Coke or Pepsi?

Jedi_Master_Darkor

Which do you prefer, Coke or Pepsi?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer, Coke or Pepsi?

• Coke
    • Pepsi
    • I hate carbonated beverages

nope... as i said, 25 years is the key. :)

i'm not particularly a CO fan, either, btw... we have colorado college in town, and they're ranked #2 behind minnesota right now so maybe i'll switch to college nets.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Well, I'm clueless as to what the 25 years is. Any hints?

And I hate hate HATE Colorado. See, I hold hockey grudges. And Colorado used to be the Quebec Nordiques, and on principal, I hate anything French Canadian. I also hate the Dallas Stars who used to be the Minnesota Northstars.

Proud purveyor, owner and operator of the Wonder Twins

I also hate the Dallas Stars who used to be the Minnesota Northstars.

my pool (uh, billiards) buddy is a big stars fan, but he's from galveston so i can forgive him. when they were still in minnesota, i was a fan, too.

taks

25 years in the playoffs... the longest streak in professional sports...

taks

Taks is a blues fan!!! Do you have any good stories from the Hull & Oates days? I was excited when Oatey signed with the Oilers last year, only to realize he actually needs a skilled player to set up. It was painful watching his beautiful passwork go to someone who doesn't even belong on a line with him. And how did the blues tamper with Scott Stevens drafting? I've read about it but there is no explanation as to what happened.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I've been through Grand Prairie....once. Heh. I really miss Edmonton at times, especially since we lived 5 minutes away from West Edmonton Mall and I would go there ALL the time.

Edmonton always seemed to get a lot of great concerts.

I'm totally going through hockey withdrawls too. I cried like a baby when the Flames lost the damn Stanley Cup. There's two junior hockey teams in Omaha, so we'll go to a game. And there was also talk about moving Calgary's farm team down here.

Once is usually all it takes, Princess. And how can you cheer for the flames. At the start of last years season we made playoff predictions in October. I said Tampa bay all the way, just because it rhymed. Even when Calgary made it to the final I couldn't cheer for them. Speaking of the flames, tonight I'm going to watch a Sr. A league game between our local A's and the Horse Lake Thunder, featuring...wait for it, wait for it...Theo Fleury and Gino Odjick. Remember, old hockey players don't die, they just end touring G.P.

Now as for West Ed, it was cool to make road trips to go shopping there in high school, but nowadays every store has the prices jacked up like you wouldn't believe! $200 for a water bong? Crazy!! When the ex was working I headed downtown ( she lived across the legislature) and went mental buying cds at A&B sound. Now that place was the shihizzit!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

It almost sickened me to cheer for the Flames, but at least it was a chance for Canada to reclaim the Stanley Cup.

I snapped at a few die hard Oiler fans who suddenly had Flames flags waving from their vehicles. Don't you think the world would be a better place if the Canucks would have bitchslapped the Flames like the two player team ( Iginla, Kippras..the goalie) they are?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Taks is a blues fan!!!

a cookie to Kor Qel Droma!

Do you have any good stories from the Hull & Oates days?

as a matter of fact i do... back in my bartending days i was out with several of the other staph members (yes, our shirts said staph on them) at Oz. (background: Oz is a dance club across the street from Pop's Saloon in Sauget, IL, just south of East St. Louis. bars in that area are allowed to be open 24 hours a day. Pop's closes sections of the bar for 20 minutes at a time to clean. Oz is only open till 6 am. a perfect place to go after getting off work at 3 am, however). anyway, hull, oates (i think he was there) roenick and somebody else from chi-town were there partying after a blues-blackhawks game (yes, they were all buddies, and hull is tiny). one of our beer tub girls walked up to the group and asked for hull's autograph. they all looked at her kinda arrogantly and said "are you going to bl** us all?" she said "no" after stammering for a few seconds and they immediately replied "then get the **** out of here!" she was aghast.

And how did the blues tamper with Scott Stevens drafting?  I've read about it but there is no explanation as to what happened.

if you ever figure this one out, let me know... best defenseman EVAR! damn that hurt losing him... given they didn't try to fight the outcome, i can only assume they really did do something wrong.

taks

Hey, I voted wrong! I voted for Pepsi, but the truth I don't even like sodas. Beer, now.... mmmmMMMMM Beer.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

And how did the blues tamper with Scott Stevens drafting?  I've read about it but there is no explanation as to what happened.

they didnt. :p

all that happened was the blues signed stevens as a restricted free agent and had to give up 5 first round draft picks to the caps as compensation. then they did it again with shanahan, but this time stevens went to the devils as compensation (i think shanahan was a different level free agency).

stevens was actually "taken" from the blues and there were rumors that some behind the scenes wrongdoing by the blues was behind it. i.e. they screwed up somewhere along the line and this was their punishment. as a result, they did not fight the acquisition. stevens was a protected player so he should never have been offered as compensation to the devils by the league...

taks