Your lightsaber

No you don't. I think that was a mis quote.

You will build your own new saber in this game.

You will be told at one point in your game "that's is no longer your lightsaber, it's time for you to build a new one" (paraphrased)

You will have a personal Saber Crystal at one point in the game.

In one of the interviews (I think IGN) they said you would build your own saber but you could later choose to go on a quest or something of that nature to get your old saber back.

"You will be told at one point in your game "that's is no longer your lightsaber, it's time for you to build a new one" (paraphrased) "

now that I think about it that was probly put in because they cut it out of the final game.

There is some way to get your original Lightsaber back from Atris. I remember when I had to fight her near the end, one of the dialouge options was;

"I have come back for my lightsaber."

But before that could register in my mind that I could get it back, I already chose another option. :rolleyes:

There is some way to get your original Lightsaber back from Atris. I remember when I had to fight her near the end, one of the dialouge options was;

"I have come back for my lightsaber."

But before that could register in my mind that I could get it back, I already chose another option.  :lol:

That option does nothing for you, don't worry you missed squat.

I have noticed that, in this game, the quests are extreamlly sencitivy to order of opration. VERY VERY sencitive.

One false step and the side quest your on is in the crapper. Even now, in my 5th time thur, i've still yet to figure out how to get the 2 excappiess on Talos to spawn... or how to get the Voggie the Hut quest topice to complete...

I've also botched the Star Port visa quest, by waiting to long to hand out the vises... and countless others because, you have to do them before such and such a time, but after such and such....

I'm wondering if the dev's ment it that way, or if it's just another example of the games over all uber buggyness.

But i belive it may be possilbe to get it back... it's just complacatied, and, as with other quests in this game, the more complacated the quest, the more options you have to brake it.

I mean, it took me 4 play throughs and 3 topic messges here to figure out how to get Vas to teach me force sight.... and the whole reason i missed it the first 3 times is, you only get one shot at it, and it's a kind of obsucre dialog option you really have to be looking for to find.

Heck my first two times asking about it, people though i was crasy. By the 3, people started finding it, and some brain storming was done.

anyway. I think there's prolly a way. And if there isn't... i belive the WAS a way, but it got cut out, much like the hk 50 base... which is heavly hinted to in the game, but totally unfindable. And that my friends, SUCKS ROCKS.

KingSnake. (I have a very strong love hate relashionship with this game right now. The PC verson had better be less buggy than this. This is boarding on completlly annoying. If i didn't like the feel of the game so much, i'd have returned it by now...)

My thoughts, if anybody cares:

<Rambling>

I like having both the XBox & PC versions of the game, and here's why. I play the XBox version first so I am forced to play it the way the designers intended. Then, I'll play the PC version so I can mod it (or use other people's mods). By modding it, I can really make my own uber saber, so I won't need to get the exile's old saber back. (But, yes, I admit that a sidequest to get that saber back would be cool.)

</Rambling>

My thoughts, if anybody cares:

<Rambling>

I like having both the XBox & PC versions of the game, and here's why.  I play the XBox version first so I am forced to play it the way the designers intended.  Then, I'll play the PC version so I can mod it (or use other people's mods).  By modding it, I can really make my own uber saber, so I won't need to get the exile's old saber back.  (But, yes, I admit that a sidequest to get that saber back would be cool.)

</Rambling>

Yes, good job, reward the team by buying TWO copies of a flawed game. That'll teach them!

and how do you know he/she cares? You may not like it, but perhaps he/she cares little about the flaws cause he/she enjoys playing the game so mcuh. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Personally, I wish my computer would play games, but I'm always missing a few components to actually be able to play them on the computer. Mind you, the minute I do get all the stuff required to play the games, they'll "upgrade" it so you'll have to buy a new one again in order to play. That's what I hate. They should have just made it for the simple computer. That way you don't have to spend over $5000.00 just to play a game.

Epiphany, the point to modding a game is to correct some flaw or enhance the game somehow. From reading the forum posts, most of the complaints about this game has been the storyline after the second visit to Dantooine (i.e. once the gameplay becomes linear). By modding the game, you can change dialog, scripts, et cetera so you could make the storyline better if you want to. For example, in the first KOTOR game, someone made the Padawan mod where you start off as a jedi. Someone else made a whole extra planet. So, in my opinion anyway, the ability to mod games make them better than the way the developer shipped them.

By the way, if you want to read a Star Wars story that is written extremely poorly (as in the writing style sucks), read anything by Alan Dean Foster. Yes, he's also the guy who ghost authored the novelization for A New Hope. A couple years ago, I went back to read it again and had to put it down after about 30 pages.

Doctor Kiara, thank you, and I'm a he. If you know how to build a computer from parts (as opposed to buying from Dell, Gatewat, etc.), you could build a good one that'll play KOTOR for roughly around $1000, depending on how good you want it to be. Oh, and I hope your flight was safe and you got your luggage. :D

hehe

But sadly, I'm no good at building computers, I'm more likely to.....blow up the neighborhood. :p Not a very good thought. But I'll stick with the xbox. I already have one and I haven't broke it yet. Wish I could cheat on the xbox game though. After a while, you just want to experiment with stuff like "Infinite health". Imagine how fun it is to just.....stand there while people are attacking your character. Course, they won't give up because they're stupid video game characters, but still....a laugh.

I have fears about the airlines having my luggage. Working at the airport is bad enough, knowing what goes on below while you're on the flight causes panic!

I stole Visa's (or however you spell her name...looks kindof like the credit card :geek:)...or at least the one I got from fighting her the first time. the double bladed lightsaber

Do you mean you acquired the parts for the lightsaber? Because I think it's impossible to get her lightsaber. She clearly says that you destroy it in the combat.

I stole Visa's (or however you spell her name...looks kindof like the credit card :geek:)...or at least the one I got from fighting her the first time. the double bladed lightsaber

Do you mean you acquired the parts for the lightsaber? Because I think it's impossible to get her lightsaber. She clearly says that you destroy it in the combat.

That is only if you dont have all the lightsaber parts on you.