Merry Christmas!

If we explain every mystery by crafting something, then our world would not advance. I tend to believe in god, i don't believe in hell, and in alliens. And the bible is not made up.It is either true, or : i have heard that a part of our brains actually can create a state of mind, where we are likely to see things like visions, but we don't know they are creations of our mind, so some people may think they have contacted with the god, but that is just imaginary, or the reason for activating that part of the brain is due to god intervantion

There is hope beyond hope

Geez, how did this topic happen?

My knowledge on religion is virtually nil, so I won't say anything other than, religion gives strength and faith to some people to accomplish great works to benefit humanity. It also gives great power to those who seek to control the lives of others.

I'm sure all of you have seen or heard examples of this throughout your lives.

Hmm, now that I write this religion sounds like the Force!

Hey, this is a Star Wars forum after all.

;)

Religion does give strength to alot of people. But it also gave many more a reason to go to war, to murder to slaughter. We see it today still. religion has good sides but also many downsides.

Perhaps God(s) and life are the same like the snake eating it'self? One is part of the other? Hell I am no Theologist! Now look you made me do my Bindo impression!

That sounds star-warsy. They believe in the force which is generated by all living things.

Isn't it like budha or something?

Kind of, but the force would kick ass because like buddism it focus on the balance! Look around and see that most if not all things are balanced (though not always equally) in every part of life. Look if you want, that's me not shoving it down your throat, that's just my beliefs!

That religion has intrigued me, and I understand little about it. However, after reading ancient Chinese works like Monkey, I am struck by how Buddhism is slightly cruel. People seem to accept their lot in life because they believe that it is due to something (in the case of the misfortunate) horrible they did in a previous life, thus putting the fault of their own misfortune on themselves. And, of course, the patricians did something good and should be more revered because they were virtuous in a previous life. I may be mistaken, but it seems kind of cruel to me.

I call it Karmic retribution, but I don't believe in previous lives and that sort of bull, but it does indeed show that people need to take personal responsibility for themselves. Bhuddism takes it on a spiritual level, but I apply that on a more physical and mundane level. If your life is crap you can only blame yourself. If you don't like it, change it.

If we explain every mystery by crafting something, then our world would not advance. I tend to believe in god, i don't believe in hell, and in alliens. And the bible is not made up.It is either true, or : i have heard that a part of our brains actually can create a state of mind, where we are likely to see things like visions, but we don't know they are creations of our mind, so some people may think they have contacted with the god, but that is just imaginary, or the reason for activating that part of the brain is due to god intervantion

The Bible is most certainly false. Check out Genesis 4:17. The son of the first man, Cain, leaves to create a son, Enoch.... with his wife. How can he find a wife somewhere else when he is the descendent of the first man?

My knowledge on religion is virtually nil, so I won't say anything other than, religion gives strength and faith to some people to accomplish great works to benefit humanity. It also gives great power to those who seek to control the lives of others.

;)

Religion does give strength to alot of people. But it also gave many more a reason to go to war, to murder to slaughter. We see it today still. religion has good sides but also many downsides.

Exactly an example of balance between to things!

I really disagree with blaming religion for anything .. it's what YOU put into it, and YOU are responsible for what you take out as well.. if you kill someone over religion the choice was yours! and your own fault .. religion isn't even responsible for all the good done it it's name either! it's free will that's to blame ..

Fortune favors the bald.

;)

Exactly an example of balance between to things!

I see your point. and it's a valid one in many cases, but the slaughter far outwieghts the good. At least that what i think.

I really disagree with blaming religion for anything .. it's what YOU put into it, and YOU are responsible for what you take out as well.. if you kill someone over religion the choice was yours! and your own fault .. religion isn't even responsible for all the good done it it's name either! it's free will that's to blame ..

I didn't write that it was the religions fault, i wrote that religion gave men something to use when fighting. Example: the 30th war. That was about religion they said. Yeah, right. today: the suicide bombers think they'll go to heaven for blasting up children.

Religion is too easy to use in a bad way. You can brainwash people using it. Yeah, it's the peolpes fault but religion is a very powerful and dangerous tool in the wrong hands. (yeah, i qouted like every movie out there)

And women i think were too minor at those times in hebrewic society to be worthy to mention(no sex offence)

Apprantly Eve wasn't the first women, Another (who's name I forget) was created and it had something to do with submissiveness (partly in sex) that she was scraped by God and Eve was created from Adams Rib! Sexist or What?

True the slaughter does outweigh the kindness of the world!

Religion is simply another mean to control the masses!

Cause many are willing to accept suffering now in reward for a better life in after life.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I am an amateur Theologist.  Religious Studies was my minor at the University.  Of all the religions I have studied I hate Christianity the most, though each one have certain level of dislike except for Bhuddism.  I just can't hate a bhuddist.

That religion has intrigued me, and I understand little about it. However, after reading ancient Chinese works like Monkey, I am struck by how Buddhism is slightly cruel. People seem to accept their lot in life because they believe that it is due to something (in the case of the misfortunate) horrible they did in a previous life, thus putting the fault of their own misfortune on themselves. And, of course, the patricians did something good and should be more revered because they were virtuous in a previous life. I may be mistaken, but it seems kind of cruel to me.

Exactly, that's the point! But normally, when someone from Western culture starts to follow a foreign religion (like Buddism), he only absorbs the "good parts" and ignores all the other countless "holy crap" this religion (like every other religion as well, of course) has.

I call it Karmic retribution, but I don't believe in previous lives and that sort of bull, but it does indeed show that people need to take personal responsibility for themselves.  Bhuddism takes it on a spiritual level, but I apply that on a more physical and mundane level.  If your life is crap you can only blame yourself.  If you don't like it, change it.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

It clearly states in Leviticus that you may not consummate marriage with his sister (21:17).

I would also point out that if the Bible is true, God proclaimed in Leviticus that "If a man lies with a man as with a woman, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."

God Himself said this to his people. I guess if the Bible is true, you better go out and enforce this law by killing homosexuals.

Cause many are willing to accept suffering now in reward for a better life in after life.

simple psychology says that noone does anything that doesn't benfit them one way or the other .. so again, religion is not to blame .. but the people who let themselves be controlled!

Fortune favors the bald.

simple psychology says that noone does anything that doesn't benfit them one way or the other .. so again, religion is not to blame .. but the people who let themselves be controlled!

Well people are afraid if religion is telling them they gonna go to hell.

It clearly states in Leviticus that you may not consummate marriage with his sister (21:17).

I would also point out that if the Bible is true, God proclaimed in Leviticus that "If a man lies with a man as with a woman, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."

God Himself said this to his people. I guess if the Bible is true, you better go out and enforce this law by killing homosexuals.

Hitler *COUGH* nazis *COUGH*

Hitler *COUGH* nazis *COUGH*

So Hilter was Godsent?? :ph34r: