Female romance discussion

I never got his name, but after I got enough influence to turn him into a Jedi I was purposly mean to him and lost all the influence again, hehe.

I didn't want him to like me too much in case it spoiled my chances with Atton :thumbsup: Plus, I didn't like him, lol.

Does anyone know what his name is?? I heard Handmaiden's is Breanna.

I never got his name, but after I got enough influence to turn him into a Jedi I was purposly mean to him and lost all the influence again, hehe.

I didn't want him to like me too much in case it spoiled my chances with Atton :thumbsup:  Plus, I didn't like him, lol.

Does anyone know what his name is??  I heard Handmaiden's is Breanna.

witchzenka said it 3 or 4 posts before.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Has anyone ever looked at the tester credits? There are 2 women in about 15 names.

I've "beta-tested" for the modding community and was able to give loads of input, creative and otherwise - I'm left wondering where/if pro writer's get input on their writing. I've admitedly never tested, professionally, so what does beta-testing mean to a Co. like Obsidian or BioWare?

It's easy to say that more "female CRPG writers" are needed, but I'm not convinced the industry agrees.

To address the original topic - these games are written for boys. You might not complain, but I will. :D (But I didn't really miss the romance in this one. IMHO there was only one RPG that did actual romances - BG2.)

How's this for loosing a teen rating: the only romance option possible for Kotor3 is for a DS Female Revan and the Jedi/Sith that went to look for her. :ermm:"

Okay, I finished the game as a female LS character, and I never ONCE got any of those bickering cut scenes between Atton and Disciple. Did I miss something? Am I supposed to do something to trigger those? Cause I'd really like to see that...

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Okay, I finished the game as a female LS character, and I never ONCE got any of those bickering cut scenes between Atton and Disciple. Did I miss something? Am I supposed to do something to trigger those? Cause I'd really like to see that...

You have to have more influence with Disciple than Atton to trigger those cut scenes. When I played through for the third time, and had more influence with Atton, I never saw them either.

You have to have more influence with Disciple than Atton to trigger those cut scenes. When I played through for the third time, and had more influence with Atton, I never saw them either.

Ahhhh... well, that would explain it then... but... but... I don't want to have more influence over Disciple! *L*

Well, like someone else said, I could always just lose my influence with him later. :rolleyes:

It's aaaaaaalll about Atton.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Concerning Atton vs Disciple, I found it very intriguing. Disciple beeing a sort of Paladin-Jedi, Atton is the bad boy with a heart of gold.

Disciple was boring because he was so so.. lawful and complying with everything. But in the end, when the council finally wants to really punish you and they are killed, it is Disciple who offers solace. No Atton near. So it was disciple who my imagined female PC would have turned to in that moment.

So it is the cliche conflict, which was also the basis of the X-Men movies: Bad boy is more attractive, but in the end the nice boy is the one you can rely on.

Well, this is how I, playing a female - they have better looking avatars anyway :rolleyes: -experienced those slim traces of romance the game offers...

I usually only trigger them if I go to Dantooine first and convert Disicple into a Jedi before Atton. Then you can go to Nar Shaddaa and gain lots of influence with Atton.

You might also need to walk on and off the Ebon Hawk a few times just to see half the cut-scenes that are available in this game :rolleyes:

Even as a male (person in real life) I will play the game through as a female just to see the subtle differences.

It seems there is even more humor in the female version compared to the male playthrough.

Example, when you first meet Atton in his holding cell on Peragus. The male lines are basically, "Wow. When did the miners stop wearing regulation uniforms" or something to that extent.

As you enter the room as a female the lines are more "suave" and cool: "Hey now. When did the miners stop wearing regulation uniforms... Not that I mind..."

Also, when you find your clothes in the mining tunnels Atton actually says "Damnitt!" under his breath and then quickly corrects himself. It's subtle little things like that actually give the female playthrough more depth than the male one as far as humor and characterization goes in the plutonic sense.

Also...

I think some of the inter-party cut scenes *may* depend on how high you've leveled up certain skills. I'm actually using a detailed guide I found on the net with my female PC this time around and I have INT (Intelligence) maxed at 16 from the very start.

