blocking lighting

just saw a pic in hypar of sion using lighting at atris, is she blocking it with her lightsabar, and if she is  does that mean in kotor2 you black lighting your with sabar like in  episond 2.

if some such thing was too happen in kotor 2 they would have to make it into a force power, if it was just automatic it would render force lightning useless against other force users. but having it as a force power is a cool idea, like with the first tier blocking some of the lightning, second deflecting it randomly and third reflecting it back at the attacker

" if some such thing was too happen in kotor 2 they would have to make it into a force power, if it was just automatic it would render force lightning useless against other force users. but having it as a force power is a cool idea, like with the first tier blocking some of the lightning, second deflecting it randomly and third reflecting it back at the attacker "

Yeah that would be ok...But then Force Lightning would be one less power i will have for my DS character...

I have learnt from somewhere that force crush can only be learnt from an NPC who already knows it. A special ability of there's.

I aint sure where i heard it, but i do know that some abilities can only be taught to the PC from party NPCs. Force Crush is an example of this. So you r gonna need to find the guy who can teach this to u.

On topic:

If the ability to block lightning is in game, it wont be automactic. That renders lightning obselete, so there is no point in having it.

It would most likely be something like Master Valour, that gives a temporary boost to something. (in this case the ability to block/resist lightning).

The LS power resist energy already does that doesn't it?

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

or perhaps her shoes allow her saber to block lightning,

Some sort of superpowered shoes?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

hmmm nice idea but  td prob end up with the makers of the wizard of oz claiming it was a rip off, and then make a game based completely on the magic

Don't mind Laozi, he likes mentioning something about shoes in every topic. One of those little forum peculiarities that cannot be explained or understood.

The LS power resist energy already does that doesn't it?

yeah but this is like in relation to a picture where a dude is blocking lightning with his saber which implies new powers or possibly a lightsaber with lightning reflection qualities?

I would think a lightsabre crystal wich gave the user lightning resistance would be very possible.

However, even if you take a piece of consept art as being directly indicative of in-game content, it is not clear whether Atris is actually blocking the lightning with her sabre or just waving it around while Sion sparks off.

I would think it more likely that the Jedi Master PrC will get a "reflect force" power, emulating yoda.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

bit off topic but hey, that final fight with malak left me a bit dissapointed, all you had to do was use plenty of medpacs or woteva n then try nd freeze or drain the captive jedi, im hopein all the new saber stance in kotor 2 will make major fites a bit less repetetive

Umm...in EU and even the original trilogy, lightening is blockable by lightsabers.  I don't see why this is a strange or even new idea...  The only new thing is incorporating it into the ruleset...

Blockable in the original trilogy?????

In any case, I'm sure they could implement it with some sort of AC or Dex or maybe even based on BAB (since that's your skill with a lightsaber). Or maybe a combination with your saving throw. Beat the DC and it does half damage...beat the DC by 10 and you block it. Make it a reflex save so that Dexterity can help it out.