Romance/Friendships and party alignment

*Please do not post spoilers here, aside from the exact ones requested!*

1) Are there true romances in this game, or is it more of a friendship/companionship thing instead? I'm fine either way. I just want to know if and who you can get to romance.

2) I've heard that some characters require you to be good or evil to get. Is this true and if so, whom exactly requires a certain alignment? Can I get Visas Marr specifically without being evil?

3) I've heard that several characters can teach you special abiltiies or upgrade yours. Without mentioning exactly who and how, is there some esoteric action or item I might need and would overlook, that is required to get those?

*Please spoil as little as possible!*

1. Not a true romance... no declariationof undying devotion or anything. It is more like 3rd grade shool yard stuff.

2. You need to be evil to get some of the NPCs to open up to you and talk. Not for a romance.

3. You don't need to do anything but talk to them to get their special upgrade or ability... as I remember it.

Thank you every much! I'm cool with it not having a specific romance (I always thought it was a little odd to have characters wandering around saving the world while getting hot for each other.

And I really wanted to make sure I'd pick up Visas Mar the first time around; seems I'll have no troubles there. She seems pretty cool.

PS: Are there any characters that can't become Jedi? Is making the onces who can into Jedi simply a matter of taking them along and talking with them and therefore getting your influence high enough?

PS: Are there any characters that can't become Jedi? Is making the onces who can into Jedi simply a matter of taking them along and talking with them and therefore getting your influence high enough?

Well, the droids. ;)

The force adepts in the group are Mira, Atton, Bao-Dur, Handmaiden and Disciple.

You can influence them by making choices they support. If they feel strongly either way about your actions, they will let you know and you will either gain or lose influence.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Thank you every much! I'm cool with it not having a specific romance (I always thought it was a little odd to have characters wandering around saving the world while getting hot for each other.

And I really wanted to make sure I'd pick up Visas Mar the first time around; seems I'll have no troubles there. She seems pretty cool.

The ones who can become Jedi as I've been able to are:

Bao Dur, HandMaiden, Atton and Visas is already a Jedi

but I still can't seem to get,

Mira... maybe it's just because I was a male...

And DS is less...

mainly just the handmaiden

And about Influence... Each has someting they look for. And yes for the most par5 you can. But Handmaiden, if your a DS ten you should keep her on the ship and you just gain influence by

fighitng her and talking to her. and then you find something out from Kraia and then she may become a Jedi

The ones who can become Jedi as I've been able to are:

Bao Dur, HandMaiden, Atton and Visas is already a Jedi

but I still can't seem to get,

Mira... maybe it's just because I was a male...

Spoiler.

I got Mira to convert by accident (and my character was male LS). You can get Mira to become a Jedi by staying on Nar Shadda and talking to her on the Ebon Hawk, steadily kissing her ass and then taking her to that place on Nar Shadda where you saw the first FMV of the city-scape while walking around - the camera rose and spun around, focusing on an open area between platforms... Mira will mumble something about noise flooding her head and it being terrible or something - and then you've a chance to say - "Hey, I can teach you how to control that." And Poof! One more Jedi on your team.

Bao Dur, HandMaiden, Atton, Visas, Diciple and Mira can become jedi. And you can convert all of them as both LS and DS it doesnt matter which enlignment you are. You just need some skills in playing the game ;)

I disagree it seems to me it is impossible to get all of your companions to change if you are DS you at least cannot be a DS master to do it. It seems that the only person who you can reverse influence is Atton. Everyone else you need to make LS choices in order to get them to gain influence with you. Once you do that there are not enough oppurtunitty's in the game to get DS points to become a DS master and still have all of the companions be Jedi. I have tried it 3 time now and it seems impossible.

Well, in my Dark Side game I won't be worried about building up the weak! They must either learn on their own or die! Mwah-ha-ha!

Seriously, I hear Bao-Dur has relatively few influence gaining options. Are the tohers this picky? We've been told in this thread that Mira has fairly simple but specific requirements. Is there a specific place I need to look out for for the others:

Rand, Bao-Dur, Handmaiden, and Disciple? Again, please try to avoid huge spoilers, aside from area names. Since you hear about those long before you get there, usually, I don't consider it a spoiler to know it exists.

Well, in my Dark Side game I won't be worried about building up the weak! They must either learn on their own or die! Mwah-ha-ha!

Seriously, I hear Bao-Dur has relatively few influence gaining options. Are the tohers this picky? We've been told in this thread that Mira has fairly simple but specific requirements. Is there a specific place I need to look out for for the others:

Rand, Bao-Dur, Handmaiden, and Disciple? Again, please try to avoid huge spoilers, aside from area names. Since you hear about those long before you get there, usually, I don't consider it a spoiler to know it exists.

It seems to me that when you that no matter what Atton is a given for turning Jedi he is with you the longest and can be influenced by just talking to him a lot of the time. Handmaiden is the same way you never need to take her with you to turn her all you need to do is talk to her about her past and fight with her in sparing missions. The others must go in the field with you. I have been told by others on the board that loss of influence nets same results as influence gain. This is just not true. From what I can tell this is how influence works. Most of your companions are inherently good or maral char to start and if you run around treating people like a jerk most of them will be upset by this. EXAMPLE : small spoiler but not really: There are very few influence oppurtunitys in the game that do not have a side step option ( Meaning LS or DS ramifications ) So if I am a dark side master and want to maintain that staus throughout the game ( which you pretty much must do to complete the game aat that level) and I want to convert BOA DUR to be a dark jedi it is impossible to do and still maintain my dark lord status.

