Killing off Party Characters

This might be old for some, but I just found a movie on IGN where youre involved in a conversation as a DS PC that allows you to kill off Mira.

IGN KOTOR II Movies

Its the third of the E3 videos.

Im glad to see that Obsidian is keeping this feature, as I felt it made the first game more realistic and darker in an otherwise thuggish darkside.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Since we know you can adjust your partymembers light/dark nature you probably won't get the same opportunity to massacre many of them like the last game.

If you can convert them to the darkside with you then they may all end up serving you, rather than you having to kill half of them for refusing to bow down to your evil ways.

Well, not ALL characters can be converted, or so I believe that it has been stated, so you'll probably end up killing a number of party meember anyway.

Interesting movie, too... We've not seen much in terms of dialouge so far, so... Anyway, it seems like that if we want to, there'll be clashes between us and other party members early in the game. IF we choose to do so, that's it (there was at least 3 other choices, after all)...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

E3 stuff aren't supposed to reveal anything about the story so I doubt whether this indicates a game feature; and that feature ought to be that one should be allowed to kill off party members whenever one wishes: I'd love to kill Carth right in that Taris appartment. Mission and Zaalbar right out of the Taris undercity. Jolee as soon as he opens that energy shield. I'd have liked to kill Juhani over and over in that grove....

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

E3 stuff aren't supposed to reveal anything about the story so I doubt whether this indicates a game feature; and that feature ought to be that one should be allowed to kill off party members whenever one wishes: I'd love to kill Carth right in that Taris appartment. Mission and Zaalbar right out of the Taris undercity. Jolee as soon as he opens that energy shield. I'd have liked to kill Juhani over and over in that grove....

:lol:

Well, I dunno about the "whenever one wishes" part, but I do think it might not be a too bad idea to at least make it an option to make it possible to kill a character when you encounter him/her. Especially so if it's plain obivious that your interest conflicts from the very beginning.

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Well, I dunno about the "whenever one wishes" part, but I do think it might not be a too bad idea to at least make it an option to make it possible to kill a character when you encounter him/her. Especially so if it's plain obivious that your interest conflicts from the very beginning.

actually there are quite strong hints as to the possibility of this idea that you're bringing up. It's already been confirmed that party formation won't be as straightforward as in Kotor: Clearly it's no longer the 'Take these 9 people and bear with them through the entire game' principle, which becomes all the more superficial since characters stick on you because they helped open a door at some point.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

This might be old for some, but I just found a movie on IGN where youre involved in a conversation as a DS PC that allows you to kill off Mira.

I didn't hear a conversation, but the movie shows you fighting Mira. However, it might be just like the Juhani fight where you can recruit her and you don't have to kill her.

I didn't hear a conversation, but the movie shows you fighting Mira. However, it might be just like the Juhani fight where you can recruit her and you don't have to kill her.

that's the 2nd video; you ought to look at the 3rd which is actually what leads into the fight in that clip

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

actually there are quite strong hints as to the possibility of this idea that you're bringing up. It's already been confirmed that party formation won't be as straightforward as in Kotor: It's no longer the 'Take these 9 people and bear with them through the entire game' principle.

That's a relief, IMHO :lol:. It adds to the realism of the game and it also means that you won't be forced to spend the whole game together with one or more characters you don't like :(. I almost dare to think that since Atron Rand doesn't seme toh ave gaiend much popularity here, he'll be quickly kileld by most ;p. Me, I think I'll settle for killing Krea on my first playthrough evilgrin.gif (which will be as a Dark Sider).

Im glad to see that Obsidian is keeping this feature, as I felt it made the first game more realistic and darker in an otherwise thuggish darkside.

Its in an interesting feature, and certainly better than what we had in KOTOR where everyone pretty much stuck with you no matter what you did, but it doesn't make the game more dark, just more realistic. If you were playing a Lightside character, you wouldn't want characters who were dark in your party either.

BTW, anyone have problems downloading/viewing this file, or is it just me?

that's the 2nd video; you ought to look at the 3rd which is actually what leads into the fight in that clip

Ah yes young padawan, I didn't scroll down far enough. If you can kill her I wonder if you can turn her too?

Ah yes young padawan, I didn't scroll down far enough. If you can kill her I wonder if you can turn her too?

Probably. She's a neutral character and should be quite turnable :lol:. But it'll probably be something that you have to do slowy, over time, and not right away.

while criticising the thuggish ways of the DS in Kotor, do not forget some of the truly great DS gems: the electrocution of the Duros in the Sith base on Taris; brainwashing the merchant on Kashyyk into multiple murders; force choking the Sith captive at the Manaan Republic enclave; making the Mandalorian captive speak, and then killing him, at the Sith academy; Slaughtering party members and especially Mission; and the Romeo&Juliet conflict on Dantooine -that was the greatest; a great, ingeniously devised massacre under the nose of the Jedi council.

Bounty Hunting on Taris wasn't too bad either, in fact that included one of the most evil things you could do; killing that girl (I forgot all names) who intending to protect herself, injured a gang member who wanted to rape her, and had a bounty placed on her head. Even stealing the Wraid Plate from the desperate woman on Tatooine wasn't that thuggish, since her lines were well written. Fooling the 'hopeful' waiting at the gate of the Sith academy into attacking the guard was also nice.

With the more flexible party formation feature, it should be possible to incite more fights between 'obsolete' members and watch them expire themselves.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M