Merry Christmas!

Well people are afraid if religion is telling them they gonna go to hell.

because they want to believe it .. you can't blame the gun for killing the man .. you blame the man holding the gun!

Fortune favors the bald.

I do believe you can blame religion, to a great extent. Religion's prime goal (other than keeping the priest caste in power, in ancient times) is to supplant empathy with religious dictates. It mobilizes the masses to commit actions they would normally not commit because they know it is wrong.

Religion is simply another mean to control the masses!

Cause many are willing to accept suffering now in reward for a better life in after life.

simple psychology says that noone does anything that doesn't benfit them one way or the other .. so again, religion is not to blame .. but the people who let themselves be controlled!

That is true Rosbjerg when you speak of the individual, but the masses are can be manipulated or decieved very easy. that is exactly what hitler did. have you seen how much the people loved him, the girls fell in love with him. he was extremely good at manipulating and deceiving

It clearly states in Leviticus that you may not consummate marriage with his sister (21:17).

I would also point out that if the Bible is true, God proclaimed in Leviticus that "If a man lies with a man as with a woman, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."

God Himself said this to his people. I guess if the Bible is true, you better go out and enforce this law by killing homosexuals.

Hitler *COUGH* nazis *COUGH*

So Hilter was Godsent?? :ph34r:

Should have elaboratedthat a little more :)

No, he was sick and should not have been born. I meant that hitler did that, exterminate homosexuals, jews, poles, russians and so on.

It clearly states in Leviticus that you may not consummate marriage with his sister (21:17).

I would also point out that if the Bible is true, God proclaimed in Leviticus that "If a man lies with a man as with a woman, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."

God Himself said this to his people. I guess if the Bible is true, you better go out and enforce this law by killing homosexuals.

Hitler *COUGH* nazis *COUGH*

So Hilter was Godsent?? :ph34r:

Should have elaboratedthat a little more :)

No, he was sick and should not have been born. I meant that hitler did that, exterminate homosexuals, jews, poles, russians and so on.

Gennocide can not be put into a positive light, is sick and wrong! Full stop"

I don't believe in manipulation .. People always have the choice .. but I see you point, I just don't agree .. and neither do you with me so I guess this discussion is rather futile! :)

Well people believed that their "sins" could be forgiven by Pope, simply by bying some papers. :)>_<

Religion has a powerful effect on people, especially on the less educated ones.

P.S. I was joking about Hitler... ;)

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I don't believe in manipulation .. People always have the choice .. but I see you point, I just don't agree .. and neither do you with me so I guess this discussion is rather futile! :)

There might always be a choice, yet due to manipulation and deceit people might never realize they have that choice.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Not exactly, because he believed in what he did, and he was almost democratically elected. He is the person that inspired Lucas of The Emperor i think

But he did manipulate and lie. 80% of the populace had no idea what was going on. Including the wehrmacht(german armed forces) and even many in the SS didn't know.

I don't believe in manipulation .. People always have the choice .. but I see you point, I just don't agree .. and neither do you with me so I guess this discussion is rather futile! >_<

i see your point too, but i don't agree.

So let us agree that we don't agree. cheers :D :)

I do believe you can blame religion, to a great extent. Religion's prime goal (other than keeping the priest caste in power, in ancient times) is to supplant empathy with religious dictates. It mobilizes the masses to commit actions they would normally not commit because they know it is wrong.

true .. 1000 years ago .. not today .. most religions today focus heavily on compassion and respect for those around you! but people can twist the words of the religion to their needs, true .. I just don't see how you can blame religion for that!

that's like saying the car is evil because some people use it to kill others with!

Fortune favors the bald.

true .. 1000 years ago .. not today .. most religions today focus heavily on compassion and respect for those around you! but people can twist the words of the religion to their needs, true .. I just don't see how you can blame religion for that!

that's like saying the car is evil because some people use it to kill others with!

I never quite understood why then nations always call for god to pretect them in war.

Surely some people are taking advantage of religion to accomplish their own means.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I never quite understood why then nations always call for god to pretect them in war.

Surely some people are taking advantage of religion to accomplish their own means.

yes they do .. but how can you blame religion for that?? seriously .. how? I just can't see it ..

Fortune favors the bald.

Gennocide can not be put into a positive light, is sick and wrong! Full stop"

What the? did i put it in a positive light? NO!!!!!!! read the post thouroghly!!!

I might not saying you did! Sorry if I implied that because I didn't think that, I just saying that, that's all!

Or people want to ignore the problem they just would do anything about it! It's the old "What can one man do excuse!" Which is really pathetic!

1000 years ago, but not today???!!! So Bush saying that god was advising him to invade Iraq is not? I didn't say I blame religion as a malevolent, self-conscious force, but it is a tool nontheless. You cannot blame cigarettes either, but they facilitate the problem.