NEW WALLPAPER

"Ataris", "Arren Kae" or whatever her name is, seems to be holding the lightsaber way to 'lightly' to inflict any serious damage on the Sith Lord IMO. Other than that, i like it.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I agree with Wheelman. Her saber is blocked. The "sparks" show that the blades have already clashed. He can make one swift, strong move down and she's dead. She has to draw her blade back, and then up. The problem with this is that her weight and body and extended so far forward. She has over-extended herself.

I agree with Wheelman.  Her saber is blocked.  The "sparks" show that the blades have already clashed.  He can make one swift, strong move down and she's dead.  She has to draw her blade back, and then up.  The problem with this is that her weight and body and extended so far forward.  She has over-extended herself.

Ditto, she is as good as dead in that painting...

BTW, are we ever, and i mean EVER going to see a wall paper from the original painting of the silver haired girl facing the sith lord ?!?

Who made that picture anyway ?!? I think i'm going to e-mail the author and request a scan directly from him... <_<

She is NOT ARREN KAE!! I'll rip your friggin' head off if you say that again... WITH THE FORCE!!

Or maybe I'll make it slow and agonizing, a Force Crush, miming the motions over your head with my forefinger and thumb...

.... BUT SHE'S NOT ARREN KAE! LOOK AT THE FRIGGIN WALKTHROUGH VIDEO MORE CLOSELY.

See him load the game? Good. Wait.

NO, WAIT, GO BACK! You missed it. The save game has the main PC's name at the top, who is Arren Kae. Does it make an ounce of sense that one of the character's you could play on the E3 demo was one of the NPC's in the game? No.

If she sees the way she's left herself open, the way he's going to swoosh down as ender suggested (yes, I saw that as well), she could take advantage of it. If she's not too impulsive, or has the werewithal, if she's unbalanced (she looks like her feet aren't touching the ground, so I was thinking she could be flying forward, but hey), he's primed to attack, and if he starts too soon (which looks a likely move), she'd have a prime spot to roll under his reach and BAM!

She'd have to be fast.

Edit: Wait. I think she's running full-force into him, and her back foot is just leaving the ground probably. It's impossible to know where that'd leave her balance.

Although, if she did it right, she COULD throw her back foot foreward just enough to stop her momentum and stabilize her so she didn't end up on the ground. Whether he'd see attack from that perspective, I don't know. Like I said, timing or confidence.

:D YESSSSS More candy for me eyes... Now give us more so I can make my own!

You stole my jedi guardian! GIVE HIM BACK THIS INSTANT!

On a more serious note, this wallpaper is cool. I'm using it for defenite.

Woo, now I really want the game. 2005? That's AGES away!

We're having fun, nightcleaver, but you're obviously constipated... :)

Sometimes.

People tend to think I'm more serious than I am. I guess people think it's too unimportant to discuss, but what does importance matter?

What's everyone doing here, anyway?

Point proven.

If she sees the way she's left herself open, the way he's going to swoosh down as ender suggested (yes, I saw that as well), she could take advantage of it. If she's not too impulsive, or has the werewithal, if she's unbalanced (she looks like her feet aren't touching the ground, so I was thinking she could be flying forward, but hey), he's primed to attack, and if he starts too soon (which looks a likely move), she'd have a prime spot to roll under his reach and BAM!

She'd have to be fast.

Edit: Wait. I think she's running full-force into him, and her back foot is just leaving the ground probably. It's impossible to know where that'd leave her balance.

Although, if she did it right, she COULD throw her back foot foreward just enough to stop her momentum and stabilize her so she didn't end up on the ground. Whether he'd see attack from that perspective, I don't know. Like I said, timing or confidence.

I've been looking at this screenshot with disgust for days. I feel comfortable with one armed martial art. I'm familiar with 4 more, armed and unarmed.

NONE that I know, suggests that losing your balance is good. Most stress that causing your opponent to lose their balance is the key to winning.

Some have said Ok, let's chill out some, it's just art.

For those of us with an interest in martial arts, all suspension of disbelief is lost. It's like playing a realistic space flight sim only to be attacked by a pink fuzzy bunny. I'm not interested in super-realistic fights. They are limiting. However, art done so detached from reality gives me the screaming heebee-jeebees.

We can do lots of speculation about how this will turn out, but she has lost her balance, he has not. She would have to be better than him by several orders of magnatude to keep from getting killed.

On the most metaphysical side, if she's attacking with this much passion or anger, she shouldn't be considered a Jedi.

Galen

She would have to be better than him by several orders of magnatude to keep from getting killed.

Unless she keeps her balance in the way I suggested :rolleyes:

These are, after all, Jedi we're talking about. Anything could technically happen going from here, though the most obvious thing is that he has an easy shot at her if she's not fast enough.

You don't know that she has lost her balance. A human being bound by our laws of physics would probably be out of balance in that situation. This is not necessarily the case for a Jedi. In fact, the ones in the movies all have their own impossible combat moves.

But she might be a better fighter than he is, even if they're both Jedi. Maybe she'll throw herself forward and use the momentum to flip past him.

That only works if you have a hit zone the size of a Whill. All he'd have to do is hold his saber near her middle as she flips and WHAMMO! She's got that whole Darth Maul look going on. :lol: