Female Bosses

Ya I'm sorry it just my chance to act like I'm twelve and sometimes I relish it

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I can't say that the mask reveals the sith's gender.

Maybe they have left that open and depending on your choices it will be female or male :blink:

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I remember there being a topic like this awhile ago. I REALLY HOPE that there will be a female Sith Lord. I could care less about sex appeal or anything of the sort but I am sure if there was one she would be a devious vixen. I think she would probably be No. 2 because I am pretty sure Sion is No.3 if there are indeed 3 Sith Lords. Here's to a great female Sith Lord.

I forget what other post I mentioned this in.... but I don't think the masked Darth is a lady... I still think it's the Darth that is all scarred and has no bones and is held together by the evil side of the force. :blink:

I mean, if you had scars everywhere and no bones and you were bald... wouldn't you wearing a mask and a mysterious cloak? :D :rolleyes:

I forget what other post I mentioned this in.... but I don't think the masked Darth is a lady... I still think it's the Darth that is all scarred and has no bones and is held together by the evil side of the force. :p

I mean, if you had scars everywhere and no bones and you were bald... wouldn't you wearing a mask and a mysterious cloak?  :D  :lol:

Sorry, but this makes no sense to me at all. Why would they show us two of the Sith Lords when in fact they end up being the same person? Sure, they might want to confuse us, but from what the concept art shows, the two look like completely different characters. To me, Sion is someone who isn't afraid to end a conflict physically while the Masked Sith looks like someone who can gain just as much or more in the same conflict through other means like intimidation. Just looking at the concept art you can see that he (or maybe she) is a dominating presence.

Actually I'm of the rare opinion (apparently) that these games have too many female characters.

Maybe I grew up in a different era (born in '72), but I think too many games these days try too hard to push these fighting/tough female types that simply aren't convincing to me.

In the end, they just end up feeling like they are forced in to provide titilation. This makes the stories somewhat cheap and melodramatic.

I'm also not a big fan of romances in games. I just feel the focus should be on moving the plot forward, exploration, combat, etc. All that "mushy" stuff really makes the game too soft in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents.

Man I thought I was old :p

Just kidding, but I do think that the number of females in games is pretty well based on two things.

1 it wasn't that long ago that there was normally only one female playable character in a game, so in a way I guess they might be trying ti level the field

2 simple truth more girls play video games

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Ah! men!

Oh come on people, there have already been two female Sith!

1: The moment Bastilla traded over to the Dark side to be the Sith Masters Padawan, she became a Sith.

2:If you were a Evil as Reven, and female, than she also counts as a sith no?

Then there were all those female Dark Jedi you killed throughout the game. In the Old republic all dark jedi are considered Sith, so everyone of them were Sith. Then there was that Lady Twi'lek Sith Chick (who was a boss)

Come on guys stop thinkin with yer D**** and use the old noggin.

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

The Masked Sith has really hairy arms.  So I'm pretty sure that he is a he.

Yeah okay, taht doesn't change the fact that the Twi'lek female in KOTOR 1 was both a sith (complete with tatoo's) and a boss. Case closed.

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

Gods. Why does a female character have to be such a massive effing deal? Why does it have to be sex-based? Okay, the point about seduction and control is completely valid and I agree: but not every female [sith] has to be like that. Why can't there be legit female characters? Why should their sex be the very basis of them? Shouldn't sex be incidental? Or, really, I think we're speaking about GENDER. I really don't care if you're male or female: if you can do it, you can do it. I think there need to be more female characters just because it's unbalanced and there haven't been female Sith Lords.

As for shoving strong females down your throat and them being unbelievable . . . I know if I go onto this one I'll end up flipping out. I don't think there's anything wrong with strong women. Maybe we just need to be accepted and stop being treated/thought of differently?

One more thing . . . the mask I find is more elegant, which people seem to equate with feminine now-a-days, but that's not necessarily true. It could be male.

The female Sith is this game is supposed to bear a resemblance to the Wicked Queen from the Disney animated movie Snow White, whom I found repulsive. Of course, this was near on 20 years ago, 'cos I don't make a habit of watching Disney films as an adult...except The Great Mouse Detective.

If this is true, I think it's a good sign. OE refused to fall in with the stereotype that exists in gaming that evil women have to be hot. There are so many other directions they could take it. I for one, hope that the female Sith is of the "Marauder" prestige class, even further removing it from the "cold-blooded" woman stereotype.

*shrugs* By and large, I'll judge the female Sith by whether or not she's interesting as a character. If she is, than OE succeeded. If not, well there's always NWN2.

Okay, I mean, that was all, again, valid, but to me . . . Let's put it this way, I'm six foot and am no weakling. I have bigger shoulders and muscle than every male in my family (except my bro who's built like me only bigger O_O; yeah, huge). So I *AM* that tough bad@ss female character and I've always been one of the boys and always just been accepted.

So it's strange for it to not be normal, I guess. That's why I react so strongly: I don't care that I'm female. I do what I can do, and it has nothing to do with my sex or some gender I was [read: wasn't] trained to be.

Though I do agree that things are fine the way they are, I would like to see a female Sith Lord. I'd love to be one :D I'd do a great job, but I don't think that's happening any time soon o_o

It's fine to let the boys play, but I've always been the girl playing with you, and never seen as a "girl". So I just don't get why there can only be the one obligatory female, instead of having it more natural. Equal doesn't necessary mean even. There will always be more men in war and fighting and conflict: that's nature. But that doesn't mean that there are no women.

I guess . . . I guess I'd just like to be better represented.