Designer Ramblings: Romance

Yeah, but he'd still be your friend. My point exactly. ^_^

and...? i see no problem w/ that

The problem is that you don't see a problem with that. Your friend would disagree, though. I know I would, and I'm not that much of a weirdo. :p

It is true though, women end up with jerks.

Yep. The same way we guys are attracted to hot chicks, girls are drawn to guys who display certain 'alpha traits'. A lot of those traits are often found in jerks. Nothing wrong with following instinct. =]

my girlfriend and I were best friends first -- I'd say she's the love of my life.  And hey, if a girl can't see past you as a friend, don't bother -- if there's a real connection between two people, it'll happen.  No need to be a jerk at all, but don't be so nice it makes her sick.  ;)

There's a genetic factor to it, too. I don't believe in a cosmic or karmic or whatever connection. It all comes down to chemistry. Now I only have to find Teh Ultimate Formula... :ph34r:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Actually the type of women I am attracted to wouldn't be classified as "hot chicks."  I prefer a woman to have more of a classical look and be rather cerebral than the typical society's view of what is hot:  The brainless anerexic type.

I guess you live in a pretty weird society then. I (and most of the guys I know btw) think that the brainless anorexic type is absolutely NOT hot. We prefer women who are smart in the first place. Of course, she shouldn't be too ugly, but that goes for men too.

And how do you know if a woman is 'cerebral' or not without talking to her? Exactly, you can't. You know what I'm talking about Hades. Don't do it again, will ya? =]

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Sorry Hades but we still go over looks, a ugly duckling might became a swan but we are always going to look at the swan, not the duckling.

Also a lot of women act dumb because they percive (rightly) males like women that are not as smart as they are ... kinda a offset of the natural male protective instict.

drakron.png

Actually the type of women I am attracted to wouldn't be classified as "hot chicks."  I prefer a woman to have more of a classical look and be rather cerebral than the typical society's view of what is hot:  The brainless anerexic type.

its because youre old. admit it, bea arthur is your ideal woman. :p

i dont know if this "girls like jerks" thing works. i act like a jerk and im still single :(

Depends on what you define as fat.  As I said, I prefer the classical look over anerexic supermodels.  Disgustingly obese, no, but more than skin and bones.

So what (famous) woman in RL would you describe as with classical physical attributes, i.e. who do you you think is an attractive woman?

i dont know if this "girls like jerks" thing works.  i act like a jerk and im still single  :lol:

That statement just proves the opposite. I mean, you're not a jerk. If you were you would be probably flaming somebody rather than whining 'bout it. Congrats, you're not a jerk. :p

Well, that is your perogative, Drakon, but I prefer substance over surface value.  Also I find dumb women unattractive.

Again Hades goes off on a tangent. No, Hades. I'm not overly excited about skin and bones either. But that wasn't my point. What I meant is that as Drakon said, usually a girl will have to catch your eye before you move in for the kill. That's how it works. I have already heard your mind-over-matter speech so save it. No amount of of willpower can suppress an involuntary response.

And um, why do you always turn every topic into a discussion about yourself? :devil:

Depends on what you define as fat.  As I said, I prefer the classical look over anerexic supermodels.  Disgustingly obese, no, but more than skin and bones.

So what (famous) woman in RL would you describe as with classical physical attributes, i.e. who do you you think is an attractive woman?

Well, strictly speaking, classical looks is something like Botticelli's Birth of Venus, yet somehow I doubt that's what Hades meant.

Well, strictly speaking, classical looks is something like Botticelli's Birth of Venus, yet somehow I doubt that's what Hades meant.

Here Hades, enjoy :devil: :venus.jpg

hmmm...i need a guys opinion.

i was reading in teen vouge how most white girls feel they need to be skinny and most black girls feel they need to be curvy...so

skinny black girls? curvy white girls? what do you think???

In my opinion those teen magazines are the worse for kids. People should do whatever they should do to make themselves happy, as long as no laws are broken. If you are happy been skin and bones, go for it. If you are happy being plump then go for it. The only person you have to live with is yourself. Everyone else be damned.

OMG 15th century pr0n! :ph34r:

hmmm...i need a guys opinion.

i was reading in teen vouge how most white girls feel they need to be skinny and most black girls feel they need to be curvy...so

skinny black girls? curvy white girls? what do you think???

That depends on the guy. We're rather simple but not so simple as to not have different tastes. I prefer 'em more curvy than skinny, myself, but heh, after a few drinks I'm not too picky. :devil:

In my opinion those teen magazines are the worse for kids.  People should do whatever they should do to make themselves happy, as long as no laws are broken.  If you are happy been skin and bones, go for it.  If you are happy being plump then go for it.  The only person you have to live with is yourself.  Everyone else be damned.

i think you mis-interpret. the article was about girls who feel the need to fit the mold. i was wondering how much guys really care.