So I was flipping channels...

Arkan

And I stumble across rasslin'!

WTF?

One guy's gimmick is to be retarded.

I repeat. WTF?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Well it just seems pretty stupid. Not that I expected much else, but come on....retards?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I have family members that love wrestling.

Occassionally they try to suck me in, telling me what's going on. The last time I saw anything, there was a murder charge on one of the wrestlers for killing another one.

I watched wrestling when I was a little kid. Back then it was just cold war propoganda. Now it's a soap opera.

Come on, people. It seems you still treat wrestling like it's real. theya re actors like in any tv show. If you don't like the stories or the characters; that's oen thing; but to make it sound like they'r eevil because they do stuff like murder or have 'special' characters is just so childish and whining. In fact, the "retarded" wrestler they have as been pushed as somone to be proud of as he works hard, tries his best, and while he gets taken advantage of at times; he somehow squeeks out. In essence, he's a non clasic classic hero. Aweosme stuff. It's not about making fun of retards' either. Lameo.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What I don't like is when some wrestlers go away for a few months, then come back with a completely different persona, but most wrestlers are really recognizable, so they just look like knobs because you still see them as their old persona.

Mankind/Mick Foley/Dude Love/Cactus Jack was an exception because his gimmick was that he was nuts.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think 'rasslin peaked for me in the mid-90s - they had classic characters, great matches, engaging and edgy storylines (compared to the 80s, at least), and two major companies competing for viewers...now there's only one company left, and while the matches can still be good on occassion, the storylines generally suck (necrophilia anyone? date rape? anything involving the MacMahon family?) and all the top talent is either retired or off in Hollywood.

As soon as Degeneration X disbanded, wrestling started to suck.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

"The murder was done in RL and not in the ring, Volourn"

No, Hades, wrestling has never had a story where somoen has murdered in RL. That's impossible, cosndieirng the storylines are just that storylines. When a wrestler beats up anothe wrestler it is story. When a wrestler "murders" another one it is story. When a wrestler steals another's girl it is a storyline.

Don't get me wrong, manyw restling stories are stupid (many of them indeed); but that's what they are simple stories. Wrestling stories though are more character driven than most stories as usually the actaul subject matter is pretty silly; but its the characters that make even the lamest of stories possibly work.

"The murder was done in RL and not in the ring, Volourn"

No, Hades, wrestling has never had a story where somoen has murdered in RL. That's impossible, cosndieirng the storylines are just that storylines. When a wrestler beats up anothe wrestler it is story. When a wrestler "murders" another one it is story. When a wrestler steals another's girl it is a storyline.

Don't get me wrong, manyw restling stories are stupid (many of them indeed); but that's what they are simple stories. Wrestling stories though are more character driven than most stories as usually the actaul subject matter is pretty silly; but its the characters that make even the lamest of stories possibly work.

Why I cannot validate the murder story being real or not, it has never been beneath the slugs that promote wrastlin' to use real life trauma and troubles as fodder for the show.

No, Hades, wrestling has never had a story where somoen has murdered in RL. That's impossible, cosndieirng the storylines are just that storylines.

he's not talking about a story volourn... he's talking about a real life murder that occured within the wrestling community. if i can find the news bit i'll post...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

he's not talking about a story volourn... he's talking about a real life murder that occured within the wrestling community. if i can find the news bit i'll post...

taks

Did he taunt his victim with badly structured phrases while flush in his undies before pile driving him through 6 feet of cement?

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

Yeah,w restling is the onyl community that has scumbags involved it. Besdies, what "murder" ae you talking about? I know wrestling has problems with drug overdoes; but I have yet to hear about many actual murders taking place.

Plus. that's irrelevant to watching wrestling on tv as that is very much just stories.

So whichw restler murdered which wrestler? And, please don't let it be some 20th rate unknown wrestler.

She wasn't murdered. It was a drug overdose. Her boyfirend, Lex Luger had been charged with various drug offenses; but it wasn't murder.

And, other than the fact they are wrestlers who used to work at the WWF; it has nothing to do with the stories shown on WWF tv. On top of that, when this story first broke last year I beleive the only mention of it on WWF tv was a short message at the beginning of Raw stating how sad theyw ere she died and that they'll miss her.

So, once again, what does that have to do with WWF and their stories?

Hahaha

This brings back memories.. I remember when we had just gotten cable, and flipped over to see some psycho try to kill a guy in overgrown mustache (Ultimate Warrior vs. Hulk Hogan).

Last thing I remember from my wrestling watching days was Lex (the ultimate bad guy) able to bodyslam Yokozuma (and thereby become the ultimate good guy, complete with american flag and everything)..

It doesn't appear as though I've missed anything since then...

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

As soon as Degeneration X disbanded, wrestling started to suck.

I agree, when DX died, wrestling died. I still miss those old confrontations between The Rock and HHH, and Steve Austin blowing up the DX bus. I don't watch much anymore because it has changed so much, that I don't know who's who anymore.