The Expanded Universe (EU)

envida

By god i love nitpick fights (nothing personal to either side :))

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

BECOUSE George Lucas himself decided about these contradictions. And these are the movies. And KOTOR is just another game made NOT by Lucas but by some uneducated canadian lackeys. Not to mention that TOTJ was created also by Lucas.

Are you so lazy that you didn't read previous posts in this thread? How  many times do I have to tell that TOTJ is more official that most of EU novels?

Nur, this is what is pissing people off. "uneducated candaian lackeys".

1. it smacks of racism

2. it

So for me, there never were any Yuuzhan Vong, there is no Force that can be stripped away or lost or anything like that, the Sith were not an Empire-like military force they were a religious sect counterpart of the Jedi only worshipping the Dark Side instead of the light, the Old Republic was 1k years old not 25k, there have not been 200 clones of multiple bad guys including Palpatine and some others since they couldn't come up with newer more interesting villains, and by God Boba Fett is dead and digested.

AMEN Muad'Dib, AMEN!!

People are still arguing with Nur? I guess he still believes "For God and the Expanded Universe. All Hail Stackpole."

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Your analysis is wrong . If GL participated himself in creation of TOTJ that's mean that TOTJ are more official that rest of EU.

That statement is wrong.

On the official star wars forum, they had a thread dedicated to this and showed the different "levels of canon". Comics are lower on the order than any authorized books in canon.

edit: at the very least, TotJ are no higher up in canon than any of the EU novels, and I distinctly remember it being said that all comics are a tier down from the EU novels.

First

Yah Anakin is right on this one, the only thing that goes above books in hierarchy is original movies.

Second

George lost alot of canon status in my opinion when he made Ep1 and Ep2. In my personal hierarchy and the hierarchy of all of my friends prior Ep 1 and Ep 2 material take up a higher class.

Think about how many wars there has been from kotor leading to ROTJ and tell me why it would appear that technology is almost the same...

everytime someone invented something new or exciting it was destroyed thus returning back to a normal stage of technology.

Ick time loop  :)

Because a society will eventually reach a plato (sp?) where no new technology will be invented only minor advancements, ergo it possible that the Star Wars universe would have already reached such a Plato (sp?). I realise that some people out there would have prefered that KOTOR follow the example set out by TOTJ but if that was the case then it more than likely wouldn't have been quite as popular and more than likely we wouldn't be here at all because there wouldn't have been a second game in the franchise. They (being LA, BW, & M$) needed to make the game apeal to as many people as possible and to do so they needed to pick feel for the game that was familiar to the mass public and not just a percentage of the public.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

People are still arguing with Nur? I guess he still believes "For God and the Expanded Universe. All Hail Stackpole."

Dear Laozi I HATE Michael Stackpole more than even Microshaft.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

The EU is not canon, its a chaos under the principle of "Too many chefs spoil the soup". And KoTOR isnt cannon either, so it matters even less if it contradicts any part of that chaos.

If I was developing a SW game I would do exactly what Bioware did, incorporate the parts that I deemed fitting and ignore/alter the rest.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "