How on earth can we make use of all these skills?

Okay now in KOTOR too many skills were useless- awareness being the most pointless of all, there being no stealthed enemies for you to see.

But now it seems every skill has a great use

Awareness- used in conversations

Repair- to build upgrades

Treat injury- to determine your characters regeneration rate.

Security- to hack into terminals and access new side-quests.

Persuade- to keep party-members alligned with you.

Demoltions- have been said to add damage to grenades and mines.

computer use- to access more information for xp

stealth- you can see conversations/cutscenes you wouldn't normally

Now if all these skills are important how can we possibly get high ratings on any of them if we need them all? In KOTOR you could ignore security (just bash doors), awareness (useless anyway) and demolitions (you can heal yourself after setting off a mine easily).

It seems TSL will have too many skills we actually want, so we will end up splitting skill points between all 8, and then not being high enough in any of them to actually make full use of them.

I only hope we get a LOT of skill points. More than 8 per level or we'll never get anywhere with the skills. Looks like Sentinel will become more valuable.

What do you think?

Replayability? Now you can play through various times to maximize usage of all these skills but at different times.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

There must be MANY things you don't like about the game then.

And since I've been in these forums all I see is you complaining about this or that.

You may be right in some of your points, but you are over doing it.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Boy this gets old. Hades complaining about things he doesn't like, and pretty much all the other users complaining about Hades complaining. OMG... :-

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Awareness- used in conversations

Repair- to build upgrades

Treat injury- to determine your characters regeneration rate.

Security- to hack into terminals and access new side-quests.

Persuade- to keep party-members alligned with you.

Demoltions- have been said to add damage to grenades and mines.

computer use- to access more information for xp

stealth- you can see conversations/cutscenes you wouldn't normally

I would give Repair, Secruity, Demolitions, and Computer use to the droids in your party. For the PC I would give him(or her) persuade, awareness, and maybe stealth. For treat injury I wouldnt give that to anyone I would just give a jedi on the team the Heal force power.

I would give Repair, Secruity, Demolitions, and Computer use to the droids in your party.  For the PC I would give him(or her) persuade, awareness, and maybe stealth.  For treat injury I wouldnt give that to anyone I would just give a jedi on the team the Heal force power.

If you thought Heal was cheese, wait until you see Master Heal. :ph34r:

Now I'm thinking, the devs have said that at some points in the game, you might be playing only with NPCs. This could mean as well that you could be forced to play with a team composed of non-Jedi entirely. It would suck if you found yourself with no one able to use a medkit properly wouldn't it? :devil:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Boy this gets old. Hades complaining about things he doesn't like, and pretty much all the other users complaining about Hades complaining. OMG... :-

You forget another part of this "cycle". That being, someone makes a comment about it getting old. :devil:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You forget another part of this "cycle". That being, someone makes a comment about it getting old. :devil:

LOL

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Boy this gets old. Hades complaining about things he doesn't like, and pretty much all the other users complaining about Hades complaining. OMG... :devil:

well hey everyones got to be good at something and Hades just happens to be good at starting debates... or arguements depending on how you want to look at it. :(" :D

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Boy this gets old. Hades complaining about things he doesn't like, and pretty much all the other users complaining about Hades complaining. OMG... :wacko:

You forget another part of this "cycle". That being, someone makes a comment about it getting old. :wub:

BWAAHAAAHAAAAA! (w00t)

Don't forget the part where Hades' sarcasm seems to mysteriously get lost in the translation of some dim-witted poster, who then constructs a lenghty lecture on the moral ambiguity of hypocrisy.

Later someone equally dim-witted suggests the use of [sarcasm] tags.

Repeat x5

:ph34r:

manthing2.jpg

Ouch, this is not good if i am dependent on them, usually if i play DS i always have presuade high since they more about deceit and trickery than jedi.

Come to think of it i actually always have decent persuade with LS to since they about avoiding conflict when possible.

I hope they consider adding at least 2-3skills per lvl instead of the 1-2 you got in kotor, since it is not affordable to raise int high.

Since you need decent str to hit, good wisdom/charisma for force powers and persuade and con for survivability.

If developers dont give ous more points at least give ous 2-4stat points to spend to gain it.