part 1, but with all classes getting the same BAB, and not being able to use Force Jump for ages really hurts them. Only real advantage left is a few more feats.

Well I didn't find the silver crystal. o:) I heard it was cool, but I didn't get it, unfortunately. When I only got all the parts needed to construct a lightsaber I used green crystal, then I found viridian and it has been my favourite. o:) I also played red for some time, but before Malachor I changed it back to viridian.

I used silver all the game, but it's a pitty that there were no crystals as cyan and orange in first KotOR (I mean that they gave you not only the color).

When playing LS, I just go with what color goes for what class: Visas, Atton and Mira get yellow, the handmaiden and Bao-dur get blue, Kreia gets green, and the exile gets silver if I can get it, otherwise it's green.

When playing DS, I strive to give everyone red, and give the silver crystal to Kreia because it works with her alignement.

Atton and Mira aren't jedi's, how you can give them lightsabers than?

And what do you mean by saing that silver crystal works with Kreia's allingment?

Is Violet a LS Color, DS color, or a neutral color (can be used by any allignment)? I ask this because the only chronicaled Jedi to use a Violet lightsaber was ofcourse the biggest of all bad-asses Mace Windu. On the other hand, during KOTOR 1 in the cutscene that shows Bastilla strike down Darth Revan there is a Jedi with her using a Violet saber, and later on the Star Forge a Jedi comes up to you (she looks Asian) and talks to you, she has a Violet saber too. Some of the Sith that ambush you on various worlds Tatooine, Kashyyyk, etc cary Violet, but only like one or two, most use Red. Anyway, there is more evidence showing LS use rather than DS use. I guess it is neutral leaning to LS, but what do you think.

As was said in the first chapter of KotOR you can take any color you want (when you were getting a lightsaber), so Violet and any other color cannot be LS, NS or DS. But if you like to divide colors, then violet is the exotic color (at least in KotOR1), because it costed a little more than others.

Well McRell@, I won't hand you any spoilers, but it might be possible to train some of your allies as jedi, in which case they're gonna need a lightsaber.

The silver crystal works with Kreia's alignement simply because of it's color, which is the closest to Kreia's completely neutral stance.

My eyes have don't really see much difference between bronze and orange in this game...

And you can buy at least one silver cystal from one of the shops..I can't remember which one, I'm sure the other threads mention it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, just to post on a seemingly dead thread, I believe that Mace Windu's saber is purple because he is a senior council member and they get all sorts of cool props. Like the hilt to Mace's saber is all hold and razzle-dazzle-like. Maybe there is some more reason behind it, but I have yet to pickup that book. And yes Sam Jackson did want purple/violet, but I mean a reason to fit the universe, not an actors wants.

Besides the typical blue, green, red and the new Mace purple....are there any other colors that the movies recognize? I keep looking for yellow, but haven't seen any. Are these "new" colors (yellow, orange, light blue) restricted to the games? Are any of them acknowledged in EU and if so, who uses them?

Well all the events and characters of the original Star Wars: KOTOR have been added to the official Star Wars Database, and Bastilla Shan used a yellow Lightsaber, along with any and all Jedi Sentinals (save me and Revan, since I used Violet or Blue).

Back to the Violet thing, I noticed a couple more people usin' 'em: Random Jedi in cutscenes in KOTOR 1, and a girl on the cover of a Star Wars book, and those are all approved by Lucas, so I am thinking that Violet is more a LS color than DS, even though some Dark Jedi use them in the game.