ESRB Rating

the wound does cauterise(sp?) when u are cut with a saber thats why the only blood in a saber fight that we see is a little from maul

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Also in the OT as well the DVD's in the Cantina when Obi-wan slices the guy's arm off there's blood on the floor. I might be wrong but wasn't it edited out of the SE?

Anyway,sometimes it seems it does and others it doesn't. I'm not sure what the official stance is.

ESRB: Teen - Blood, Violence

http://lucasarts.com/games/swkotor_sithlords/#50

Okay Teen was figured,the Violence I understand but blood? Is there actually enough in the game that it needs to be placed in the reasons for the rating??

Blood? Oh ya we get a small amount of blood! :D

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Do you know the first shrek game? It was rated T! It's a freaking kids game! So because of that rating the game didn't sell.It was rated T for Comic Mischief and Mild Violence.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Also in the OT as well the DVD's in the Cantina when Obi-wan slices the guy's arm off there's blood on the floor. I might be wrong but wasn't it edited out of the SE?

Anyway,sometimes it seems it does and others it doesn't. I'm not sure what the official stance is.

Becuase of that it got rated PG istead of G, oh O :blink:

I thought Lightsabres caused little blood loss because the beam sealed the wound as it cut it off. So I don't understand the rating... although there should be limbs cut off here and there... or just a cut scene of that would be cool.

Well, something similar to Maul, where we see him fall down a pit in 2 halfs. 

When they show mauls face as he is being sliced in half, blood DOES splatter up from the bottom of the screen. It's quick, but it's there.

So much for the lightsaber sealing the wound

Of course there is some blood... my point is that its not insanely gratuitous because it seals up... If someone loses and limb or half a body from a saw or something theyre going to lose A LOT of blood... and most people know that Episode one wasn't the greatest in the series for keeping the story on track.

Get off my back... it's what lightsabre do. I didn't invent the idea, someone else did.

There should be ratings for videogames and I'm glad some stores strictly enforce them. As for dismemberment in Star Wars, when an arm/head/hand gets hacked off with a lightsaber there is no blood since the blade is so hot the wound instantly cauterizes. But I can't explain Episode IV when there is blood after Obi-Wan hacks that dudes arm off. Lets just call is lucas's lack of continuity.

Regular swords on the other hand is a whole different ball game. Showing dismemberment without getting too graphic would be tough and get awfully close to the M rating. Having an M rated Star Wars video game would be like having an R rated Star Wars movie, it would be unnecessary and would never happen. Remember, Star Wars is for the kiddies.

I think when you kill Sion sometime he will fell apart and there will be lots of blood on the floor...

Sounds plausible.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

There should be ratings for videogames and I'm glad some stores strictly enforce them.  As for dismemberment in Star Wars,  when an arm/head/hand gets hacked off with a lightsaber there is no blood since the blade is so hot the wound instantly cauterizes.  But I can't explain Episode IV when there is blood after Obi-Wan hacks that dudes arm off.  Lets just call is lucas's lack of continuity.

Regular swords on the other hand is a whole different ball game. Showing dismemberment without getting too graphic would be tough and get awfully close to the M rating.  Having an M rated Star Wars video game would be like having an R rated Star Wars movie, it would be unnecessary and would never happen.  Remember, Star Wars is for the kiddies.

Little kiddies, I don't know, teens yes, however that doesn't necessitate ratings, ratings are only in place to give political and religious leaders and bad parents a warm and fuzzy feeling. If parents took more responsibility raising their children these systems that only give more power to petty bureaucrats in the government would be totally unnecessary. Finally one of the other posters has already brought this up but in television series and movies even those designed for children much more is shown in the same ratings category then in video games which is IMO a despicable double standard.

I just wonder what the current rating means for the game

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.