The Kreia Poll

What do you think of Kreia after playing the game?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Kreia after playing the game?

• One of the best Star Wars characters ever created
    • THE best Star Wars character ever created
    • She's a two-faced, manipulative *****!
    • I wish the cut ending aspects with her weren't cut :(
    • Stupid party members! She's a SITH LORD!!!
    • What happened to her eyes?
    • Advise me all she wants, I'm still charging up Visas' entry ramp....
    • Elderly instructors like her turn me on....aged with experience
    • That's "Darth Traya" to YOU Jedi!
    • Ewwww.........

Because I wasn't given a bunch of hints about a history that I eventually found out didn't exist, and the choices I had were not really based on that non-existing history. Then, when the visions came etc., I started suspecting things of course, but so did my character (though of course nowhere near as strongly as I personally did. I mean, would you have if you were in that position?).

What history would that be?

Some planets are more revealing than others Kreshyyyk is like a big neon sign. For a while I thought I might have been a clone because the idea of being mind wiped just seemed lame. :(

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Bao-Dur, for example, called me general and introduced himself. I was given a limited array of choices (for both. I mean, ask why he called me general? Is the exile stupid or suffering from amnesia?). Either "who? or "yeah, I think I remember you" (which is obviously a lie, because I don't remember him, yet my character seems to). I thought it'd go further than that, especially after the hints about Malachor, but it didn't. I went along with it and hoped to God that I'd eventually be given the full story.

As for Revan, put yourself in his/her shoes. You're told that Revan is dead in no uncertain terms. You have a personality and memories already (you were given new ones by the council). You have an odd link with a jedi who can give an, if not good, then at least reasonable explanation to the visions. Would you have thought "oh I'm probably Revan"? As a player, you might, because you know it's a game and you don't have the personality and memories, but as a character? I doubt it.

Bao-Dur, for example, called me general and introduced himself. I was given a limited array of choices (for both. I mean, ask why he called me general? Is the exile stupid or suffering from amnesia?). Either "who? or "yeah, I think I remember you" (which is obviously a lie, because I don't remember him, yet my character seems to). I thought it'd go further than that, especially after the hints about Malachor, but it didn't. I went along with it and hoped to God that I'd eventually be given the full story.

As for Revan, put yourself in his/her shoes. You're told that Revan is dead in no uncertain terms. You have a personality and memories already (you were given new ones by the council). You have an odd link with a jedi who can give an, if not good, then at least reasonable explanation to the visions. Would you have thought "oh I'm probably Revan"? As a player, you might, because you know it's a game and you don't have the personality and memories, but as a character? I doubt it.

Your no longer a general but he dosnt know the events that have happened in the interim. So I saw it more of being taken by suprise than being stupid. Kind of like someone stops you in the street and talks to you, and your not sure if they know you and you just cant place them, or they are a crackpot. :thumbsup:

Yes but there are lots of clues in game which lead you to doubt that. Depending on the order of the planets like I said but the one on Keshyyyk is blindingly obvious.

There are only two outcomes. One your a clone. Two your the same guy who accessed the computer previously. The clone theory dosnt really work in the timeline so the there is only one result left. Thats all in character evidence nothing to do with knowing anything in advance.(Actually didnt even have a manual when I rented the game and knew nothing at all about it).

Thats not bad in itself though what is bad is that you have no choice but to act dumb until the game deceides otherwise. If you have played NwN and are familiar with the letter quest you will know exactly what I mean.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The character itself was good but it was kinda annoying not being able to act on the obvious (that she was evil, or at least not Jedi-like).

I suppose having those cutscenes of her scheming may not have been the best idea.

btw, aren't your poll options overlap a bit - I wanted to vote a good character and Visas' ....

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

She's annoying, and she talks too much. And it was a bit too obvious, already from the start, that she he had her own agenda, and would likely betray you sooner or later.

If I could, I would have left her on Peragus...

There should be several points where you can ditch/murder your companions that you don't like... say you tell them to kill somebody in cold blood, they refuse, and you slit their throats... Sort of like in Kotor I...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

There should be several points where you can ditch/murder your companions that you don't like... say you tell them to kill somebody in cold blood, they refuse, and you slit their throats... Sort of like in Kotor I...

You can only do it in KOTOR when they are no longer relevent to the story. Since you will either have two Jedi and yourself or Bastila and yourself, anyone else becomes irrelevent at that point. As does what happens to them.

478327[/snapback]

I knew early on I couldn't trust that b****. Most RPG's I play evil characters, slaughtering all those do-gooders--i.e. Paladins. But here, I just dont do it. I dont know why, but I play as Light Sided.

Oh, and you forgot an option: Obsidian, why couldn't she have worn the Dancer's Outfit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would make the poll interesting, instead of another character investigation...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Oh, and you forgot an option: Obsidian, why couldn't she have worn the Dancer's Outfit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would make the poll interesting, instead of another character investigation...

Wasnt there a line something like "I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a lightsaber"?

Wasnt there a line something like "I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a lightsaber"?

Someone reacted rather strongly against the idea when i suggested it, but can't remember if it was Kreia herself, the pimp guy or Atton... :s

Well, I loved Visas point-blank 'No'.

And to keep this thread OT, I think Kreia was cool. At first she was kinda like Bastila, just really preachy, but then (specially after her movie) I was like damn, that makes sense.

Also, just before you go to see re-united Jedi in Dantooine, you see the animation of her sitting down by the fountain, and I dunno if it's what the dev intended but she looked so fragile, so old, like there was something very heavy on her shoulders. I felt kinda sorry for her.

I think that was one of the responses to Mira's insinuations of you & Atton/Disciple/whoever "hooking up power couplings." :p