This *may* be what is triggering (and not triggering) certain cut scenes because I am getting a lot more dialogue options than I ever did even with a male (which is by design how the game uses your skills to open up new options), so it might not just be influence on certain characters as well.

You might also need to walk on and off the Ebon Hawk a few times just to see half the cut-scenes that are available in this game :)

Yeah, I started noticing that yesterday as everytime I boarded the ship, there was some new cut scene involving Disciple and Kreia, scenes I didn't even see the first time around.

Well, I guess I know what to do my third time through now. :cool:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

One last thing:

From a purely esoteric perspective... We shouldn't even be having this conversation except that the devs made it a point that romantic options would be downplayed in this game compared to KOTOR and other CRPGS.

We shouldn't be having this convo because as corny as this sounds... Any character that can travel across the stars, fight off mercenaries (or join them), help innocents (or destroy them), and even save the galaxy (or destroy it)... But who hasn't fallen in love really has no right to call themselves an adventurer.

I know this seems really corn ball with all of us cynics here...

But the point is that passion = love. Kriea is passionate about destroying the Force. Vaklu is passionate about taking over Onderon. Mandalore is passionate about rebuilding the clans. HK-47 is passionate about destroying all of his inferior clones (the lost Droid planet/factory). Handmaiden is passionate about learning the ways of the Jedi. Visas is passionate about the Exile's abilities and him/her to some extent. Atton is passionate about attoning for his past deeds. Mira is passionate about wanting to belong and fight for something again.

And then we have the Exile.

What is he or she really passionate about?

And I don't mean just being a cynical war veteran.

The most basic answer is that he/she is NOT passionate because they aren't allowed to have a romance with anyone in the truest sense (regardless of gender).

I am going to call the devs on this because I think it really detracts from the story in hindsight. Especially, a story as dark and more ambiguous as this one (with or without the cut endings). I know that the target audience is teenage boys which is a big factor in this (most of them have experienced lust and not love or passion yet).

Anyway, I just thought that from a macro pespective that I find this interesting that we are all talking about a lack of romance options in general, let alone female romance.

In a cut sequence near the end of the game, you read the thoughts of your crewmembers while they think you're dead. Bao-Dur's lines, and voice-acting (/StreamVoice/003/pcdead2, 25 to 31) are FANTASTIC. This adds a hell of a lot to his character: he *knows* things. sigh.

The lines:

Your command echoes still, General. And I obey, as I did at Malachor V. 

I have destroyed planets for you, General. But now, this once, if we could save something in this galaxy...  (or, if DS: Now, Malachor V comes to us. And I wish to face it, this last time.)

I need to do this, or I will die inside. Like I died at Malachor V.

I know you can hear me. I have always known. It is why I followed you.

You know where you must go. It calls to you still.

{Reverent, pronouncement of doom, then sad at the end}And she must be stopped, there, now, or she will bring the screams of Malachor V to the galaxy - just as we carried the echo all this way.

So let me get this straight...

The origional scripted ending not only included Atton's death, but also, sometime between Dantooine and Malachore (probably on the Ravager), everything thinks the Exile had perished, and went to Malachor V to get revenge/penance?

And then you happen to meet up with them there, as you do the same?

... I would so seriously pay $50 for a PATCH that makes that so.

You get that report as a male PC - the Disciple returns to Khoonda, and when you enter Khoonda, you get a cutscene with him saying "Admiral, this is Mical.  I've found the Exile."

yeah I've forgotten about that.

But it is annoying that when you have him as party member he doesn't give out his name.

Handmaiden is also annoying for the same reason.

EDIT: They could at least have used some fake names

Handmaiden tells you her name, after you are done with Atris.

You get that report as a male PC - the Disciple returns to Khoonda, and when you enter Khoonda, you get a cutscene with him saying "Admiral, this is Mical.  I've found the Exile."

yeah I've forgotten about that.

But it is annoying that when you have him as party member he doesn't give out his name.

Handmaiden is also annoying for the same reason.

EDIT: They could at least have used some fake names

Handmaiden tells you her name, after you are done with Atris.

I know she does.

But I don't like the fact that you go through 80% of the game and she is handmaiden.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom