how strong is a jedi?

George Lucas decided so in idiotic Phantom Menace crap that contradicted EU vision of the Jedi. Later lamers from Bioware adapted some rules of prequel Jedi and presented them in KOTOR - that's why KOTOR is wrong. 4000 years ago Jedi had children and mates and there were entire Jedi clans (Qel-Droma clan, Diath clan, Sunrider clan etc)

That is very good info. Man, i never knew that... George likes to contrdict everyone (including himself). I always thought that it was Luke who thought the idea of not beiing allowed to love was BS and changed it.

You never stop learning do you? ^_^

No. :devil:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

George Lucas decided so in idiotic Phantom Menace crap that contradicted EU vision of the Jedi. Later lamers from Bioware adapted some rules of prequel Jedi and presented them in KOTOR - that's why KOTOR is wrong. 4000 years ago Jedi had children and mates and there were entire Jedi clans (Qel-Droma clan, Diath clan, Sunrider clan etc)

This is the dumbest thing I've heard you say since I've been on these boards. I just can't see how you wouldn't give precedence to George Lucas over one of those really crappy EU writters, especially since the EU contradicts itself much more than the movies, especially at face value.

I keep trying to think of a case where a parasite is given precedence over its host and the host doesn't die eventially, but that just doesn't work.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Your opinion only.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Sometimes George has good ideas, sometimes EU. It depends.

Anyway EU was first. Authors shown us Jedi in good way and later George jumped with his fascist-like Prequel Jedi

In contrary to most fans I don't hate Jarjar. I hate idiotic vision of the Jedi in prequels (although I like prequels very much).

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

This is the dumbest thing I've heard you say since I've been on these boards. I just can't see how you wouldn't give precedence to George Lucas over one of those really crappy EU writters, especially since the EU contradicts itself much more than the movies, especially at face value.

I keep trying to think of a case where a parasite is given precedence over its host and the host doesn't die eventially, but that just doesn't work.

um george is contradicting himself whatever. children arent just 'born' with fore ability some of it is heriditary, lucas has said so much himself, therefore the jedi obviously married etc otherwise there would be far less jedi than there were/are.

therefore your analagy with the parasite is moot. get your facta right

I won't comment on who's right or wrong, but personally i think that Nur Ab Sal and GarethCarrots both make good points. especially the one about the force being hereditary. It doesn't make sense that jedi can't love and so on, since most of them must have had a parent who was forcesensitive (therefore probably a jedi). Very few were not jedi i'd imagine. But that's George for you. He's a genious but also a little forgetful(?) or something...

Well, whadda ya know, i guess i was partiall in this afterall :thumbsup:" ;)

Well I so far don't really like the prequals, but I just don't believe in letting the cart get before the horse.

The EU does have some good point to it and obviously we'd be dealing in a much smaller less developed Star Wars if not for there contributions(more on Lucas's shoulders for not writting it himself then anything really groundbreaking) but I can't deny lucas authority over his own intellectual property.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

um george is contradicting himself whatever. children arent just 'born' with fore ability some of it is heriditary, lucas has said so much himself, therefore the jedi obviously married etc otherwise there would be far less jedi than there were/are.

This a child could explain away, not everyone force sensitive is a jedi

Oh?

Explain "Dark Lord of The Sith" that is Vader title, not the Emperor title then ...

Geoge contradict himself.

It was not widely known throughout the galaxy that the Emperor was a force user at all. That dude in a new hope who mocks vader's "sorceror's ways" certainly wouldn't have done so if he had known he was blaspheming the emperor's beliefs as well. Aside from obi-wan, yoda, vader, and the emperor's personal guard it may have been completely unknown.

If no one knew about the emperor's sithness, then Vader would have been assumed to be Dark Lord of the Sith as the (supposed) last force user in the galaxy-a myth that Palpatine would favor.

Or this could all be defacto justification for the fact that Lucas never had a "definitive vision" for the star wars universe and has simply been improvising.

Well I so far don't really like the prequals, but I just don't believe in letting the cart get before the horse.

The EU does have some good point to it and obviously we'd be dealing in a much smaller less developed Star Wars if not for there contributions(more on Lucas's shoulders for not writting it himself then anything really groundbreaking) but I can't deny lucas authority over his own intellectual property.

Agreed. Lucas created this whole thing, so it's his universe after all. Your liking or disliking a certain part, doesn't mean it's 'wrong'. It's Lucas' opinion that counts after all, and if some EU works get thrashed in the way, well, they knew what they were risking when they chose to work on someone else's universe.

I still am not convinced that the prequel masters are weak compared to the Jedi of the NJO era. Some of the things in the EU are just lame, and would never make it into a movie. They need to write that kind of stuff to set themselves apart from other authors and attract readers.

Or this could all be defacto justification for the fact that Lucas never had a "definitive vision" for the star wars universe and has simply been improvising.

I tend to favor that option. Maybe he didn't decide about having the Emperor be the ultimate Sith Lord until after giving Vader his title. I don't even know up to what point the Sith are an EU invention, either.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

This a child could explain away, not everyone force sensitive is a jedi

most ppl hu r force sensitve hav force sensitive relatives, so what if a child could explain it, i am a child

That and the initual compromises he had to make to get the original films made

Sometimes George has good ideas, sometimes EU. It depends.

Anyway EU was first. Authors shown us Jedi in good way and later George jumped with his fascist-like Prequel Jedi

In contrary to most fans I don't hate Jarjar. I hate idiotic vision of the Jedi in prequels (although I like prequels very much).

well, george calls the shots, whether we like it or not. whatever he says, goes.

