KotOR 2 reviews

Added Telefragged's review now.

Got to love this quote from the review:

"You'll wake up with amnesia - yes, this handy old Bioware-favorite plot element comes back - and must piece together what's happened not only in the days leading up to your predicament near the planet of Peragus, but in the five or so years since the events of the first game."

The amnesia curse strikes back :wub:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Added Telefragged's review now.

Got to love this quote from the review:

"You'll wake up with amnesia - yes, this handy old Bioware-favorite plot element comes back - and must piece together what's happened not only in the days leading up to your predicament near the planet of Peragus, but in the five or so years since the events of the first game."

The amnesia curse strikes back :)

Chris Avellone already responded to that in a post a while ago. I haven't played the game yet, so I can't personally give my view, but either a)it was confusing how it was written or b)these reviewers don't even bother playing the game and just see someone else mention the word "amnesia" and add it to their review. Because the OFFICIAL stance on this is that the PC does NOT have amnesia.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Added UGO's review, even though I didn't understand their score (and consequently didn't add it to the total).

"It's rare that a game makes you question your own morals and ideals, but this game actually does it. I have to give some major credit to Obsidian for actually accomplishing this in a morally open-ended game."

I liked the above-quoted bit :geek:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

That the reviewers don't even play the games they're supposed to be playing is a sad state of affairs, indeed. Aren't they supposed to be how consumers eventually come to a decision on buying certain products?

Also, it seems like some problem unrelated to programming is causing all these glitches, and it sounds pretty serious - bad discs, perhaps, or maybe they loaded a bunch of processes that seem to be overloading the X-box. It's already been confirmed by Akari, at least, that the FPS problems aren't graphics-engine related as much as they are process related.

Most of these problems I haven't ever experienced, and I can imagine that I've played the game just as much as - if not more than - any of the reviewers talking. A few things are fixed, actually - I have, not once, had the idiotic AI trip a mine as it went to disarm that very same one. This happened over and over again in the first game. Also, Mines can actually be lethal in this game, but that's a side issue.

I've had a couple of hard freezes, and after playing for quite a while, I had about three in a row. Not since then, though. I think I slipped through a door once, accidentally, when I was trying to open it - it opened behind me, so it wasn't a biggie.

I don't feel like they left the graphics alone - what an arrogant butt of a man. Halo 2 wasn't all that much of an improvement as it was made out to be, and it took FOUR YEARS to make.

I liked the gameplay a lot better. As late as the last planet, I was getting hit for 102 damage at a time occasionally, and with certain special ranged feats, a ranged character can really chop through Sith apprentices and the like. I've been having a lot of fun with my blaster Jedi, although she's not my main jedi. The turret mini-games I actually have fun doing, and you can skip through out-of-engine cinematics this time around. I never had a problem with excessive amounts of medpacs or the like - through to the end of the game, the number of med pacs in my inventory never went over 30. In fact, it usually stayed below twenty. What also shook up gameplay a bit was that you would sometimes take control of your other party members. The complaints I've seen were because people didn't like having to play someone other than their main uber-jedi character, which is fine - and if you don't like the idea, (it does add quite a bit of difficulty, by the way, even customizing the level ups like so) you won't like that aspect of the game, but there's nothing inherently bad about it. I would've liked a more solid approach to some of these encounters, though, because a couple of them felt unimportant, even if they were enjoyable.

The game really does make you re-think your alignment, but I would've liked more of that. The whole, "The Jedi's teachings are FLAWED" bit got pretty old and preachy after a while, and it would've been nice if they did more questioning than stating in this respect.

• 2 weeks later...
Here's one from GameCritics: GC

Wow, that was a sh1tty review. While the he had a point about the influence system, but his nagging about the graphics and performance almost made him sound like a crybaby.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The Green Plug - 01/16/05 - C /A+ - 6.5

Game Over Online - 01/13/05 - 89 /100 - 8.9

Game Freaks 365 - 01/13/05 - 9.4 /10 - 9.4

GameCritics.com - 01/12/05 - 6.5 /10 - 6.5

WHAM! Gaming - 01/12/05 - 8.7 /10 - 8.7

GMR - 01/08/05 - 9 /10 - 9.0

Talk Xbox - 01/04/05 - 9.3 /10 - 9.3

GamersMark - 01/03/05 - 8.7 /10 - 8.7

Electronic Gaming Monthly - 01/01/05 - 8.5 /10 - 8.5

Electronic Gaming Monthly - 01/01/05 - 7.0 /10 - 7.0

Electronic Gaming Monthly - 01/01/05 - 9.0 /10 - 9.0

CGN - Cyber Gaming Network - 12/29/04 - 4.0 /5 - 8.0

Xbox Core - 12/25/04 - 10 /10 - 10.0

Xbox Advanced - 12/22/04 - 9.1 /10 - 9.1

Official Xbox Magazine - 12/21/04 - 9.2 /10 - 9.2

eToychest - 12/21/04 - 83 /100 - 8.3

Gamezilla - 12/19/04 - 3 /3 - 10.0

GamesMaster [uK] - 12/15/04 - 93 /100 - 9.3

Yahoo! Games Domain - 12/13/04 - 9 /10 - 9.0

GamePro - 12/09/04 - 4.5 /5 - 9.0

GameSpy.com - 12/07/04 - 4.5 /5 - 9.0

1UP.com - 12/07/04 - 7.5 /10 - 7.5

GameSpot - 12/06/04 - 8.5 /10 - 8.5

TeamXbox - 12/06/04 - 9.2 /10 - 9.2

IGN.com - 12/03/04 - 9.3 /10 - 9.3

Maxim - 12/01/04 - 4 /5 - 8.0

Official Xbox Magazine UK - 11/28/04 - 9.3 /10 - 9.3

Average Press Score: 8.7

based on the 27 reviews above.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

http://www.superplay.se/ gave it a 9. The review is not posted on the net yet.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

• 2 weeks later...

PC version:

Gamespy: 4/5

IGN: 8.7/10

Gamespot: 8.5/10

Computer Gaming World 4.5/5

Play Magazine: 3.5/4

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy