Female Romance option SUCKS!

Eleni, you may be LS, but I likes you n_n

Romance should be open. romance anyone! Because Revan/Candyman is SO happening! DS. C'mon "I'll be your man until the end." "Mandalorians have no love for the republic anyway"?! See, to me, THATS romantic ^_^

I'm not into romance, but I do have to say that a bad bodice ripper would be a much better model than nothing at all o_O I mean, ANYTHING is an improvement over what we get.

My version of romance is killing people together. I mean, there's nothing that brings unity and oneness like a conspiracy ^_^ And blood soaked clothes. It provides the ability to share, and do domestic work together. Those who bleed together do laundry together. Those who slaughter together eat together :p

Yeah, I'm crazy, I know that. I'm fully willing to admit to it. C'mon, just one "bad boy"? Or at least alignment based romance? DSers don't wanna be stuck with whining goodie-two-shoes as I'm sure LSers don't wanna be with mass murderers (yum!)

Nonononono, a lousy romance is NOT better than nothing at all. See: TOEE's "romances." "Hi. Let's talk for two minutes. Make my son like you, okay, he's all upset 'cause his mom died or something. Oh, wow, I totally love you."

See also: Aarin Gend. As creepy as "I killed her because I loved her" can sound, it's nowhere near "I killed her, and I loved her, and wow, you remind me a lot of her, and oh now that I've talked to you about my creepy failed romance for ten minutes and you've done my quests I love you too."

And your definition of romance puts you pretty close to most KOTOR2 NPCs. I actually found the romance discussion with HK sweeter than the replies of most of the other NPCs (yeah, Mira and Hanharr are mega-romantic, and Atton's just talking about himself). Anyway, I think Atton's pretty bad-boy with all the sarcasm and psychopathy. I guess I just don't get the Manderous attraction. He's super-old and he's not "bad," he's a jerk. Ew.

edit: Oh, wow, I'm rambling. 's cool.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

Candyman rocks :- And Atton isn't a psychopath. He feels emotions. But semantics. I was just saying that we get hackneyed "romance" and some sort of romance would be better than that. Atton's okay, but I wouldn't want him as any more than a friend. Disciple will make a nice leather jacket. Everyone loves HK, but doin' a droid . . . I'm not Elise. Though HK is adorable n_n

Canderous isn't a jerk. He's the only one I'd consider. Besides, in KOTOR, Canderous and HK were my voices of reason. They're the only ones whose opinions I'd consider . . . now I suppose Visas fits into that group too. But . . . I'm not doin' her either.

And those are romance plots?! Geez, who let the psychos get typewriters . . .

eheh as a male probably i should stay away from this topic but wanted to add my opinion.

From what i heard is not that the female romances are way worse than male ones...

What i see mostly a problem with the romance is the lack of "intimity".

i'm not referring to sex, kisses or dialogues with honey that invade the Ebon Hawk, but to have a better knowledge of the other char and of his/her feelings and toughts.

When a romance "start" i really don't see too much happen, we get maybe a cutscene or some reference that the npc have some interest, but nothing more "structurated" and the romance seem to end just when it started :)

for the lack of choices with DS chars i don't think that males get better option, i'm a LS guy so i'm quite happy with Visas (:-) or the handmaiden, but ig i where DS probably i will have some troubles, as said i like Visas, but i have problem to see her as a real DS option...

lol, thanks stop.

And I guess the guy stuff really isn't that much better than the female . . . but c'mon, we *do* get the crap stick on this one. I mean, at least you guys get near naked sluts and stuff. We get whiny little goodie-goodies. Well, Atton IS slightly dark, but a good boy through and through. Gah. The guys get to romance both LS and DS. We don't get a DS option because Mandalore isn't romanceable :'(

A really cool thing, if you were DS, if you could kill Disciple. Maybe he coudl stop you from fighting final boss maybe he could try to stop you and the power of the *planet* could come into you and *zap* he'd be DEAD?! :D

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

:shifty: I haven't seen Shrek 2 yet! Ye Gods . . .

