Atris = Female Sith Lord

Meh, it's a fun idea, but there's no way I could ever take it seriously. Star wars is star wars - it follows pretty traditional good/bad views on the universe, and this would be a break from that flavor, that broke the flavor instead of adding more to it. I would see it as a definite bad sign, saying that Obsidian is oblivious to what star wars is. Go ahead and put that in some other story, but not here, not now.

While it's true that darksiders don't always wear black or anything simplistic as that, there is a general rule that bad characters will be tangibly bad - especially with Star Wars, though perhaps in not so many (and not so simplistic) words. Ben Kenobi was scary, and that surpassed expectations, especially when he turned out to be good. It was the same with Han Solo, more or less - were either of them dressed head-to-toe in black masks or robes, did either of them have nasty varicose veins sprouting over their naked skin? Were they almost always cast in dim lighting?

Ultimately, I think it's a cunning idea for being cunning, but not for a Star-Wars style twist. I could certainly see her having evil in her, in other words, but I can't imagine that she wouldn't at least PRETEND - for some portion of the game - to be good. And it doesn't make a whole lot of sense - unless the game has lots of game-time flashbacks - to put this alleged "queen" in her former skin on the cover of the game. You wouldn't randomly put Darh Malak as a six year old, looking real kind and sweet, instead of the massive metal face on the front of the first KotOR box, would you? Or would that be simply breaking the norm?

Atris is never even depicted in a "mean" way in all of her shots. What's with that interpretation anyway? Are people so rigid as to think the slightest agitation means darkside character? Mild agitation isn't really a determining factor, part of her personality though it might be, because anyone (even Luke, need I remind you) can show such agitation. Maybe she'll turn bad in the end, like Bastila did, but ultimately I think she'll be along the lines of a light-side poster girl like Bastila was. We don't really have any other candidates for depicting the eternal conflict, do we? Not on the cover anyway. Is TSL all about villains killing eachother? Wasn't one of the themes, "Bad things happen to good people?" This is star wars, and star wars isn't going to do that anytime soon.

Well, I guess you do learn something new everyday that.

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

wtf :lol: i thought atris was the good person!! why would she be using the best light jedi robe, the best blue sabre and she can kill you with her dOOm!!!!!!!!!!! MUAHAHHahahHAHhaa :) Uhhhhhhhhhhh

anyways... it's pretty obvious by the boxart she's lightside..... and if you keep talkin backwards like she is evil in the game.... then imma just throw crazy ideas back at you like maybe the masked sith lord is good -.-" understand now?? ya ya ya ya ya!!!

TACO TACO TACO TACO BURRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRrriIIIIITTTTTOOOOOOoooooooo

Coure is was, everyones posts are exciting :lol:

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

everyone go look at JEDIPODO's PIC!!! it has nothing to do with any of these threads and it's hojomilarious!

HMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm BURRiTO!!!!!!!1

Soooooo are the burrito's like.... well..... hmmm....

You guys seem to be forgetting something that could very easily make atris and MSG one in the same.

SHE"S SCHIZOPHRENIC! (sp?) Think about it, the devs said that sometimes characters would go out and do their own things, when atris goes out, YOU GET ATTACKED BY MSG!!!! IT'S SO OBVIOUS!!!! :D :ph34r: B)

Nah, they already said they weren't allowed to do things that would mess with our heads. To bad though, I like the Schitz idea. :)

You guys seem to be forgetting something that could very easily make atris and MSG one in the same.

SHE"S SCHIZOPHRENIC! (sp?) Think about it, the devs said that sometimes characters would go out and do their own things, when atris goes out, YOU GET ATTACKED BY MSG!!!! IT'S SO OBVIOUS!!!!  :D  :ph34r:  B)

:lol:

Whenever Superman saves the day Clark Kent is never around!! :lol::lol:

What if she like midway through the game (like the 'Revanalation' :lol: ), she busts out, and it turns out she was using her mastery of the force to mask her true appearance? i.e. A heavy wind starts flowing, her appearance changes into a regular old darkside user, hair flowing in the wind, robes swirling around her and turning black. I'm thinking like that one scene in Fellowship of the Ring? It would make a right dandy cutscene at least. :lol:

Nah, they already said they weren't allowed to do things that would mess with our heads. To bad though, I like the Schitz idea.

No, they said they wouldn't mess with the PC's head, not other characters. You gotta pay close attention to that stuff. I still say she's a schizo B)

Don't think so, although the idea is a good one. You can see her fighing a Sith in the cover and in wallpapers. I doubt they would make that character evil.

Maybe that can happen with Kreia.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

"It's also been said Atris' brother is the masked sith guys.

Maybe its a whole family of force users? "

By whom??n e proof.I never heard of anything like this

No proof. Just ideas people on the board have been throwing around.

I don't think we need another "I am your brother/father" line in star wars.

It was my idea quite a while ago, don't know if anyone thought of it before me though. I still think they are connected somehow, whether by family or 'old master who fell/apprentice' I don't know.