force powers

Hola, friends. By the appearance of things, I'm in. :lol:

Here's the character I devised:

Character name: Aden Krelin

Type: Ex-Sith Fighter Pilot

Gender/Species: Male Human

Height: 5'10

Weight: 150

Physical Description: Looks consistently haggard, unkempt beard, eyes red and sunken and dark brown hair grown to his shoulders. Wears casual shirt and pants with a grey unbuttoned officer's coat with all the insignia torn off, stained and ragged from overuse.

Personality: Gruff and cynical, with a biting sarcasm and world-weariness. A curmudgeon who often has little patience with anything but the direct approach (learned from the Sith.)

Objectives: Avoid capture by the Sith, and somehow make a living.

Dexterity: 3D

- Blaster: 4D

(Specialization: Blaster Pistols 5D)

Knowledge: 3D

- Streetwise 4D

Mechanical: 4D

- Starfighter Piloting 6D

(Specialization: Sith Snub Fighter 7D)

- Starship Gunnery 6D

(Specialization: Laser Cannons 7D)

- Swoop Operation 5D

- Astrogation 5D

- Space Transports 5D

Perception: 3D

Strength: 2D

Technical: 3D

Move: 10

Force Sensitive: No

Force Points: 1

Dark Side Points: 0

Character Points: 0

Background: Born on Nar Shaddaa, Aden grew up knowing only the brutal and lawless rule of the Hutts and their cronies. His experience amongst the poor families living in the squalor of the Smuggler's Moon made him a hard, tough youth who was soon running with one of the local Swoop gangs. Yet, it also made him contemptous of chaos and disorder; the harsh reality of life in Hutt space taught him that the strong must rule, and yet the decadence and criminality of the Hutts themselves convinced him that the strong must use their power to bring order and stability for their rule to be legitimate.

Disgusted with his home, he saved up his credits until he could finally purchase passage to Coruscant, where he hoped to fulfill his dream of becoming a fighter pilot for the Republic as they battled against the Mandalorians. When he arrived there, however, he found himself equally disgusted with the weak and fracticious politics of the Senate as he had been with the Hutts. It was only when Revan and Malak began their war to conquer the Galaxy that he found his calling; the iron hand of strong leadership without the filth and decadence of the Hutts. With his bare handful of credits, he took a transport deep into newly acquired Sith space and enlisted.

Aden proved a natural in space combat. In his Sith fighter, he proved himself time and again, eventually gaining a commision and the command of his own squadron. His future in the Sith seemed bright....but then it all came apart. He caught a Dark Jedi whom he had never been on good terms with planning with several of his cronies to eliminate their commanding officer during the next battle against the Republic. Discovered, Aden barely got away, but was shrewd enough to realize that the word of a Sith pilot against that of a Dark Jedi wouldn't amount to much, and that he was thus as good as dead if he stayed in the fleet. In a panic, he stole a Sith transport and fled for Republic space.

Now, Aden finds himself in an unenviable position. He still believes in many of the Sith ideas, but he knows he can never go back without facing execution....if not due to the Dark Jedi's accusations, then due to his own desertion. Bitter and disillusioned, he has become a heavy drinker, and his future is uncertain even to himself.

Comments: Aden will probably have a bit of a grudge against any Jedi in the party, not so much because of loyalty to the Sith as a dislike of Force users due to his predicament. He's still got a lot of Sith ideas, but he is also a pragmatist; he can't go back, so he feels no more loyalty to his old comrades and will work against them as freely as anyone....if the price is right.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

We just need a start time my friends. I'll download OpenRPG and try it out tonight, but it looks like a good free program that emulates the feature set of WebRPG. We'll likely use that.

Also, I want to reiterate that your background and objectives is just as important in character creation as skills and force powers. If you're not a writer, and don't want to do some complex background, that's fine. But I need to know something about your character, where they came from, what their values are, and what their goals in life are so I can create the hook that throws the characters together. If you'd prefer, you can do it in a 20 questions format rather than a written background.

I saw one other player took a piloting skill, but it looks like Ivan's character is pretty much a dedicated pilot and I'm planning on handing him a ship and making him the primary freighter pilot of the group. There's a plot hook involved with him, and the ship.

You never said you were playing. Do you have a character planned?

Ender: I was intending my character to be the co-pilot, so I'm A-OK with how it is now.

Give us a time. I'm pretty much free after 1:00 on fridays. (GMT -6 here) Weekends usually aren't occupied in terms of time, and all other weekdays finish (all of this is just for the next month, liable to change) around 4. Nonetheless, I'd like to start our sessions 5:30 (we've decided on friday pretty much, I think) to leave plenty of time to play, and so I don't have to stay up real late - not that that's a problem, for now.

I've read this entire thread and I still have no idea what ya'll are talking about.

They are trying to get together to play a Star Wars Pen and Paper game, online.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Here it is

Valin Kalenda

Saber 6D (In total with stats(

Dodge 5D

Alien Species 4D

Culture 4D

Law Enforcement 4D

Starfighter Piloting 4D

Stamina 4D

First Aid 4D

These are the ones I

There aren't a whole lot of Alter powers. There are plenty of Sense+Alter powers you grab later though.

Also, I've noticed that a few people have missed picking skill specializations. You get 3 of them. And you get your one sh!t skill. Put one die into a skill that fleshes our your character story wise, but doesn't affect direct gameplay too much.

I believe one person took Frungy as a skill (a sport). You could take Holo-Chess, Wookie Poetry, Yodeling, whatever...

Hey all. Unfortunately, computer trouble kept me off the Internet for about a week and I'm going on a trip with with my GF this weekend, so I won't be able to come online.

Were we scheduled to start this week or next? I'll pm Ender my character details anyway.

Just one note about installing OpenRPG. You should probably download it ahead of time if you haven't already. There are gotchas that you need to look out for.

1)You'll need to download Python 2.3 -and- wxPython 2.4.2.4. The OpenRPG website provides a link to Python 2.3, and thats good, but the link to wxPython takes you to wxPython 2.5.1.5. You'll need the earlier version of wxPython, which can be found here. If you install wxPython 2.5.1.5, OpenRPG will not start.

2)After installing Python 2.3 and wxPython 2.4.2.4, download and install OpenRPG 1.6.1. Browse out to where you installed OpenRPG and double-click on start.py to begin.