Ooh Unarmed Combat Viable

There is quite good MA feats in SW D20. The Teras Kasi Masters could get 4d4 damage unarmed together with a lot of neat MA/dodge feats. Though you need to be a soldier to be able to reach the MA prestige class at a lvl before lvl 12. :-

Care to tell me what sourcebook did you get that from? I'd really like to review a few things about unarmed combat, but I don't have the time to read ALL of them again. :)

The base book have Advanced MA, Improved MA, MA, Dodge and Defensive MA (+2 dodge bonus DEF).

Heroes Guide then add 3 feats to each of the styles of Echani (used by Emperior Palpatine's royal guards),K'thri (an old MA style from old republic used in some part as sport), Stava (Noghri fighting style), Teras Kasi (ancient art of MA) and Wrruushi (wookie MA style that take advantage of the wookie strenght).

The Heroes Guide also add the nice feats of Agile repose (if the one you use dodge miss you get an attack of oppertunity), Defencive Throw (if opponent you dodge miss you can immidiatly make an improved trip on him), Redirect Attack (if the opponent you dodge misses you can rederect it against another opponent within reach of you both), Stunning Strike (may attemp an stunning strike for each 4 lvls you have each day) and Unbalance Opponent (can during your action chose one opponent that is not allowed to use his STR-bonus on to hit vs you).

Atton will be using anarmed combat for sure...he's a very 'hands-on' type of guy. :lol:"

I wonder if all the hints about Atton's gayness will stop once the game is released.

My guess is they will get worse.

Attons not gay, he's just lonely. ;)

He is like party guy...

When he is hungry, he can swing both ways o:)

Heroes Guide then add 3 feats to each of the styles of Echani (used by Emperior Palpatine's royal guards),K'thri (an old MA style from old republic used in some part as sport), Stava (Noghri fighting style), Teras Kasi (ancient art of MA) and Wrruushi (wookie MA style that take advantage of the wookie strenght).

The Heroes Guide also add the nice feats of Agile repose (if the one you use dodge miss you get an attack of oppertunity), Defencive Throw (if opponent you dodge miss you can immidiatly make an improved trip on him), Redirect Attack (if the opponent you dodge misses you can rederect it against another opponent within reach of you both), Stunning Strike (may attemp an stunning strike for each 4 lvls you have each day) and Unbalance Opponent (can during your action chose one opponent that is not allowed to use his STR-bonus on to hit vs you).

Thanks. I knew I had read it somewhere. Well, seeing how complex those feats are compared to the standard CRPG combat, my guess is they are simply going to either give an unarmed character extra attacks, a defense bonus, or maybe stun attacks.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I hope that unarmed combat will be viable only on Peragus where weapons are forbidden. Unarmed attacks on guys with lightsabers/blasters are even more absurd than swords vs. lightsabers/blasters. :p

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Unarmed attacks on guys with lightsabers/blasters are even more absurd than swords vs. lightsabers/blasters.  >_<

Not in SW since it appears somebody thought that with the proper training, lightsaber blows can be deflected bare-handedly. Probably the same person who thought every sword is made of cortosis... :p

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Sorry I know pretty little of EU especially the Dark Horse comics except the first Dark Empire and Zahn's trilogy of books that first came out. However, those Teras Kasi do sound pretty formidable.

Anybody recognize which faction those red goggled black clad barehanded fighters you see in some of the screenshots. I notice Atton seems to be doing his fair share of bareknuckle fighting.

All of you really dont like SW do you <_<

Teras Kasi Masters could fight Jedi unarmed, im hoping we see a little of this faction incorporated in the game

That is what I am starting to think most of these people are just fans of the game, not star wars as a whole.

If A person can use the force to hold their dead body together... why can't they use it to block a lightsabre with their hands? If someoen is RLLY strong in the force they can do what they set their mind to.

I wonder what feats with improve hand-to-hand... maybe dua wielding? or dueling? maybe even flurry? :D

If A person can use the force to hold their dead body together... why can't they use it to block a lightsabre with their hands? If someoen is RLLY strong in the force they can do what they set their mind to.

The person you are talking about is an ultimate master of the force and has accidentally lost his lightsaber in combat.

Or he is unable to construct one.

I hope that unarmed combat will be viable only on Peragus where weapons are forbidden. Unarmed attacks on guys with lightsabers/blasters are even more absurd than swords vs. lightsabers/blasters.  :blink:

Ok, say you have your +2 Lightsaber, right? I have, my fist. You swing at my head. I move. I bash your face in. I win.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

I hope that unarmed combat will be viable only on Peragus where weapons are forbidden. Unarmed attacks on guys with lightsabers/blasters are even more absurd than swords vs. lightsabers/blasters.  :p

I think it probably is better then swords. Get in close so the fellow can't use the weapon properly and stay close while hitting him, and blocking by stoping the arms (not the lightsabre blade). :)

Sure. Only you don't need any force-using class levels to acquire the Ter

As I said, you are not reading. Those abilities have nothing to do with the Force, they are intended for soldier-type characters with no affinity with the force whatsoever.

The interesting part of parrying a lightsaber blow is the possibility to disarm the opponent wielding the lightsaber. If that's not what you are intent on, it's better to dodge the attack altogether. You can hardly disarm an opponent if you are holding his wrists. Furthermore, an attempt to grab an opponent's wrists would constitute a trip attack, and would trigger an attack of opportunity on your foe's part, while a parry would not. In the event of a successful parry, I believe you are given the chance to disarm your opponent, without allowing any attacks of opportunity upon yourself. I don't remember all the details because it's been a while since I last played PnP, so corrections are welcome.

What I write are simply the PnP rules, which supposedly are the base for the combat system of KotOR. What you write is what you believe is possible in a 'real SW' fight. Those are two very different things. But as I said before, the PnP combat system is too complex to be included in a CRPG, so I expect it to be simplified greatly, as it should.

Gosh, disarming sounds cool. Guess Jedi better know how to call back their lightsabers like Luke did. Is there any feat for martial artists to dodge thrown lightsabers? In KoToR, it is the one power that always hits and does damage against non-shielded opponents.

That's because the power has been made that way for KotOR. In the PnP throwing the lightsaber was treated as throwing any other object, so it was not a specific force ability. To throw a lightsaber, you did a ranged attack roll with the usual modifiers. If you failed the roll, the saber didn't impact, and that was about it. An example of this would be Vader missing Luke when he tossed his lightsaber and screwed that walkway instead in ROTJ. No 'automatic hit' and certainly not automatic critical. But then again, the Force power system in the D20 is way different and IMO wouldn't have worked out well for a CRPG.

I hope that unarmed combat will be viable only on Peragus where weapons are forbidden.

I thought only things that can cause a spark are forbidden.

EDIT: checked the site, and I'm correct. Blasters and explosives are forbidden.

A location where blasters and explosives are forbidden (and no lightsaber can be found) IS the only viable place for unarmed warriors.

The person you are talking about is an ultimate master of the force and has accidentally lost his lightsaber in combat.

Or he is unable to construct one.

talking about SION... duh? he has a lightsabre... im just saying if the force is capable of great things.. whats so hard to believe about unarmed?