Mandelore

Q:about Mandalor, Is that a genral tittle for now or is he the Mandalor.

A:He is the Mandalore.

That's not the same as:

is he was just a random Mandalorian or Mandalore.

You could be right,but by saying he was THE Mandalore the way he did made it sound to me that he is suppose to be THE charatcer Mandalore and just the current leader holding the title.

Mandalore was a title in existence way before The Sith War Comics. Mandalore's had been around or years. Yet it is true, there was once a guy named Mandalore who conquered a Planet and sector whom he would call the Mandalore Sector.

Canderous is NOT MANDALORE. A MANDALORE IS ALREADY BEEN ESTABLISHED IN KOTOR, AND IT PROBABLY THE SAME ONE WE SEE IN THIS GAME.

Mandalore is the Leader of ALL Mandalorians. So when the Dev said THE, he was making it known that this is the LORD OF ALL MANDALORIANS.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Mandalore is the Leader of ALL Mandalorians. So when the Dev said THE, he was making it known that this is the LORD OF ALL MANDALORIANS.

*Shrugs*The way it was answered seemed to suggest that it wasn't a title. Which if he was the Lord of Mandalorians and that was why he was called Mandalore,it would be a title.

Canderous is NOT MANDALORE. A MANDALORE IS ALREADY BEEN ESTABLISHED IN KOTOR, AND IT PROBABLY THE SAME ONE WE SEE IN THIS GAME.

Wasn't he defeated by Revan before the events of KOTOR? Wouldn't him returning be a continuity error? Or is this one of those Star Wars "a certain point of view" things, where "defeated" just means he lost, but wasn't killed?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Wasn't he defeated by Revan before the events of KOTOR? Wouldn't him returning be a continuity error? Or is this one of those Star Wars "a certain point of view" things, where "defeated" just means he lost, but wasn't killed?

A Mandalore was killed by Revan, then after the Mandalorian Wars another Arose.

I thought that the guy called Mandalore was THE leader, and his warriors were named after him. I didn't think it was a title such as Sith Lord or Jedi Master.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I thought that the guy called Mandalore was THE leader, and his warriors were named after him. I didn't think it was a title such as Sith Lord or Jedi Master.

the REAL Mandalore has never been known. In all sources it's a warrior who has taken his place. In the Sith War comics, that wasn't the guy named Mandalore, as it is with KOTOR-KOTOR2. There had been Mandalore's for years, it's a very special tradition for the Mandalorian Race. It's THE Mandalore, as in, Leader of all Mandalorians. When a Mandalore dies, another takes his place.

I think I'm gonna have to get my teaching stick out and start smacking the black board.

Again,my knowledge of Mandalorians and their history is limted,but it was used a title to show leadership of the Mandalorians. But there was also someone named Mandalor who was in the Exar Kun war and "died" on Dxun.

Between the answer and the fact that Dxun is a planet selction in this game it seems as if the character has pulled a Boba Fett. Least to me.

Again,my knowledge of Mandalorians and their history is limted,but it was used a title to show leadership of the Mandalorians. But there was also someone named Mandalor who was in the Exar Kun war and "died" on Dxun.

Between the answer and the fact that Dxun is a planet selction in this game it seems as if the character has pulled a Boba Fett. Least to me.

Yes a Mandalore of the time. Who was going to start a Crusade for he and his Mandalorian Clans, but that was halted when he wad beaten by Ulic and sweared his loyatly to him.,

This Mandalore was killed by the Beast of Onderon. Another Mandalorain took his place and became Mandalore.

(w00t) :p :D :ph34r: :lol:

Okay I'm a little confused by your one comment.

Was the Mandalorian in the Exar Kun war that then "died" on Dxun named Mandalore?

Because everyone else I've talked about this has said yes,you'd be first one to say other wise. :lol: :ph34r:

(w00t)  :p  :D  :ph34r:  :lol:

Okay I'm a little confused by your one comment.

Was the Mandalorian in the Exar Kun war that then "died" on Dxun named Mandalore?

Because everyone else I've talked about this with has said yes,you'd be first one to say other wise. :lol:  :ph34r:

Yes, but he is a TiTLE HOLDER. He is Mandalore, leader of the Mandalore Clans, Ruler of things Mandalorian. He isn't the first Mandalore, he is just one of the many Mandalore's who faught and died for honor and glory.

