Female Bosses

Cause if you are a guy and the female character is made to look attractive in any way ( and in these games, this is usually the case), SEX will always be a factor.

Whether you admit it or not.

The only credible "tough" females  for me would be ones who looked average or ugly.

Which should make Kreia credible then. :D

I think things are fine the way they are.  I think having at most 1 major female character in who fights and stuff is  more beleivable.  You average woman is not going to be into risking her life and getting into galactic adventures. 

I mean do you really want things to be so equal and perfect? How boring.  How about just letting boys be boys?  What's wrong with the guys having a little fun?

There is value in having males explore deep personal relationships without the complexities of sex thrown in there.

And the same time, since the end of the OT, all the EU (no matter what you think of it) that has been published about SW is pushing the notion that, at least in the SW universe, there is little to no difference between men and women. There is just as many Jedi females in SW fiction (which includes the games) as men. Following that logic, there's no reason why Mira and Atris, two reasonable looking females cannot conceivably coexist in the same space.

While I agree that other settings (particularly Gothic) really have no place for a large female cast, the Star Wars universe has a tradition of it, and the "strong female" archetype has a place.

The female Sith is this game is supposed to bear a resemblance to the Wicked Queen from the Disney animated movie Snow White, whom I found repulsive. Of course, this was near on 20 years ago, 'cos I don't make a habit of watching Disney films as an adult...except The Great Mouse Detective.

If this is true, I think it's a good sign. OE refused to fall in with the stereotype that exists in gaming that evil women have to be hot.  There are so many other directions they could take it. I for one, hope that the female Sith is of the "Marauder" prestige class, even further removing it from the "cold-blooded" woman stereotype.

*shrugs* By and large, I'll judge the female Sith by whether or not she's interesting as a character. If she is, than OE succeeded. If not, well there's always NWN2.

I will have to go back and watch that movie. I don't really recall what the witch looked like.

My sister was a tom boy and had some trouble growing being accepted. She is a big rodeo fanatic and always wanted to ride bulls, but chilvarious men wouldn't allow her too. I personal have no trouble believing or accepting that some women can handle the physical side of things as well as a man.

I believe that most men "jonesen" for a female character are mostly looking to live out some fantasy via a video game

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

exactly

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

A female Sith Lord would be a fresh breeze to scatter some peoples idioticly sexist views on things.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

WOW i TOTALLY agree give me a break, its unrealistic to ahve more than 1 major femal character.. it would not happen in reality, well theres a possibilty hilary coudl win but... ehhh no. And it does nto happend TOO OFTEN in teh SW Universe not to say it NEVER does.. but nto often. WHeter its right or wrong its teh truth.

THer is no point in forcing a Femal boss in teh story just for the sake of having a female boss in the story.

Have you read ANY EU? The Expanded Universe of video games, comics and books has countless examples of strong female characters. It's almost become a Star Wars EU tradition.

I just get tired of the "princess willing to get her hands dirty" type characters in starwars, I'd like to see a teacher/warrior type

Exactly. Why can't we have realistic female characters? Which means that they'll span a broad spectrum. "Strong women" do exist in real life: I happen to be one, so I know that there IS a spot for a female to be just a normal character not a "female character, oh wow, she's actually a girl!" Just a bloody character!

I havent even bothered putting her in my party for the whole 20 times ive replayed the game or completed her side quest...

A) she is a computer generated alien....not very attractive.

B) either way if i was attracted she is older than me anyway

C) she sucks in every form of combat or support... thus useless dead weight

hope we dont see a character like her in TSl's

I havent even bothered putting her in my party for the whole 20 times ive replayed the game or completed her side quest...

A) she is a computer generated alien....not very attractive.

B) either way if i was attracted she is older than me anyway

C) she sucks in every form of combat or support... thus useless dead weight

hope we dont see a character like her in TSl's

While YOU may be teenager your Character Isn't....

BTW -> While she was Pretty useless , she was funny....

whitch is more than i can say about Carth.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

• 2 weeks later...