If no one knew about the emperor's sithness, then Vader would have been assumed to be Dark Lord of the Sith as the (supposed) last force user in the galaxy-a myth that Palpatine would favor.

Problem, the Sith are belived to be gone for over 1000 years and the Jedi never disclosed what they knew in Ep I.

Also Vader title meant little outside the Sith Organization and Palpatine was Vader Master.

Unless George explains why Vader have that title he messed up with his own work, the rule-of-two was his own creation and a needless one (along side with "Anakin is Jesus" and teenage elected Queens ... )

Bingo.

drakron.png

I think George is just making it up as he goes along... which is his prerogative, it's his work after all.

And how strong are Jedi?

Well, I heard that there was this Jedi who was eating at a diner. And when some dude dropped a spoon the Jedi killed the whole town!

And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I think George is just making it up as he goes along... which is his prerogative, it's his work after all.

And how strong are Jedi?

Well, I heard that there was this Jedi who was eating at a diner. And when some dude dropped a spoon the Jedi killed the whole town!

And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!

I never seem to get tired of real ultimate power lol :D

Oh?

Explain "Dark Lord of The Sith" that is Vader title, not the Emperor title then ...

Geoge contradict himself.

The title of Dark Lord of the Sith, is for both the Emperor, and Vader. Because of the Rule of Two, both Sith have the title, Darth(Vader and Sidious), and Lord of the Sith...unless someone likes to correct me?

Logic contradicts that.

There is only two Sith since Lucas come up with that, Vader is Sith as Palpatine is Sith.

One is the "Dark Lord of The Sith" and the master as the other could even be a Sith Lord but he is the apprendice and never be the "Dark Lord".

Sith Lord and Dark Lord of the Sith are not the same thing.

drakron.png

The title of Dark Lord of the Sith, is for both the Emperor, and Vader. Because of the Rule of Two, both Sith have the title, Darth(Vader and Sidious), and Lord of the Sith...unless someone likes to correct me?

There can be only one Dark Lord at a time.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

I see a lot of differences in the strength of jedi in early EU versus prequel jedi. there is absolutely no reason that that many jedi should've fallen to those damn droids on gensosis, none. you wouldn't have seen that crap happen to the sith if they were still around.

same goes for the jedi in the 'republic' series. i think on jabim, they were tryin to keep the separitist force from enclosing the launch pad and im talkin bout those jedi kids got wiped the hell out by COMMONERS and droids. in my opinion these early jedi are gettin soft.

part of the reason to blame are these punk-ass jedi masters. ur a keeper of damn peace, guardin and justice and all that crap and ur not prepared for war? that's why the jedi are always getting their asses handed to 'em, everytime something big pops up they ain't ready for it because they're always in their temples meditating to the force instead of ingnitin' the lightsaber and practicin. it's their philosophy that holds them back.

lightsaber only for defense...haha, they won't last a minute in war, as we've seen already. and another thing, they'll never take anybody past a certain age. that's holding them back, now they're discriminating (lol), that's why when it's time to get dirty their numbers are always low because they don't have any damn body. you got all these people turnin to the dark side who were being trained since child hood, apparently its not gonna make a difference if it's more of a risk if they turn to the dark side as adults, dark side is dark side dammit. you guys always get the short end of the stick because when someone does go to the darkside you don't have enough people to replace him, and he ends up wipin out half the jedi order which is all too recurrent in star wars (kun, ulic, anakin, etc...)

I see a lot of differences in the strength of jedi in early EU versus prequel jedi. there is absolutely no reason that that many jedi should've fallen to those damn droids on gensosis, none. you wouldn't have seen that crap happen to the sith if they were still around.

same goes for the jedi in the 'republic' series. i think on jabim, they were tryin to keep the separitist force from enclosing the launch pad and im talkin bout those jedi kids got wiped the hell out by COMMONERS and droids. in my opinion these early jedi are gettin soft.

part of the reason to blame are these punk-ass jedi masters. ur a keeper of damn peace, guardin and justice and all that crap and ur not prepared for war? that's why the jedi are always getting their asses handed to 'em, everytime something big pops up they ain't ready for it because they're always in their temples meditating to the force instead of ingnitin' the lightsaber and practicin. it's their philosophy that holds them back.

lightsaber only for defense...haha, they won't last a minute in war, as we've seen already. and another thing, they'll never take anybody past a certain age. that's holding them back, now they're discriminating (lol), that's why when it's time to get dirty their numbers are always low because they don't have any damn body. you got all these people turnin to the dark side who were being trained since child hood, apparently its not gonna make a difference if it's more of a risk if they turn to the dark side as adults, dark side is dark side dammit. you guys always get the short end of the stick because when someone does go to the darkside you don't have enough people to replace him, and he ends up wipin out half the jedi order which is all too recurrent in star wars (kun, ulic, anakin, etc...)

sound DS to me .. ;)

But somehow they always win in the end? remember this is all written stories by other people, the jedi are exactly as strong as the writer wants them to .. and it's common practice to make the bad guy alot stronger than anyone else, so the hero needs to develop his skilled to face him! everyone stagnates (from a strenght perspective) in times of peace because you can't always train for a war you don't know will come .. its better to meditate on the matters at hand! so I think the Jedi-order is fine, because when the need arises some hero will take up the challenge and ultimately save the galaxy .. that's the way it is! because thats how the stories are ..

Fortune favors the bald.