Starting level

Why wasn't he alongside Luke in all the novels?

Main reason? Games aren't EU,now over time KK has been placed into the EU. He's mentioned in the NJO books I believe but still,games aren't official EU usually.

Though I agree with the level number applying to the way the game works and not the story.

Honestly, it doesn't make sense to have the level system incorporate with story...

PC: "What level was Revan before he become the Sith Lord?"

Zhar: "Ahh, now that's a question for the ages..."

The d20 is already far enough from fitting ANY story as it is - stories don't tend to have balanced gameplay, and there's even less balance in real life.

I want to hate the X-Box because it's a Microsoft product. I really want to hate it. But it's a good console.

I hate the X-Box anyway. Now if it had more than a couple of games that'd I'd actually be interested in playing, that would be another story. I wasn't too thrilled with the poorly designed PS2, but after several games I liked came out for it, my attitude towards it softened considerably.

I think there would be more than one guy not buying this game if Obsidian designs and writes the story of the game stupidly.

Fortunately, I do not think that having a "lower" level character that is a mentor for you is considered designing the game stupidly.

Nor would I consider starting you off at level 1....since it is indeed just an arbitrary number.

I think there would be more than one guy not buying this game if Obsidian designs and writes the story of the game stupidly.

Fortunately, I do not think that having a "lower" level character that is a mentor for you is considered designing the game stupidly.

Nor would I consider starting you off at level 1....since it is indeed just an arbitrary number.

Spellmar says:

...designing the game poorly.

And Hades is a writer. For shame! :rolleyes:

Points taken... but... here are my points.

1) You are out of tune with the force.

2) It is a videogame and Kreia can be whatever level they (Obsidian) see fit.

3)  I've never seen a game that has done this before with the main PC... ;)

4) In KOTOR I was stuck on level 20 for awhile.  Right before the "unknown" planet portion.  I think I was in Korriban.  Anyway... yea...

1st level character = starts at level 1

6th level = starts at level 6

4) Me to, if leveling up had been consistant throughout the game would have finished at 21st level. Assume TSL is slightly longer then the character would expect to level up 21 times. 4 + 21 = 25, still less than 30.

3) HotU comes to mind imediatly (level 15), however as I remember the Final Fantasy games didn't start at 1st level either. I think Cloud was level 7 at the begining of FF7. Edit: and BG II of course.

2) I think Hades covered this one

1) It could be done this way:

Near start of game (PC 1st level):

"Aye-up chuck, I'm Kreia Weatherwax the Lancre Jedi. You're looking a little out of touch with the Force. Let me fix that for you." (Waves hand)

** LEVEL UP **

** LEVEL UP **

** LEVEL UP **

Edited by Fardragon

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I didn't used to like XBOX then I played my cousin's KOTOR and realized Grand Theft Auto is also on XBOX. In short that changed my mind on the system and I bought the limited edition green one that comes with Halo.

Yes, it is.

Also to your point about levels, I agree with you. That is why I prefer a level-less and classless system of role playing.

Scary though it is, I agree with you. I think the Unisystem is my favorite. So much less constricting and so much easier to construct your character around your personality and background. In the D20 system it sometimes seems that your stats and things are completely irrelevent to your personality/background.