Tales of the Jedi

Damn straight.

I just discovered another bloody catrace, the "Fellacat". They look completely human except they have cats noses and long ears. When will it end?!! The catspawn must be destroyed.

..comming seemingly from nowhere, an unknown Sith Lord known only as Darth Lassie, chased the all the cat races of the galaxy into the huge trees on Kashykk where they died horribly. An elite squad of Jedi firemen was dispatched but they lacked ladders long enough to reach the besieged cats in time.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The blob extra-dimensional cult leader in that travesty of literature, The Crystal Star.

In other words, a Star Trek creature that, for some reason, Lucasbooks allowed to guest star in a Star Wars novel.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about the floating brain...that thing and Simus take the cake for the worst SW characters ever created.

Perhaps, but the expression on Simus' face when Exar "breaks his case" was priceless.

^_^

----

As for that other "thing" of Jedi Master, I was expecting something really special from him based on the battle foreshadowing: 'What's he gonna do?', I thought. 'It's gotta be something desperate but extraordinary - the "thing" said so himself'. I was like, 'I know - It'll be a type of Batte Meditation, no wait - Force Translocation'. But what did he do? A bloody "Gaseous Fart". <_<

manthing2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

lol....

I think that the artwork in the comics was too reminiscent of our history (The greeks and egyptions), the technology too useless (sails, and such) and the storys a bit weak. But they are still the only way to understand the universe around KotOR and KotOR2. I enjoyed the first game, it was well written and clear (everything was explained). The second game built too much on knowlage gained from the first game, and a whole heap of other stuff that didn't make sense until I read the comics. The comics aren't perfect, but the games, which are excellent (once you've got your head around them) are still based on this universe that the comics describe...

ps

Is the valley where you meet Marka Ragnos in Jedi Academy the same valley as in KotOR and KotOR 2? And if they are, remember that 4000 years has passed since KotOR and Jedi Academy - erosion and such have probably buried the tombs since KotOR and left them as they were seen in Jedi Academy.

Sry about the text-clump, I amn't used to forum writing yet. :)

If I get my own SW comic, beware... the ninjah Hutt Sith lords of Doom will come for you in their golden pirate ships all branding lightsaber-nunchucks

Seriously ?How the heck would they work...

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

How dose Bao-Dur's arm work? It'd be the same thing pretty much...just with two lightsabers connected by the...energy...thingy.

...probobly...

Eh?

To use a nunchuck you have to hold on to one part or the other, but both parts are very much the business end, which is what makes it such a difficult weapon to counter. Since you cant grasp a lightsaber blade the whole concept seems a non starter.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well, I'm not saying it would be an easy or even desirable weapon to use, just trying to imagine how the heek you would make lightsaberchucks...wait a second...why dose that sound so familiar....?

Cortosis ninja gloves?

Just for your information, issue 1# of Star Wars Obsession miniseries features a "vibrowip" aka a lightsaberwhip but the authors were too chicken to be up front with it.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well, I'm not saying it would be an easy or even desirable weapon to use, just trying to imagine how the heek you would make lightsaberchucks...wait a second...why dose that sound so familiar....?

It was mentioned earlier in the thread and I wondered if it was part of ToJ or if it was just something that was thought up. Given the other rubbish ToJ has it wouldnt suprise me.

478327[/snapback]

Cortosis ninja gloves?

Just for your information, issue 1# of Star Wars Obsession miniseries features a "vibrowip" aka a lightsaberwhip but the authors were too chicken to be up front with it.

I have less of a problem rationalising a whip as it has a handle. Although it's beyond me how you would make a wiggly lightsaber :D

478327[/snapback]

I hate New Jedi Order. That series destroyed the epic message of Lucas' movies. Yuuzhans are totally stupid, they contradict the traditional star wars philosophy and their whole concept sucks. And Chewbacca was killed by them (not to mention they devoured Coruscant into some stinkin garden).

I don't get it: you hate TOTJ that was partially invented by GL and that gives good background for movies jedi/sith struggle by giving information about ancient wars and fallen empires, yet you tolerate terrible distortion that NJO is.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.