I can't get Bao-Dur to become a Jedi for nothing, I'm on Onderon doing good stuff and he still doesn't gain influence.

If you are light side it is easy you just have to keep BOA DUR with you almost the whole time. There are key places for him where you gain influence Telos - once you are able to get your party from thier cages at Atris compound tell BOA DUR it is not his fault they were captured.DXUN 1 The mandalorian trapped on the ridge after you rescue him once back at the camp talk to his boss but do not tell him what really happened for another influence gain. Nar Shadda Heal the guy in the refugee sector for influence gain also when doing personal air speeder have Bao Dur check your work on it as you ad parts and also let atton fix something and call him the master for an influence gain with both Atton and Bao Dur. Dantooine do not turn in the guy with the hydrospanner you find in a droid gain influence and when you find the sensors in the crystal cave have bao dur examine them for Influence gain when you give them back to the guy say not so fast and then sell them to him for 3000 anyway gain influence. Onderon give the republic spy in the cantina a open starport visa for influence gain w Bao Dur and in the cantina when you have to battle the troups Bao Dur asks you what to do about inoccents "say be careful" for influence gain. During all of these processes keep talking to Bao Dur after these gains and he will start to say more than just yes general and also keep alternating Mira and Atton and you will have enough influence to make all of your party LS jedi yay LS boo DS because doing this for DS does not work BOO!!!!

PS sorry about the poor gramar through all of that. I just had to get it out. No time for puny punctuation and spelling. :)

Bao Dur, HandMaiden, Atton, Visas, Diciple and Mira can become jedi. And you can convert all of them as both LS and DS it doesnt matter which enlignment you are. You just need some skills in playing the game :thumbsup:

I disagree it seems to me it is impossible to get all of your companions to change if you are DS you at least cannot be a DS master to do it. It seems that the only person who you can reverse influence is Atton. Everyone else you need to make LS choices in order to get them to gain influence with you. Once you do that there are not enough oppurtunitty's in the game to get DS points to become a DS master and still have all of the companions be Jedi. I have tried it 3 time now and it seems impossible.

Well I played as ds and had mastery and I got everyone to be a jedi except for Mira since you don't get her when playing ds and the diciple since a I was male.

I suggest you try again.

There won't be any trouble picking up Visas. You get her every time. It's only the Mira/Hanharr and Handmaiden/Disciple selections that are dependent on alignment or gender.

However, certain factors are involved as to WHEN you get Visas. It would be rather difficult to just arbitrarily steal Darth Nihilis's apprentice away from him, so they have an interesting way for this to happen.

"You shall not pass!"

Bao Dur, HandMaiden, Atton, Visas, Diciple and Mira can become jedi. And you can convert all of them as both LS and DS it doesnt matter which enlignment you are. You just need some skills in playing the game :p

Well I played as ds and had mastery and I got everyone to be a jedi except for Mira since you don't get her when playing ds and the diciple since a I was male.

I suggest you try again.

How did you manage that . I have gone back and saveed at every possible influence gain/loss oint tried every conversation thread and still not been able to turn everyone and be a DS master. LS master no prob! Nuetral no prob! Mostly DS no prob DS master impossible.

Bao Dur, HandMaiden, Atton, Visas, Diciple and Mira can become jedi. And you can convert all of them as both LS and DS it doesnt matter which enlignment you are. You just need some skills in playing the game :p

I always convert them all into Jedi and I normally play DS. You can also convert them into Jedi if loose a lot of influence on them. If I want to chose LS options, to gain influence on them, then I do Nar Shadda as my second planet: there are plenty of places to gain influence on LS party members there and it leaves you a lot of time to regain DS mastery later on.

But can't you complete the game witout Visas? I'ts just to stay neutral whole the time...

I don't think so. Maybe, I guess, but she's rather integral to the whole Darth Nihilis plot. What happens to her if you went neutral the whole time? You need to get her in the plot before you fight Nihilis.

"You shall not pass!"

Bao Dur, HandMaiden, Atton, Visas, Diciple and Mira can become jedi. And you can convert all of them as both LS and DS it doesnt matter which enlignment you are. You just need some skills in playing the game ;)

I suggest you try again.

How did you manage that . I have gone back and saveed at every possible influence gain/loss oint tried every conversation thread and still not been able to turn everyone and be a DS master. LS master no prob! Nuetral no prob! Mostly DS no prob DS master impossible.

Do Nar-Shadaa first you can have both Atton and Bao-Dur converted there. Then you should have enough time to regain you mastery on the other planets.....

I always convert them all into Jedi and I normally play DS. You can also convert them into Jedi if loose a lot of influence on them. If I want to chose LS options, to gain influence on them, then I do Nar Shadda as my second planet: there are plenty of places to gain influence on LS  party members there and it leaves you a lot of time to regain DS mastery later on.

Thank you! I have been saying that in so many threads about influence that it works both ways you can also loose influence instead of gaining to make them jedi...