Your lightsaber...

i could care less about the PC's lightsaber, just gimme one. im pretty sure that your gonna fight some sith on the first planet or somewhere 5-6 hours in the game (much like the time frame when you got a lightsaber in the first game).

You have to remember that Obsidian is shooting for the same length as the first game. I though that the original Kotor was gonna be super long. BG2 in length. I rushed and did barely any sidequests, not even big interesting ones. You can imagine how disapointed I was when I beat the game in 20 hours. Rather than the 30-40 I could have gotten out of it.

I like the theory of the PC's lightsaber being given to you by Revan. That would be so sweet :blink: .

I also wonder if the PC's lightsaber is predetermined or will you get to choose if it is single, double or duel bladed. Most likely single if predetermined.

Wouldn't that mean Revan would have to make an appearance relatively early in the game? Otherwise you'd be without a powerful lightsaber for most of the game since I'm hoping that Revan's appearance will coincide with a climactic part of the game (ie. 3/4 of the way thru, much like the "revelation" in KOTOR1 aboard the Leviathan).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If light saber you wield is special or our old one to say at least, wouldnt that mean it is generitic, for it to match you weapon skill.

So if you use 1hand or 2hand it wouldnt matter in the sense of being able to use it?

If not i fear i might to give up my passion for Dual bladed saber.

There is good reason why it wasn't really rare before; you were part of the Jedi AND fought against the Sith. It would be reasonable for you to pick up some lightsabers. However, the Jedi is all but gone now, and the Sith (at least it seems in the beginning), aren't going to give you any free gifts. :geek:

Wouldn't that mean Revan would have to make an appearance relatively early in the game?  Otherwise you'd be without a powerful lightsaber for most of the game since I'm hoping that Revan's appearance will coincide with a climactic part of the game (ie. 3/4 of the way thru, much like the "revelation" in KOTOR1 aboard the Leviathan).

:geek: That's not exactly what I meant. I meant that the reason why the lightsaber is special is because Revan gave it to you during the Mandalorian Wars as a sign of his admiring your courage and fighting ability or bravery etc.

But I agree with your wanting to meet up with Revan at a climatic part of the game. The action is getting thick and you are almost done with whatever your mission is and... BOOM here comes the man, the myth, the legend REVAN!!! (w00t)

Wouldn't that mean Revan would have to make an appearance relatively early in the game?  Otherwise you'd be without a powerful lightsaber for most of the game since I'm hoping that Revan's appearance will coincide with a climactic part of the game (ie. 3/4 of the way thru, much like the "revelation" in KOTOR1 aboard the Leviathan).

;) That's not exactly what I meant. I meant that the reason why the lightsaber is special is because Revan gave it to you during the Mandalorian Wars as a sign of his admiring your courage and fighting ability or bravery etc.

But I agree with your wanting to meet up with Revan at a climatic part of the game. The action is getting thick and you are almost done with whatever your mission is and... BOOM here comes the man, the myth, the legend REVAN!!! (w00t)

I also like the idea of Revan giving you a special lightsaber in recognition of your leadership and heroism in the Mandalorian Wars.

Maybe the lightsabre heightens your connection to the Force, giving your more Force points/Force regeneration points?

I don't think it will be a gift from anyone. If Revan/PC were still light during the Mandalorian War, they probably considered lightsabers just tools, so there is no point in awarding the PC a tool. Remember all that Jedi-aren't-supposed-to-have-attachments babbling. Furthermore, if the PC was powerful enough to catch Revan's eye, he should have no problems building his own lightsaber.

I myself don't like much the idea of having an uber special saber, it seems a bit cheesy. I'd settle for a unique hilt model (a la Malak).

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I don't think it will be a gift from anyone. If Revan/PC were still light during the Mandalorian War, they probably considered lightsabers just tools, so there is no point in awarding the PC a tool. Remember all that Jedi-aren't-supposed-to-have-attachments babbling.

But there was also 'Councilmember Simon Says: Don't fight the Mandalorians!' and Revan and the PC did, so I don't imagine them listening to the Jedi code a lot.

I think it took to long in K1 before you finally got your own lightsaber and forcepowers.  :-  I just hope it doesn't takes that long in K2 o:)

Actually, I hope it is just as long if not longer to get yourlightsaber. It feels so good to get you lightsaber when you play JO or K1 because you accomplished so much to get it.

That image gave me goose bumps. :">

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think it took to long in K1 before you finally got your own lightsaber and forcepowers.  :rolleyes:  I just hope it doesn't takes that long in K2 o:)

Actually, I hope it is just as long if not longer to get yourlightsaber. It feels so good to get you lightsaber when you play JO or K1 because you accomplished so much to get it.

You are right, it feels good, but in KotOR 1, when you started the game, you where a non-jedi class. This means being at least proficient in at least one weapon you could use during the Taris part of the game.

In KotOR 2 you start out as a jedi, so I think it's a waste of feats to improve your non-lighstsaber weapon feats. Because after you get your lightsaber you'll probably never use other weapons.

Or, you could let a partymember do all the fighting for you, but since your first partymembers probably will be t3, Kreia and Atton, you'll have a lack of melee fight power, because somehow I don't see them as decent melee fighters.

I don't know who else joins your party before you find your lightsaber, but after 3 or 4 partymembers, I think you'll reach the point in the game where you get your lightsaber.

You are right, it feels good, but in KotOR 1, when you started the game, you where a non-jedi class.  This means being at least proficient in at least one weapon you could use during the Taris part of the game.

In KotOR 2 you start out as a jedi, so I think it's a waste of feats to improve your non-lighstsaber weapon feats. Because after you get your lightsaber you'll probably never use other weapons.

I understand what you are saying. But there were so many feats to pick from that did not concern lousy guns and what not. There were feats that added points to your persuade, security, etc etc. Plus there were the feats that you could get that were attacks and my personal favorites the Implants :) I can't wait to get those again.

with the lack of sabers in the beginning im gonna put points in unarmed and lightsaber so ill be good at saber when i get it

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

with the lack of sabers in the beginning im gonna put points in unarmed and lightsaber so ill be good at saber when i get it

Why put points on particular weapons Specialization Feats? There are other useful feats, too. And don't forget there are Single Weapon/Double Weapon Specialization and thei are absolute must. I don't think you'll get more than 4-6 feats until you get hold of your lightsaber. The time up till then will be perfect for non-combat feats like Conditioning. Considering all this, I'm not going to waste my points for weapon other than lightsaber.

i see ur point exar i just kinda wanna see what its like and then after that ill use my saber. besides we got like 40 levels to level up its not gonna kill me to try like level 1 unarmed. im not sure if ill even play unarmed yet its just an idea

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together