Kotor VS TSL

After playing both, which is ur fav?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. After playing both, which is ur fav?

• Knights Of The Old Republic
    • Knights Of The Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
    • I can't decide ........ yet
    • I like them the same

You just hit Post #42.

God, I'm a geek.

And that is why I'm marrying you. :(

But back on topic...

Once I can tear myself way from this machine, I will plop myself on our lovely black pleather couch, crank up the stereo, grab a supply of Diet Dew and proceed to play KOTOR2 until Ender gets home.

I <3 KOTOR2!

Proud purveyor, owner and operator of the Wonder Twins

She's always messing up the galaxy, and I have to clean it up.

It sucks being the last Jedi, I'm telling you.

But baby! I'm having so much fun killing all the innocent NPC's....controlling their pitiful weak minds...listening to that last breath escape their body as I crush their throat...the smell of burning flesh as I fry them with force lightning...watching them all cower in fear..... :(

I'm still undecided at this moment.

TSL has improved on many things over KotOR 1, but the overall feel is still too early to say. Being a goody two-shoes is very difficult this time, everthing's more grey.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

TSL has improved on many things over KotOR 1, but the overall feel is still too early to say. Being a goody two-shoes is very difficult this time, everthing's more grey.

Yessss....Come to the Dark Side, my child. All the power you could ever dream of! Control the galaxy! Rule over everyone with fear!

Oh, and the health benefits are just fantastic. We have dental!

I hear the Dark Side also has cookies.

But, I must be vigilant.

The game seems to hit on that neither the Jedi nor Sith are truly right. It's about making your own personal decisions on what path you want to follow.

Edit: Curious, what was done half-way? I haven't seen anything done half-way.

Yessss....Come to the Dark Side, my child. All the power you could ever dream of! Control the galaxy! Rule over everyone with fear!

Oh, and the health benefits are just fantastic. We have dental!

Nice try, Sion seems really to have gotten better through the dark side's free health care.

*Light side points awarded*

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yes, Jad'en. We have an excellent dental coverage plan. Oh, did I forget to mention the 401K option? And just for you in this special one time offer, we'll even throw in one FREE plastic surgery to cover up that nasty Dark Side rot!

Oooh....and I almost forgot about the cookies!

Ahem. There it goes again...the Dark Side clouding my mind. Back on topic.

Despite all the bugs, I'm having much more fun playing TSL than I did with KOTOR. I had some moments of pure glee with KOTOR, but never did I once jump up and down or giggle insanely like I have so far with TSL.

You say that KOTOR was better in almost every way.  How so?

KOTOR:2 has more replay value.

KOTOR:2 has prestige classes.

KOTOR:2 has better NPCs.  They all have a special talent.  In KOTOR:1, only the Jedi were worth anything in your party.  And two of the characters basically had no personality or story in KOTOR:1 whatsoever.

Gameplay is better.

Graphics are better.

There are boatloads of new features.

The story is better.

So, how is KOTOR better?

All those gimmicks are mute points in an RPG, unless the story excels. You say "story is better", but you have yet to complete the story thus far. Great logic there. >_<

At best K2 provides a medicore story which fails to flow coherently, and wanes notably towards it's conclusion. That doesn't constitute a better story for me. That doesn't constitute a better RPG for me.

That being said K2 is still an excellent game relatively speaking. As someone previously mentioned, "Better looking jedi robes, prestige classes, the use of skills, the workbench, darker atmosphere", are bound to be appreciated by fans alike.

But at the end of the day, where K1 left you satisfied with a feeling of accomplishment, K2 it left wanting in it's broken ambiguity.

manthing2.jpg

Anyone else in here that think is't unfair that the PC version is shipped 2 months later than the Xbox version? That's just plain console discrimination for the american PC users. (i'm an eurogamer so it doesn't matter to me anyway)

will there ever be a game shipping in europe before USA, i wonder (probably not <_< )

The hard working developers at obsidian had to make a choice way back in production...

Create the X-Box version and complete the deadline of 6th December 2004, or lose the deadline attempting to complete both versions at once....

They made a call that the X-Box version should be complete first and therefore American X-Box users get the game first.

European X-Box users dont get it because the Dvd drive uses different encoding in the 2 different places.

And the PC version wont be completed, and isnt completed to date so that is that sorted...

Not completely true. They were done with both versions of games. It was Lucasarts' desicion to release the game early. Trust me, I didn't think Obsidian Entertainment was too happy about it either.

You know, they could have done some extra content for the X-Box USA, and release it on Feb 2005, but Lucasarts decided not to.

And if you ask me, they don't have a real reason to postpone the PC game, unless they made some sort of deal with Microsoft.

Then it did its job... this is what CRPG's do to you... its what they are meant to be like, and i think you will find that the original KotOR ending left some people in a right flare...

I myself hated it because it was such a Clich'e...

I have come across moments that I haven't seen in any RPG, save perhaps for Torment. Some of the opportunities the game gives you are priceless.

I'd break down why the story is better, but I try to be respectful of spoilers.

And it is possible to have a good story with a poor ending. I've seen plenty of good movies with bad endings (Last Samurai is a great example).

I maintain that KOTOR:2's dialogue and story is greatly improved from KOTOR, even if there isn't closure.

I havent yet played it but ive seen parts of it from my friend...

it looks much more in depth and although some may not like ambiguous endings it hink they need to open their eyes and read a series of books...

yeah... now the pain of ambiguity begins >.<