What music are you listening to right now?

draakh_kimera

Last Train, by Travis

It really blows all other angry songs out of the water. Compared to a guy singing about shooting everyone and then coming for the person in particular he hates in a low whisper over an accoustic guitar, most of this nu metal emo stuff sounds pretty cheery by comparison. Cuz when you sing about killing people, doing it in a really calm voice makes it sound a whole lot more like you're really farking pissed off than electric guitars and screaming ever could. :cool:

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Man of Steel - Frank Black

Oh man, that song is sooooo good. The outro.... "is there a place? there is a place."

That was actually the first Frank Black/Pixies song I ever heard! It gave me chills first time I heard it, which was late night in headphones on a CD of tunes from (and inspired by) the X-files compilation. I got that album for the Nick Cave song "Red Right Hand," when I was probably about a sophomore in high school.

Speaking of Nick Cave, his latest album is absolutely fantastic. It's that famous voice doing raw rock and roll with a full gospel choir backing him up. The song "There She Goes, My Beautiful World" will blow your mind. Get it now if you have any interest at all in real rock and roll with brimstone poetry courtesy of my favorite Aussie.

I know what you mean. The first time I heard this song it gave me the chills too. It is really one of the most outstanding songs in my opinion. Though in reality I think all of Franks songs are great. And I will have to look into this Nick Cave gentleman.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The Cure - Bloodflowers

Not one of their best, but it's currently the one I'm listening to. Not bad.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Goblin - Sighs (from Suspiria soundtrack) its scary!!!

SUSPIRIA%209.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

P.S. What's worse is my tone deaf housemate insists on singing along...

*shudder*

There is a girl at work who consistantly plays the BEP in her walkman and sings along, aloud. At first I thought someone had run over a cat, but it turns out to be her. She has no shame, or talent.

Irreguardless, today I listened to 'take me out' from Franz Ferdinand (stoopid psp commercial) and my Death to the Pixies album.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Wagner - Das Rheingold, scene 2

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Good tunes to "get into" Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds:

Red Right Hand

As I Sat Sadly By Her Side

15 Feet of Pure White Snow

I Let Love In

The Ship Song

Cannibal's Hymn

There She Goes, My Beautiful World

If you listen to any of those and like them, get Let Love In or his best of CD. Some of his earlier stuff isn't so, well, accessible.

Right now, I'm listening to Cracker - Big Dipper

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Yes, a young man in Gothenburg bears the sole blame. it started out as a flash that was just a picture of a car and the same soundfile but unpitched. I never saw the point of it. Regarding the nightmare that is Crazy Frog:

I think he should be killed. seriously. In fact, he MUST be killed. We cant just stand by idly watching while such things are allowed to spread.

I prefer their newer, artsier albums. Amnesiac is my fav. britpop was never my thing.

I used to know his name and there was a site with his picture. Im sure I could dig it up again, should you choose to accept this mission.

Wagner - Ring of the nibelungen part 2: The Valkyrie

Your target is:

_40767813_daniel_203.jpg

Daniel Malmedahl, 24, Gothenburg.

Further information cannot be obtained at the moment since he is no longer listed in the phone book.

happy hunting.

Early Radiohead si teh suXXorz. *puts on hail to the thief*

Don't worry, I'll easily identify him by the ringtone on his phone... :thumbsup:

*fires some warning shots in the air for fun*

DL

P.S. Speak no ill of early Radiohead, as it is their best :( (listening to the acoustic version of 'Creep')

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]