Planet speculation

I would imagine "six or seven" depends on if you count Onderon and Duxn as seperate locations, although he may be thinking of Peragus.

I think the non-world locations are Citidal station, a Sith warship and the secret hiding place of the jedi.

Chris Avellone says that "six or seven planets" is "kind of an unfair categorization"!

From my point of view he isn't only talking about non-world locations (as a starship) but rather about locations you could define as planets but nevertheless aren't. If Dxun for example isn't on the Ebon Hawk's galaxy map, so it isn't a "planet" in this terminology.

"Is on the galaxy map" would be a fair way to define "world" I suppose, athough that would omit Taris from the first game and the Star Forge and unknown world would count as 2.

Whilst you might have to go via Onderon initialy to get to Duxn it will probably appear on the map later so you could fly directly and save time if you have to revisit. Telos and Citidel might function the same way.

Edited by Fardragon

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I'm still not sure I'd like to see Coruscant in the game, mainly because it'll be next to impossible to capture all there is to know about Coruscant in the game, unless Obsidian's prepared to dedicate a HUGE area to it (think Taris, then multiply that by about 10).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If they are smart with it it shouldn't be a problem. Like I stated above you can't just go anywhere around Corusant by walking, you have to fly. Well flying everywhere is out. But if you think about it, what do we need to go to Corusant for? The Jedi Temple. If the Devs can make an entire level out of the Jedi temple or the Senate then nothing else needs to be shown, for in both areas we would be inside. Therefore if you lookout a Jedi temple window you see the speeders and skyscrapers, but that's it. Just an illusion so to speak.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Chances are that if Coruscant is included, it'll be more than just the Jedi Temple. Coruscant has a big undercity that could be similar to the undercity in Taris, but much larger. It could definitely add variety if that was included.

I'd hate for them to include Coruscant, but only allow us to visit the Jedi Temple. But maybe that's just me.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Chances are that if Coruscant is included, it'll be more than just the Jedi Temple.  Coruscant has a big undercity that could be similar to the undercity in Taris, but much larger.  It could definitely add variety if that was included.

I'd hate for them to include Coruscant, but only allow us to visit the Jedi Temple.  But maybe that's just me.

maybe something that can be done for kotor3?i agree,even through my very limited knowledge,that to represent coruscant well,the map would have to be quite large.

as always,feel free to show me how limited my knowledge is. :p

Coruscant should be realistic, this means it needs 4 individual modules dedicated to the upper city, another 2 for the apartments. They need 2 for the jedi temple and 1 for the galactic senate (i know its huge but are you going to talk with all the 25,000 + senators there?). ALso, they would need atleast 2 or 3 modules for the lower city...

A contribute to our planet discussion:

There is certainly another planet in the game, which looks very different from the ones whe already mentioned here.

The planet can be seen in the trailer. The sky is red and the skyline is made up of flat square-edged buildings.

post-1629-1095627343_thumb.jpg

PS: Is that structure in the top left corner the Ebon Hawk?

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

There is certainly another planet in the game, which looks very different from the ones whe already mentioned here.

The planet can be seen in the trailer. The sky is red and the skyline is made up of flat square-edged buildings.

yep. :)

That planet looks like Taspir III from Jedi Academy but also like a planet I have seen from Jedi Starfighter. It looks like the planet might be some kind of lava planet.

Some have may noticed there were some areas on the E3 demo one screen marked "NAR."  Could this be a hint that Nar Shadda is in the game?

And perhaps "HAR" was Haruun Kal in the Al'Har system.

This planet can be found in the starwars.com databank and looks interesting.

There is even a reference for RPG stats.

(E3 demo video)

Edit: Sorry, the link is broken.

Teehee, I was the first person to say those looked like Nar Shadaa way back in the early days of this board, before the influx of n00bs. B)

Some have may noticed there were some areas on the E3 demo one screen marked "NAR."  Could this be a hint that Nar Shadda is in the game?

And perhaps "HAR" was Haruun Kal in the Al'Har system.

This planet can be found in the starwars.com databank and looks interesting.

There is even a reference for RPG stats.

(E3 demo video)

Edit: Sorry, the link is broken.

Teehee, I was the first person to say those looked like Nar Shadaa way back in the early days of this board, before the influx of n00bs. B)

And I actually remember that. It's people like us who are the veterens!!!!!! And the cool ones in discussions!!!!!!!!!! :D

IS Naboo gonna be one of the planets? cause from what I see would have alot to offer IMO

What would Naboo have to offer? Except for the possibility of murdering Jar Jar's distant relatives so that they'll never be able to have that waste of screen time.

IS Naboo gonna be one of the planets? cause from what I see would have alot to offer IMO

Ummm...no....just no...

I don't think Naboo has even been mentioned as a possiblity...

O Bog, please just let me forget that planet even exists. <_<

It was in the prequels, thus it isn't part of SW. That better?

God your a miserable fn lot here ain't ya!!  <_<

Because I think that Jar Jar is the worst thing to happen to Star Wars since the Greedo shoots first incident? I think you made an overstatement there.

I just don't see Naboo offering much to the story, especially since the only things it is known for in the SW universe is Padme and Jar Jar.