release date unrealistic?

Well i want to be sitting in my sofa during the longest stints on the game.

the US X-Box was released before it was meant to be because Lucasarts wanted to make a quick buck during Xmas, but there has been 2-3 months since then so, plenty of time to iron out any bugs.

No game is ever released completely bug free

I have yet to see a single game never need a patch.

Heavy Gear 2. Bugless. Patchless.

I tried that game, i thought it was utter trash.

Then you must have poor tastes, because that game was awesome.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Well, they are only allowed to dispatch it a day before to make sure you get it at least on the day of release, not before.

are you sure of that ?? :)

as far as i know.

and everyone has different tastes.

you might have thought Master of Orion 2 was crap, but i think it was good and still is the best Space Exploration/Empire Building Game.

A Gamespy lead article today talked about playing a "98% build" of K2.  It looks like there's no way it could get finished, even slightly tested, and manufactured in a month.  So here's to March at the earliest, ya'll!  I wasn't going to play it 'til Spring Break anyway, but I was hoping it would be cheaper and well-patched by then.  Oh Well.

BTW, I know tech support isn't the right place to post this, but we seem to have lost the rest of the PC forum.

It would make sense that they would release a non-complete version of the game. After all, they released a non-complete Xbox version of the game.

well the dates I have are a major let down...dam waiting any longer! I will have my revenge!

How by starting 100s of threads about the release date? Then deleting them as soon as someone replies to them?

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Alright, so I was wrong. I made the logical assumption that LA/Obsidian would never give an old build to a reviewer, and that they would fix enough of the bugs to get people like me to buy it quickly. They really don't seem to have any business sense. They will almost certainly will lose more money from everyone being turned off by the reviews than they would have spent on QA. And it's not really a time issue; they had enough time, but weren't investing enough resources in QA. Hopefully even if LA doesn't fund it, OE will realize that it's probably in their best interests to make a patch pro bono to avoid makng a bad first impression. As a precedent, I doubt Hades_One is the only one who will never trust Troika after ToEE and VtM:B. And if Obsidian or a moderator reads this, please realize that I'm not flaming; I think it's in OE's best interests, as well as mine, to do some QA regardless of LA.

Less than a week after a release, and it looks like they should have held onto the game for another month until they actually got it to (1) install cleanly, run (2) with sound enabled (rather than disabled), and (3) with no ATI problems.

The crew is getting restless and rumbling about mutiny. ("Rumble rumble rumble. Mutiny Mutiny Mutiny.") :(