People who intend to boycott the game

Indeed, I expected a February release date. Nothing substantiated the rumors of a December release.

LucasArts never shot down that rumor either. That rumor was circulating for a good 2 or 3 months, and all LucasArts had to do in one of their dozens of interviews is say "that's just a rumor. the release is still scheduled for the original date of feb 2005". Companies ALWAYS shoot down rumors they know to be untrue. But LucasArts, despite being mentioned NUMEROUS times to them that there's a rumor for a December release, said nothing to the contrary. Explain that one away.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

LucasArts never shot down that rumor either. That rumor was circulating for a good 2 or 3 months, and all LucasArts had to do in one of their dozens of interviews is say "that's just a rumor. the release is still scheduled for the original date of feb 2005". Companies ALWAYS shoot down rumors they know to be untrue. But LucasArts, despite being mentioned NUMEROUS times to them that there's a rumor for a December release, said nothing to the contrary. Explain that one away.

Best guess is that they used the rumour to increse they hype over KOTOR2, and gain extra publicity.

Best guess is that they used the rumour to increse they hype over KOTOR2, and gain extra publicity.

which proves Topaz's theory that they never "deceived" us as wrong.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

despite being mentioned NUMEROUS times to them that there's a rumor for a December release, said nothing to the contrary.  Explain that one away.

Thats what I found most distasteful letting the hype around the possible dec release spiral out of control, and all the while knowing it to be impossible <_< if they had made it clear from the beginning that there was no chance I wouldn't have been bothered at all. Its just like when you are a kid and you ask for something from your parents, and they say "we'll see" just to shut you up, all the while knowing they are never going to get you it, making not getting it all the worse <_< If someone asks you if we may get it in Dec say:

NO is that so hard to understand!

Don't work your way around the question, leave that to the politicians.

Thats what I found most distasteful letting the hype around the possible dec release spiral out of control, and all the while knowing it to be impossible

But it was possible, and according to Akaris post, still is

BTW, not only did they not dispel the rumor, they started saying the release was Winter 2004 rather than Feb. And then made a weak attempt to cover it up with the calender thing

Thats what I found most distasteful letting the hype around the possible dec release spiral out of control, and all the while knowing it to be impossible  if they had made it clear from the beginning that there was no chance I wouldn't have been bothered at all.

Same here. that is 1 reason why i got riled up

If someone asks you if we may get it in Dec say:

NO is that so hard to understand!

Not 2 us. But that is the world of big business, will they understand it, most likely no.

They only see what is best for making money, and in this attempt to make money, LA little gamble doesnt look to hav paid off, though i am drawing that knowledge from these forums.

(Edit) the calender thing could well hav been true. I aint saying i is, but it could hav been. Remember mst developing houses r often in different countries, and will most likely use different calenders and timetables to ur country

Edited by KOTORFanactic

Let us not forget that these release dates surprised the devs at Obsidian too!

Now, here are the real reasons for the delay that I have heard rumored, in no particular order:

- Holding of the PC version till the international release helps limit piracy in europe.

Me: While it will help, it's not like X-box piracy isn't common place in Europe. I wouldn't be surprised if it was were mopre common than the states.

- The "Grey Market". It's when markets outside of the US buy copies of the games to sell abroad that were intended for the US market. While this doesn't hurt sales particularly for LA or sellers, it cuts in to the European distributers bottom lines. They don't really like that.

- LA has little faith in the PC version, tho it is superior in most ways. They look at the sales numbers of KOTOR1s PC version compared to X-box (tho the PC version was released months later) and assume that those numbers will more or less carry over to K2. So if it will sell "so few" copies, it makes reason #1 even a greater risk.

- O, and a little pressure from Microsoft

No one knows for sure, but call them educated guesses

(Edit) the calender thing could well hav been true. I aint saying i is, but it could hav been. Remember mst developing houses r often in different countries, and will most likely use different calenders and timetables to ur country

Unless California has broken away from the Union...... :(

but lets not forget that priacy will be over in the good old USofA aswell.

If they released the first game simultaneously, then sales would most likely be a lot, and i mean a lot, more even between PC and Xbox

Perhaps if u thought of that LA it might=more money

Edited by KOTORFanactic

once again this board shows an incredible ability to stay on topic

The Duke Nukem Forever posts too much? :(

Man you yelled about these talks when they were in the proper threads

I'm not sure what you want people here to talk about, did you enjoy "poll-ville" and KOTOR1 discussions more?

I mean the game is a few months from being out and is being complete now. It's not like we can realistically effect it's devolpment. Without any news we have limited things to talk about. The IGN force thing was mostly old news. Hell, the Darth Maul type guy in the pictures managed to spawn a thread or two.

It's not like we have a whole lot of choices.

no people...let's clarify...in the threads about the delay, I expressed my opinion that you should all get over it. I never said they werent the right place for you to whine like 8 year olds.

What I'm saying is, that it's a pain in the ass when every thread gets derailed into the SAME topic, brought about by the same people that seem to take every chance to try and remind everyone that they think LA sucks and they wont be playing, and why.

Newsflash...most of us dont care

no people...let's clarify...in the threads about the delay, I expressed my opinion that you should all get over it. I never said they werent the right place your you to whine like 8 year olds.

What I'm saying is, that it's a pain in the ass when every thread gets derailed into the SAME topic, brought about by the same people that seem to take every chance to try and remind everyone that they think LA sucks and they wont be playing, and why.

Now look whos whining like an 8 year old :(

no people...let's clarify...in the threads about the delay, I expressed my opinion that you should all get over it. I never said they werent the right place your you to whine like 8 year olds.

Now look whos whining like an 8 year old :(

you buddy. you cant even acknowledge my point is correct. There's a proper place for people to bitch, and it shouldnt be spread to every other topic on the board.

If you wanna sit at the adult table, you have to learn to converse like one.

no people...let's clarify...in the threads about the delay, I expressed my opinion that you should all get over it. I never said they werent the right place for you to whine like 8 year olds.

unfortunately <_< ,it seems to be inevitable.

Now look whos whining like an 8 year old :lol:

::ZING::

My problem is when people say this is "for the best" or misrepreset hte reasons why this happened. When that happens, I like to state my opinion.

But I'll tell you what, start an interesting topic that doesn't relate to this, and I won't touch it. You have to still deal with Hades tho (lub U doomy!)

Hey, I am a consumer just like the X-Boxers, but my gaming choice is the PC.  LA promised simultaneous release and broke that promise.  Now they need to reap the consequences.

you're entitled to that opinion. That's fine...I disagree, but that's OK too.

This thread is not an extrension of that...if all of you cant understand that, I'll try to use smaller words. This thread is to state that if you hold that opinion, great. But dont ruin every other thread that comes up by steering the convo to that topic. It's annoying.