force powers

Sorry I've been so busy. As an unexpected twist, my best friend in the world just showed up on my doorstep unexpectedly over the this past week and asked me to run a PnP game for her. She just moved back from Puerto Rico.

I am still going to try and run this game for you-guys. I'd like to start this Friday by meeting for a chat, finishing up character creation and maybe running prologue scenes. If everyone's characters are finished, we could also start the campaign. I'm going to hunt down good RPG chat programs or sites. Suggestions are welcome.

Vandy Pigon

"GoGo" - nickname.

Oh, right - good to hear it. It's confirmed that I'll have a computer and working internet connection while I'm at school. Friday's should still be good.

What time are we thinking? Anything after 7 is unlikely to conflict with dorm room dining schedules, and I might be able to manage something as early as 4 - as long as it doesn't last too long.

Worst case scenario, I'll have my trusty junkfood/cereal bar to eat. It's only one day of the week, after all...

If you need to break for food, that's fine. On Friday, I'm free all day. I work graveyard shifts, and like to sleep in considerably on my days off when I can afford to. So early day is unlikely. From afternoon into the wee hours of night I'm free. What about everyone else?

Friday's bad for me, especially the next couple of weeks.

Next weekend I'm going away with buddies to a cottage, then the following one it's a big family thing for a cousin's 18th birthday.

After that my friday's should be free though.

So I dunno, if you want to NPC my character for 2 weeks, or if you think it's best if I just join the party in two weeks. Let me know.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That's a really good question. I'm going to grab some food, and when I get back, I'll PM everyone who's expressed interest and see if I can get a finalized list of characters so I can get to work on plot and NPCs.

I have no idea what time Indiana is (right now we're 11:30 but we don't observe daylight savings). I've got everything for my character but name and force powers (btw how does buying force powers that use two of a stat work?) along with background and personality and the minor details of physical description and stuff.

Name: (?)

Human

Dex: 3D

Lightsaber: 5D

Dodge: 5D

Knowledge: 2D

Willpower: 3D

Cultures: 2D

Mechanical 2D

Starship Piloting 3D

Perception 2D

Pursuasion 1D

Strength 2D

Stamina 1D

Technical 2D

Control 3D

Sense 4D

Alter 3D

I have no idea what time Indiana is (right now we're 11:30 but we don't observe daylight savings). I've got everything for my character but name and force powers (btw how does buying force powers that use two of a stat work?) along with background and personality and the minor details of physical description and stuff.

Name: (?)

Human

Dex: 3D

Lightsaber: 5D

Dodge: 5D

Knowledge: 2D

Willpower: 3D

Cultures: 2D

Mechanical 2D

Starship Piloting 3D

Perception 2D

Pursuasion 1D

Strength 2D

Stamina 1D

Technical 2D

Control 3D

Sense 4D

Alter 3D

Shin, did you borrow attribute die to put in your Force attributes? Your regular attributes seem a little low. Also, if I might make a suggestion, you don't really want to place only 2D in Strength. When you roll to resist injury, you'll only be rolling your Strength. You have the equilavent of a 'glass chin' right now. I'd suggest bumping it up to at least 3D.

Also, put down more skills! :) You don't need to put any dice in them, but you're seriously short-changing yourself by not having more skills down on your sheet. Just make sure you can justify them by your character concept.

Don't worry, I've got more skills written, I just only wrote the ones that I put points into here.

Sense 3D instead of 4D

Strength 3D instead of 2D

I'm not really sure how the rules for this system work so point out any other shortcomings in my stats please. Right now I pretty much know that I'm a Jedi who has just come out of the academy. knowledge on theoretica aspects of things, but not much practical experience.

Don't worry, I've got more skills written, I just only wrote the ones that I put points into here.

Sense 3D instead of 4D

Strength 3D instead of 2D

I'm not really sure how the rules for this system work so point out any other shortcomings in my stats please. Right now I pretty much know that I'm a Jedi who has just come out of the academy. knowledge on theoretica aspects of things, but not much practical experience.

Looks good otherwise. Make sure you put down Melee Parry as a skill if you intend to fight others with your Lightsaber. Also, I don't know how Ender plans to handle it, but maybe put Craft Lightsaber down under Technical.

shin's right. Ender said earlier in the thread, in response to my question about melee parry, that melee parry doesn't cover lightsaber combat.

Also, I didn't know we could take points out of our attributes for force powers? I suppose he never said anything against it, and I considered it myself at one point, but still...

If we can apply points that way, I'll make a few revisions.

as well, I don't see "starship piloting" as a selectable skill anywhere. There's starfighter, capital ship or something of that sort, and space transports.

A point moved from Perception to Sense, adding force skills magnify senses, instinctive astrogation, and translation.

What deoes life web do, actually?

shin's right. Ender said earlier in the thread, in response to my question about melee parry, that melee parry doesn't cover lightsaber combat.

Also, I didn't know we could take points out of our attributes for force powers? I suppose he never said anything against it, and I considered it myself at one point, but still...

If we can apply points that way, I'll make a few revisions.

as well, I don't see "starship piloting" as a selectable skill anywhere. There's starfighter, capital ship or something of that sort, and space transports.

A point moved from Perception to Sense, adding force skills magnify senses, instinctive astrogation, and translation.

What deoes life web do, actually?

I heard the cost of being a jedi was that your other powers suffer. The Force powers count as attributes (a different type but still attributes). Therefore they would logically draw from the same pool, no? Anyway, we have +5D for force powers if we're jedi. I also heard that force powers are almost useless until we get to around 7D. I might do a little adjustment to my stats making myself less force power oriented though.

I've been thinking about this.

I never said you couldn't steal attribute points to increase force points even more. However, as it stands, we'd have one Jedi more powerful than the rest, though his attributes and skills suffer for it. What does everyone else think?

I'm still checking out a place to run the game. Most places I've looked have forums, or you need permission to create chat rooms. I'm looking for a simple chat room with a rice roller we can use.

I've been thinking about this.

I never said you couldn't steal attribute points to increase force points even more.  However, as it stands, we'd have one Jedi more powerful than the rest, though his attributes and skills suffer for it.  What does everyone else think?

I'm still checking out a place to run the game.  Most places I've looked have forums, or you need permission to create chat rooms.  I'm looking for a simple chat room with a rice roller we can use.

How about OpenRPG? I've never actually tried it, though.

As for borrowing Force Attributes, I don't mind myself, but I think it might handicap the character when not in combat. This might not be an issue so much because we'll probably have others to take up the slack in this department..