And for me, Visas is always DS. Candy is always DS. Everyone else I can sometimes affect, but for the most part, they're all LS. It's a lot easier to influence people when you're LS me thinks . . . Pooie.

Well, I never got to learn my characters pasts because I can't gain influence with them. *grumbles* But still, he's sweet and happy to me. As I said, good friend, but just not . . . wicked enough. Sad, isn't it.

Since the so called romances aren't a real good part of the story the game would have been far better off if you could play as another species. I would really love to play this game as a Cathar. But as a Twilek, Zabrak, Yoda / Vandar species would be good for me too.

Master Vandar lives!

I meant like he sounds like Prince Charming and looks like him. At first glance I thought he looked just like him. Especially the hair.

Ah, now THAT'S why he seemed so familiar. The Disciple rather does resemble Charming physically now that I think about it (personality-wise, totally different <chuckle>). Addressing the Atton as psychopath thing, well he was obviously highly conflicted after the Mandalorian Wars, which twisted his views on Jedi & the Republic. Heck, even formerly respectable people like Saul Karath succumbed to the dark side...

In the end though, Atton obviously changed after that incident with the female Jedi. Geez, people make it sound like he's some creepy raving lunatic serial-killer when he said that he killed her because he loved her. I think you're supposed to recognize that at the end he learned how wrong what he had been doing was (when she opened her mind to him) and that killing the female Jedi was in fact a mercy killing to prevent her from suffering further at his hands or any of the other Sith assasin-types.

Besides, if Revan can be forgiven after destroying all those worlds & whatnot (well, if you were LS in KoTOR 1 anyway), then Atton can be forgiven for what his misguided beliefs led him to do. After all, you're only talking a little torture, some assasinations, etc. not planetary destruction on a massive scale like Revan & the Exile managed to do. However, I'm not so sure that I can forgive him for not telling the PC that he has feelings for her... oh well, maybe I'll address that one in fan-fic. <snicker> :lol:

Me and my tangents, ahem, I forgot to add this: yes, the female PC romances do SUCK!!! :blink:

In the end though, Atton obviously changed after that incident with the female Jedi. Geez, people make it sound like he's some creepy raving lunatic serial-killer when he said that he killed her because he loved her. I think you're supposed to recognize that at the end he learned how wrong what he had been doing was (when she opened her mind to him) and that killing the female Jedi was in fact a mercy killing to prevent her from suffering further at his hands or any of the other Sith assasin-types.

Who cares? At least he has a past. I, personally, question Disciple's sexuality and think that maybe he's a reincarnate of Tinky-Winky seeking revenge on the ones who made his show get cancelled because they reavelaed he touched Dipsy and Poe.

Sorry, just had to bash a no-brain children's show. Anyways, I love Atton's character, excpte *cough* more dialgoue would've been better *cough*. I'm planning on using a cheat I read somewhere in a walkthrough to get infinte Atton infulence on Nar Shadda and do Dantooine last and maybe skip the enclave ruins if possible and just go to the caves, resue Vrook, and be on my merry way. ^_^

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

Lol i read the most stuff that was writen before. I wont quote any of it, believe me, its better that way.

Still... didnt we all wanted more (with we i mean all MEN)? Think about the situation with Bastila on the Ebon Hawk. You kissed her, but, you didnt realy saw it. Isnt that awful? Damn. Make the KotOR series a 16+ game and show us everything. We paid that game, didnt we?

And think about it. Here in europe there isnt one day where you dont hear something about love, kissing and sex. And they start at - when? 11 AM.

So it cant be that a kiss is TO MUTCH for the player. Even puppets in series or anime figures kiss each other like theyr crazy...

So back to KotOR 2. I'm not realy satisfied with both girls that where an option. Visas was cute... somehow. And the handmaiden is a realy hot ... when shes evil. But that fighting stuff and that 'You are now my master' isnt that we wanted to hear. Or maybe what I didnt wanted.

Only one thing left... make better romances! KotOR isnt just running around and kill Sith and innocent. Do you think the movies would be that great if Leia, Han and Luke whered just friends from startup? Lol...