People who intend to boycott the game

- This obviously hurts LA, but it hurts Obsidian (who worked thier asses off to get the game out by Dec, only to have LA **** it up for them). Basically you would be saying "**** you" to your best friend and worst enemy in this matter. Also, since piracy may be a reason in the PC delay, it can only hurt us in the future.

Amen to this. You may want to hurt LA, but don't hurt Obsidian in the process.

Uh, that they'll still get wads of dough for all their sleaziness in the end?

First, nothing will change that. X-box sales alone should mak ethe game a success

Ok, lets run through senerios:

1. You pirate the game

- This obviosuly hurts LA, but it hurts Obsidian (who worked thier asses off to get the game out by Dec, only to have LA **** it up for them). Basically you would be saying "**** you" to your best friend and worst enemy in this matter. Also, since piracy may be a reason in the PC delay, it can only hurt us in the future.

2. You buy the X-box version

- just about the worst think you could do

3. You wait for the bargin bin

- Just like #1 this hurts both Obsidian and LA, just less so than #1

4. You trade in games to get a used copy from Gamestop or you buy a used copy

- This more or less the same as #1 to these guys. The sales numbers don't go up, and niether party sees a dime.

5. You wait for the PC game.

Both Obsidian and LA profit just like the X-box version, but the difference is that they profit through PC sales.

6. Pirate and send Obsidian money

- I guess Obsidian gets money and LA doesn't (assuming Obsidian doesn't send LA their cut), but still it looks bad for Obsidian as it cuts into sales. Plus, as I said before, since piracy may be a reason in the PC delay, it can only hurt us in the future.

It's pretty much a no win for somebody that doesn't deserve it, or a win for someone who doesn't deserve it.

It should be said that pirating an Xbox game is not particularly difficult in this day and age. I feel pretty confident that plenty of European Xbox gamers will be playing this game in December, despite LucasArts' intentions. This will cause a dent in the International Xbox sales, a rather huge one I think, so the piracy issue can't be the deciding factor, I think. And regarding piracy: The titles usually pirated are the ones where the public feels betrayed or poorly treated by the people behind the game. So I believe that this decision by LucasArts will increase piracy of KOTOR2 on all platforms and regions ,

The dilemma I find myself in is this: I've played Planescape: Torment, so I have confidence in Obsidian's ability to make a quality game.

However, after having been directly lied to by LucasArts I have no desire to support them financially.

The one thing I do regret is all the bad publicity Obsidian will get from this, despite the fact that it isn't their fault. This is their first game, and I'm fearful that this bad publicity may haunt them forever. I would hope that they make sure to sign contracts where they have a say in the release dates in the future, and that they would decline to do a KOTOR3, should LucasArts ask, given that they gave Obsidian the impression that Kotor2 would be released simultaniously, no matter which version was finished first.

I will be thinking hard about this, but right now: the urge to refuse to pay to play this product is the dominant feeling for me.

I like how this train wreck of a thread I caused illustrated my point perfectly. Surprise surprise, it turned into an argument on the release dates.

Um....it has been since page one :)

Because my friends THATS WHAT THIS STUPID THREAD WAS ABOUT!!

WTF? Who does this guY think he is!? Fair enough there may be a few people who comment on every thread about the release date, but for f***s sake, the amount is only matched by this guy whineing about it! Do us all a favour, if you don't have anything constructive to say, STFU!!! <_<

WTF? Who does this gut think he is!? Fair enough there may be a few people who comment on every thread about the release date, but for f***s sake, the amount is only matched by this guy whineing about it! Do us all a favour, if you don't have anything constructive to say, STFU!!!

Rigourisly seconded, thired, fourthed and fifthed.

I hav nowt more 2 say.

if you don't have anything constructive to say, STFU!!! <_<

Which is why ranting over the release date should stop because it's not constructive.

Thats just it nobody is anymore that I can see!! All I can see is this guy who likes to see his own posts, and what he is talking about is ALOT less constructive than the "ranting over the release dates" :angry:

P.s. Hades is an acception :)

Which is why ranting over the release date should stop because it's not constructive.

Well it really wasn't all about the release date, now was it. Anyway, since Feargus' post things are a bit clearer and because these guys work so hard I'm thinking about getting this one, not really sure, but if I do, it's still the last LA game ever. Those guys have lost my business, and I've had more LA games than anything else, since when I was a kid I got x-wing for x-mas. It was really good, and it had that little magazine/catalog to work on my impressionable little mind, so I got that series and the jedi knight series and a few others along the way. No longer. Put that in your pipe and smoke it LA

Why I "jumped into the fray" was to show that alot of people had the wrong idea about why the release date was delayed (and it was DELAYED). People were saying that Obsidian didn't have it ready on time.....etc...which is wrong. It's all about LA making money and big companies happy, despite giving their word.

I think any doubt about what I was saying was erased by what Feargus said.

Why I "jumped into the fray" was to show that alot of people had the wrong idea about why the release date was delayed (and it was DELAYED). People were saying that Obsidian didn't have it ready on time.....etc...which is wrong. It's all about LA making money and big companies happy, despite giving their word.

I think any doubt about what I was saying was erased by what Feargus said.

Pardon me for asking this but I have been away for the past days. What did he say?

Well it really wasn't all about the release date, now was it. Anyway, since Feargus' post things are a bit clearer and because these guys work so hard I'm thinking about getting this one, not really sure, but if I do, it's still the last LA game ever. Those guys have lost my business, and I've had more LA games than anything else, since when I was a kid I got x-wing for x-mas. It was really good, and it had that little magazine/catalog to work on my impressionable little mind, so I got that series and the jedi knight series and a few others along the way. No longer. Put that in your pipe and smoke it LA

you will have earned a great deal of my respect if you can accually do what you say. (for all it's worth)

I just have a hard time beliving that if the next (after Kotor 2 that is) KoToR is the end all Jedi game, or the next Jedi Knight game (if there is one, and god i hope so) redefines LightSaber combat, will you really be able to stick to it? If you can, I admire you, your a stronger man then I. (but then again, i haven't really had a mad on with LA, or ANY game developers for that matter, well, I was livied about the Lunar games being delayed... oh, about 3 or 4 years by workingdesigns... but i got over it once they were relased and enjoyed my games. LOL)

KingSnake.

Highest time to lock this thread.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.