People who intend to boycott the game

Cant really blame the publishers.....Xbox version was ready much sooner then PC version,Heck I think they even mentioned that Xbox version was started on first...So both versions being released wasnt gonna happen in the first place....I know they shouldnt have filled up everyones head with that nonsense but what would you do if you were them?Let the Xbox version collect a nice amount of dust on the shelf and wait for PC version to be done,Or sell the xbox version for the christmas holiday and make some money and keep the PC version at the ORIGINAL DATE which is Feb 05....We all know what happens

" Akari said somewhere that Febuary '05 was what they were shooting for origionally, and he said nothing has changed. LucasArts just decided that they could massproduce USA Xbox KOTOR2 discs, maybe, or maybe KOTOR2 has been going well, we don't know.

We do know that they're still working on the game. Adding languages.

Febuary 2005 was the release date if you'd read game sites from about a month or two back. Moving up a release date does not mean that the other version is delayed - a delay in a game is something along the lines of a Half-Life 2 delay, or a Doom 3 delay or a Warcraft 3 delay. . .Et cetera. That means that the date has been moved back from the origional date. That is not the case with KOTOR 2. "

Thank DesertHawk for that post

You guys didn't really read the thread before posting did you?

Please (re)read the first 3 pages and you will understand it IS the publishers fault and most of what you have said is incorrect.

EDIT: such as: Akari has said both version would be read on the same date and that Lucas Arts did declare a holiday winter 2004 release for both versions.

Well, it seems we've hit upon the second big problem with alienated consumers: the militant defender. I can't understand what sycophants hope to get out of quixotically and hypocritically defending the honor of a company and why it seems to hurt their own self-worth to see anything but glowing adoration posted.

When consumers have complaints they seem to be largely discredited by being linked to the small subset that will whine and moan about feature x and attack the devs because the game doesn't have realistic pancake-making mechanics and by the flames that arise out of any legitimate criticism or complaint simply because some people cannot tolerate others' views. Because of the nature of an online community, it simply isn't tenable, and is ultimately counterproductive to stifle negative opinion, and it seems to me that, within reason and the below the legal definition of libel, voicing such opinions is perfectly legitimate. Locking threads about things simply represses and increases anger. This might have simmered down by now if we'd actually been able to have our say.

before the argument here in this thread becomes overated, i must say that i was more annoyed that upset over the apparent lie of the simutanous realease, but i got over it.

those you say their boycotting, yeah their lieing,. they will buy it,and enjoy it, til then they will just tell everyone off and that they wont buy it till its in the bargain bin at walmarts.

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

So, what would you suggest I do to show my disgust with LucasArts?  Giving them money is not an option, nor not playing the game.  B)

Here are a few options:

1. Suicide

2. Get a life

3a. Call a proctologist and find out what's wedged up your ass and get it removed

3b. Failing 3a, call your gynacologist and repeat for a slightly different part

4. Go to a pharmacy and get some Midol for your premenstrul syndrome you seem to have

5. Cry in a corner

6. Contact a psychiatrist

7. Grow up

I don't pirate, won't pirate, and can't condone it, but all the same I see, considering the complete ineffectuality of boycotts, no good options. Maybe it's time to get out of gaming, because seriously, in other hobbies if you receive a defective product, you are compensated. If you have an issue with a company statement, they value your business and pretend to care. Lucas Arts is now truly at the cutting edge of the biz, spitting on those who they would have buy their products, and with the rest of the industry following a bit behind, there are no options. I'm reaching a point where I'll find something else to do, and really, I've played games for a long time and spent a lot of money on them. I can actually understand Hades' view for once.

You guys are taking this way to far! The "only" bad thing they did is release the Xbox version for USA sooner and not say sorry or give an explanation to the gamers.

Just for the record I'm and international xboxer so I to wont get the game until February just as you pc guys and don

I intend to pirate it and send money to Obsidian.

Sounds acceptable to me. As mkreku posted in the other thread:

QUOTE(mkreku @ Sep 12 2004, 11:43 PM)

I wonder if it would be legal to download the game and send 50$ directly to Obsidian? smile.gif

I read about some guy in Sweden who bought a CD, tried to transfer the songs to his MP3-player but couldn't (because of copy protection systems), returned the CD to the store, downloaded the songs from the internet and then sent 20$ directly to the music company. He got away with it.

And there you have it. Yet another genius idea from Hades, a guy with a Liberal Arts degree for Christ' s sake! What's the world coming to?! :(

:)

manthing2.jpg

So, what would you suggest I do to show my disgust with LucasArts?  Giving them money is not an option, nor not playing the game.  B)

Here are a few options:

1. Suicide

And you claim that we're the ones that are taking this to extremes. :blink:

Suggesting someone commit suicide just because they don't agree with your viewpoint illustrates exactly the kind of person we're dealing with.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Here are a few options:

1. Suicide

And you claim that we're the ones that are taking this to extremes. :blink:

Suggesting someone commit suicide just because they don't agree with your viewpoint illustrates exactly the kind of person we're dealing with.

...a social reject that brings shame to humanity? :blink:

manthing2.jpg

Hey, I didn't mean compensation for this, and if you've read my other posts you'd see I really don't mind the delay. I'm a big fan of "when it's done". My issue is primarily with LA and other game companies to a lesser extent. As for discouraging developers to make PC games, what about discouraging developers from making functional games or releasing patches? That's already happening just as much. They can make some broken piece of crud, sell it to a few hundred thousand 13 year olds, have the few people who want their game to work banned from their boards, and then go on their merry way. The ignorant cow of a consumer discourages quality just as much. As for PC particularly, I've been watching it go downhill a bit, not because of quality competition, but because of console cashins. As for the value of a liberal arts education, I'm a classics major :blink:, though maybe some of my rage is left over from the sheer insanity of this country I live in. Anyway, this blanket defense mentality has left quite a lot of people suffering, (i know it's a game, relative term), already.

The only way a boycott would work is if an overwhelming majority of the people boycotted the game, and I do not see that happening.

Furthermore, I am concerned as to what a boycott would do to Obsidian financially.

This is of course we're as significant as we like to think we are.

I just browsed over some of this thread, and I realized something.

This is nuts. You guys are putting too much energy into negative responses on a message board that won't get your opinions to the right people. Instead of bitching about the situation over and over and over, write an educated letter to LucasArts telling them how you feel. If enough people do this, then perhaps something will be done. Keep in mind that the letter needs to be educated, no swearing or irrational threats. I know someone has suggested this before, but it doesn't seem to have gotten through.