New Screenshots

Lovely graphics. Obsidian looks like it's doing a good job with the overall look of it, (so I'll drop money on it anyday and pray for a good storyline. But then again these are then men who brought us fallout. and such lovely games. So let's cover them with clue and drop money on them!)

Lovely, lovely graphics... I want some of those fancy heads and force powers all for myself. :huh: Keep up the good graphics work, Obsidian!

Fnord.

It's not the white haired female. It's one of the new faces that are going to be there for creating the MC. Does look as if the character in the screen is dark however. And that's not to say there's no way to turn the white haired female dark either. But that screen isn't her.

She might not have fallen all the way to the dark side. The black lip stick and that it's that character using crush that makes me things she's dark. Where it's true that everyone can use whatever powers they wish,just seems like them shown an example of a dark character.

Pretty graphics but pretty graphics doesn't make a good game.

*slaps the troll*

I am just not impressive about graphics. Music, story, character development, rules system and those items I can be impressed of.

And do you need to broadcast your trivial opinions in an annoyingly pointless manner?

Don't worry, it's not Carth. It's the pretty-boy soldier, Atton Rand... At least, that's what his name was last time I read it. <_<

The Ebon Hawk will be in a baaad shape at the start of the game, mysteriously dumped by Revan on the mining asteroid of Peragus. Most likely you'll have to go through a horde of enemies to get to it, find a key to unlock the doors, and then finally fix it. :huh:

Fnord.

Don't worry, it's not Carth. It's the pretty-boy soldier, Atton Rand... At least, that's what his name was last time I read it. <_<

The Ebon Hawk will be in a baaad shape at the start of the game, mysteriously dumped by Revan on the mining asteroid of Peragus. Most likely you'll have to go through a horde of enemies to get to it, find a key to unlock the doors, and then finally fix it. :huh:

Actually T3 fixes it up in the tutorial.

Don't tell me they are putting a in game tutorial. That is one of the stupidest things a developer can do. Tuitorials should be separate of the game and the game's story because if a person who played the first game DOESN'T FREAKING NEED IT! Also a person who is replaying the game DOESN'T FREAKING NEED IT! Tutorials need to be separate of the game so each time a person replays the game they don't have to go through the same freaking bullsh*t every single time.

Man, I thought Obsidian was going to do better than this. I guess I was wrong. :angry:

Don't tell me they are putting a in game tutorial. That is one of the stupidest things a developer can do. Tuitorials should be separate of the game and the game's story because if a person who played the first game DOESN'T FREAKING NEED IT! Also a person who is replaying the game DOESN'T FREAKING NEED IT! Tutorials need to be separate of the game so each time a person replays the game they don't have to go through the same freaking bullsh*t every single time.

Damn...

Put down the red bull and take a breath.

It's optional,no one has to do it.

If you choose to play the tutorial, you'll take control of T3-M4, ancestor to the R2 units we all know and love. Your job will be to make your way around the Ebon Hawk, which has apparently gotten quite an ass whoopin', and repair the ship's damaged systems. As you do this, you'll be able to piece together some of what's happened. If you choose to skip the tutorial, you'll jump right into the game...

That's how it'll work,unless it's been changed. That's from an older look at the game on gamespot.

Also a proper tutorial should have zero story aspects to it. The purpose of a tutorial is to teach you how to play the game, not to entertain.

If it can do both and the information given in the tutorial has nothing major to do with story then I have no problem with it. I don't mind easter egg type info being thrown into it for fun, I do dislike actual important plot info being thrown in however.

It shouldn't be an integral part of the story, agreed. I think the point of adding story or somesuch to a tutorial is to make it feel like part of the game, so the person learning the game is actually engaged in learning the interface instead of twiddling their thumbs and getting confused, having no context to apply any of what the tutorial is teaching them. You may argue that's only for "idiots", but "idiots" exist, I'm afraid, and are even likely a significant portion of the gaming community that will be forking over their cash for this game.

D&D Heros did a decent job with the way they did theirs. It was optional so you did not have to do it. It was a branch off the starting cave that you could take if you wanted to learn how the game controls and other suchs things worked. Came out in the middle of the normal game path so you could go back and look for anything that you missed if you wanted to.

The best tutorial I've seen was the one in Gothic. It had none. They just threw you into the game with no explanations whatsoever and let you get your butt kicked over and over until you forced yourself to learn the game mechanics. And that's the way I like it. I hate being hand-held through my games.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!