Xbox Live Downloadable Content

I had no idea about the Downloadable content being taken away, but when I rented the game I forgot about checking for content. Then after reading posts, its evident Obsidian has decided no more downloadable content. But I just read a article in Xbox Magizine that poses the question about it.

They said:

"What will the downloadable content be?"

It was in the verdict of KotOR 2 in Issue 40. Also, even if it was realeased without downloadable content, wasn't KotOR 1 released without downloadable content but then was somehow updated to have it. I only found out today about the Yavin Spaceport that was added to the game and Game Banshee stated that it was only for PC but then added to Xbox through Xbox Live. I have no idea how Kotor 1 got updateable content when there was none before but couldn't Obsidian do thge same thing?

I don't really understand the whole thing with Kotor 1 adding Yavin to xbox, but I'm assuming they didn't require you to purcahse a whole new game...

Well Kotor1 was Xbox Live enabled, meaning that they could add content at a later time. Kotor2 isnt Xbox Live enabled so it won't be possible to add content at a later time.

/sarcasm on

Why have K2 Xbox live enabled? I'm sure the devs have better things to do than to add new content and provide continous support to their game. Thats just asking too much. Besides, there are other games/projects to move onto. Who has time to linger in the past and code stuff for K2? I mean, lets just take the cash generated from the basic game and run!!

/sarcasm off

- dr cloak

Well Kotor1 was Xbox Live enabled, meaning that they could add content at a later time. Kotor2 isnt Xbox Live enabled so it won't be possible to add content at a later time.

/sarcasm on

Why have K2 Xbox live enabled? I'm sure the devs have better things to do than to add new content and provide continous support to their game. Thats just asking too much. Besides, there are other games/projects to move onto. Who has time to linger in the past and code stuff for K2? I mean, lets just take the cash generated from the basic game and run!!

/sarcasm off

- dr cloak

Would you people get over the extra content already... for christ sake their isnt any, get over it, move on... and do something more constructive than moan...

Tis the season, to shut the **** up and stop being such a whiney little bitch :)

/sarcasm on

/sarcasm off

- dr cloak

Would you people get over the extra content already... for christ sake their isnt any, get over it, move on... and do something more constructive than moan...

Tis the season, to shut the **** up and stop being such a whiney little bitch :)

Hehe

You remind me of a good friend of mine. Whenever I say something that would fall under the category of complaining, he would say "Get over it, move on" lol

Then one time, a few years ago, he broke his leg while shoveling snow in front of his house. When I went to see him, the first 10 minutes, he was complaining about the cast, lack of mobility, the pain, etc. Of course, you can guess what I said to him in response.

He wasn't too happy to hear it lol Lighten up dude.

- dr cloak

Is there the possiblity that LucasArts removed funding from the K2 project therefore meaning Obsidian would be working for nothing?

perhaps LucasArts simply said to Obsidian, get the Job done by X-mas 2004 and you will get paid...

Obsidian may of replied, do you want there to be any X-Box Live downloadable content?

And just maybe LucasArt's replied no?

Obsidian have a solid record and they are certainly not known for negligence or shoddy work.

ive been in this forum for a long time and the inside people we have met are lovely chaps and i really think they take their work seriously!

X-Box Live content would cost money to impliment, therefore i believe that LucasArts merely wanted preliminary Gross profit to sales revenue ratio's and didnt want any extra cost...