KOTOR II Force Powers

I don't think so because Luke says in Jedi Academy "it's not the powers that make a Dark Jedi but it's the way he uses those powers." I mean Kyle Alex Trebek Katarn would use force lightning and choke but he used it for good. I'm sure DS points will come from how you wield those powers not from using the powers themselves. Although it is stupid to be an angelic Jedi who uses DS powers because the force penalty would be horrendous.

Cheers!

Probably in dialog options, like force choking someone to get them to talk will result in DS points, but using it on a dark jedi will net you no points.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Yeah, that makes sense. I was always hoping for more options like that...

Guy in the Tattooine Cantina gets uppitty, eh? FORCE CHOKE!!! Hmm..., not so tough any more eh. Too bad that that was one of only a few times...

"You shall not pass!"

I would hope to see a lot more usage of force powers in dialog, force persuade was really the only one used, I am wondering if they are going to add more than that.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Hmm... that's interesting.

I'd stick with the lightsaber. And yes, the other powers should definitely be used more in dialogue. Come to think of it, you should be able to choose which ones to use in dialogue... hmm.. persuade him, choke him, or ... force whirlwind him? SuUch unpredictable results. Of course, that may not be such a good thing...

"You shall not pass!"

The devs said that there might be some dismemberment...not a function of the combat of course... :blink:

given the numerous allusions Kotor made to the original trilogy, I wouldn't be too surprised if someone lost his arm at a climactic point in the story. Someone on these boards even brought up -jokingly, though- the point that the sith lord in the skull like mask could be the white haired girl's father (why are they witholding any info. about her? there's something odd with that girl). Something similar to that wouldn't be too surprising either; I'm sure we'll find in TSL some seemlessly implemented themes from the original film trilogy, the way bioware managed to do it without any feeling of insipid parallelisms. Even the little details were finely crafted; I don't think anyone accused bioware of plagiarism, due to that scene where the Ebon Hawk barely makes it through the Star Forge explosion, and even master Vandar didn't look *that* awkward as the head of the Jedi council, given the fact that but two Yoda-like creatures were even heard of in the SW universe.

speaking about force powers: How about having objects float in the air, and hurl them at the opponents?

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

I don't know about that, but I feel somewhat opposed to it...meh...I'll shut up...

Force powers in conversations: Say it's a business man. like Yuka (sp?), on the option to force choke him, should the force choke go all the way, killing him, unlike the combat feature, or should it stop? The problem with it going all the way is that he would of course die, but should you have the option to loot his body or his shop? And another thing with Yuka, when you threatened him as HK suggested, it still cost money(I believe 2500 credits), perhaps if you used force choke, should the price be lowered, or should it drop altogether, making him free? Should the effect be random? :blink: :ph34r: :huh: :ph34r:

speaking about force powers: How about having objects float in the air, and hurl them at the opponents?

now that I think about it again, I don't know the first thing about programming but since this is difficult even to imagine given the way kotor worked, perhaps it's too unrealistic. Could still be part of special duels, perhaps....

I think it would contribute a lot to the dark side feel of the game if we could really threaten people into doing things using force choke.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

I am talking about the one ON the Yavin Station not the ones in the Ebon Hawk.

I was joking.

in any case,you weren't having a conversation or anything with the Gizka, choking was just one of the silly cruelty options, like the neck wringing! In all our darkness, we could as well be allowed to tie empty cans on the Gizka's tail....

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

What about a Mind Trick force power that turns ennemies against each other like in the Jedi Knight games? Are they including it in the new force powers? Something like this per example: Mind Trick force power for Kotor 1

Yes! There is Force Confusion...

See the first part of this thread.

"You shall not pass!"