Coke or Pepsi?

Jedi_Master_Darkor

Which do you prefer, Coke or Pepsi?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer, Coke or Pepsi?

• Coke
    • Pepsi
    • I hate carbonated beverages

originally, coke was made from cane sugar but it switched to corn syrup due to costs (and maybe restrictions during WW2, which drove up costs...). AFAIK, they ALL use corn syrup now (well, obviously diet sodas don't)...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

originally, coke was made from cane sugar but it switched to corn syrup due to costs (and maybe restrictions during WW2, which drove up costs...).  AFAIK, they ALL use corn syrup now (well, obviously diet sodas don't)...

taks

Yes, that's it, thank you.

I just need 2,354,645,498,258,140 more memories completed and then I will be sane!

uh, given that you (and i) post in here as if... well... just the fact that we'd be discussing such minutae rules out sanity. now or in the future.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Indeed! Coke is heaven in a glass with bubbles!

BTW, whoever heard that coke will dissolve bone was having his leg pulled. However... :D ... put a small amount of raw meat in a glass of coke and it WILL be cooked within a few hours. Honest to God!

I try not to think about that whilst enjoying my favorite cola drink. :geek:

anywyay they produce acne/pimples,

No they don't.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

If you drink fruit juice, make sure that you dilute it. It contains too much sugar otherwise. Yes, it is fructose rather than sucrose, which makes it less harmful to you than sucrose (won't say better for you, as no sugar is actually in and of itself good for you), but too much can still lead to high blood sugar if it's all that you drink.

Water is still superior to any other type of beverage out there, and is the most important food group (why doesn't the FDA put that in their stupid food pyramid?). Vegetable juice is second, with milk third and fruit juice fourth.

Truth be told, I drink about one soda every two months. The rest of the time I have a glass of pure well water in my hand. *sigh* It's true. When I'm in the mood for a cola, only Coke will do. But 90% of my liquid refreshment needs (er... the non-alcoholic kind, anyway) is pure water. And I recommend that for the rest of y'all as well. Seriously!

Fot: Feh! We're not bloody plants, for cryin out loud! We could drink gasoline if it weren't so damned expensive!

Zoq: It's true - Fot can drink gasoline and turn it into "natural gas" if you know what I'm saying. :ermm:

Pik: ...

Fot: What's thats supposed to mean? :ermm:

zoqfotpik-sitting.gif

Truth be told, I drink about one soda every two months.  The rest of the time I have a glass of pure well water in my hand.  *sigh*  It's true.  When I'm in the mood for a cola, only Coke will do.  But 90% of my liquid refreshment needs (er... the non-alcoholic kind, anyway) is pure water.  And I recommend that for the rest of y'all as well.  Seriously!

Yeah, I agree. I drink Coke rarely as well.

Truth be told, I drink about one soda every two months.  The rest of the time I have a glass of pure well water in my hand.  *sigh*  It's true.  When I'm in the mood for a cola, only Coke will do.  But 90% of my liquid refreshment needs (er... the non-alcoholic kind, anyway) is pure water.  And I recommend that for the rest of y'all as well.  Seriously!

Well water beats city water or bottled water hands-down in my experience. I've recently cut back my soda consumption tremendously (easiest way to get caffiene is from sodas, and, yes, I am a caffeine addict--I get massive migraines if I don't get enough caffeine), and have been drinking lightly sweetened tea (sweet tea forever, Di!) and water from our well.