Wasn't so much concerned if he was the first or not,simply if the character's name was Mandalore. His title was because he was the leader,I got that. But the character's actual given name without the title is Mandalore? He must have had sick parents to name him that. :p

I know the title Mandalor means ruler but that there was a character who's name was Mandalore,that died on Dxun,that just happens to be some place you visit in this game PLUS the way the question was answered by Akari....

*Shrugs* Have to wait and see I guess.

Wasn't so much concerned if he was the first or not,simply if the character's name was Mandalore. His title was because he was the leader,I got that. But the character's actual given name without the title is Mandalore? He must have had sick parents to name him that. :p 

I know the title Mandalor means ruler but that there was a character who's name was Mandalore,that died on Dxun,that just happens to be some place you visit in this game PLUS the way the question was answered by Akari....

*Shrugs* Have to wait and see I guess.

Original Warrior was a guy named Mandalore, but the guy in TOTJ is a Title Holder. He is Mandalore( Think Szar or Ceasar) ruler of the Mandalorians. The Guy who died on Dxun was known as Mandalore, but that wasn't his name. A Mandalorian found the Mask, took the title. When he died during the Mandalorian Wars, another took the Mask and title, when he dies another will take his Mask and the of Mandalore.

It's not that hard to figure out.

No it's not,but you're the first person that I've talked to ever say his actual given name was not Mandalore. Hint the confusion I've been having. Everyone else I've talked to on the issue has told me the character who died on Dxun was named Mandalore,with or without the title.

Not really something I can debate knowing very little of the Mandalorians as a group.

*shrugs* If it wasn't his name then it changes the whole context of Akari's answer.

Still the fact that Dxun happens to a place you visit but could mean nothing at all.

Not really something I can debate knowing very little of the Mandalorians as a group.

*shrugs* If it wasn't his name then it changes the whole context of Akari's answer.

Still the fact that Dxun happens to a place you visit but could mean nothing at all.

Akari's comment was to show that this guy in the game is THE Mandalore, not just a Mandalorian. He is the leader of all Mandalorians.

The guy in TOTJ died. Killed by the Beast of Onderon.

Akari's comment was to show that this guy in the game is THE Mandalore, not just a Mandalorian. He is the leader of all Mandalorians.

However if there was a person named Mandalore,as I thought,that would seem to be pointing out a name and not a title. Again,where some of the confusion came in.

Boba Fett was dead at one point as well. Being killed off in a fictional world doesn't always mean you stay dead.

However if there was a person named Mandalore,as I thought,that would seem to be pointing out a name and not a title. Again,where some of the confusion came in.

Boba Fett was dead at one point as well. Being killed off in a fictional world  doesn't always mean you stay dead.

The Mandalore in TOTJ Died. He didn't have a 1000 year chance to blow out a hole in the ground.

Mandalore used to be a name, and now is a Title. Caesar was a name, it became a Title.

The Mandalore in TOTJ Died. He didn't have a 1000 year chance to blow out a hole in the ground.

Heh,second person to say that when I used the Fett example,the way in which he escaped wasn't my point.

Fett at one point was shown to have died,someone came along looked the info shown and with that created a story around the info that was shown to bring Fett back from the dead,authors do it all the time.

The same could be done,given the right author and idea,to save damn near anyone with in any fictional story,this character as well. The right idea could be worked with the info shown,to bring him back from the dead using what was shown to create something not shown and have them fit together.

Not that it happened in this case,but in fiction very few things are ever impossible.

Is the more room to work with in the case of Fett? Yes but easier in once case doesn't make the hader case impossible.

Boba Fett was dead at one point as well. Being killed off in a fictional world  doesn't always mean you stay dead.

Mandalore used to be a name, and now is a Title. Caesar was a name, it became a Title.

Caeser isn't a name! It was gaius Juillius! Caeser I think was a common name or a word for ruler, but it isn't a name! Perhaps patroitic mandalorian parents name the kids in honour of the idea of the strength of race by calling there kid Mandalore!

THE MANDALORE however is a title with rulership of the clans. The orginal mandalore was probably around way before Exar Kunn or any other sith and so the title past down by strength of will in combat, bravery (like getting the mask from Onderon) or in heiritance (if the guy from TOTJ came from a line of mandalores!) Canderous would not be mandalore but I personal think if the current mandalore died then he could become leader because let's face it! Canderous is nails!

Point is, that they don't need to bring back A Mandalore. A Mandalore is already established in KOTOR, and is probably the same one in this Game.

True they don't need too,and apparently I misunderstood some info so more then likely they're not...

But they could if they really wanted too. :blink: